SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : World Vision Reverses Decision on Gay Married Employees: We Made a Mistake

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
In our board's effort to unite around the church's shared mission to serve the poor in the name of Christ...

Here is the big mistake. We think if we do good deeds in "Jesus Name" that He is bound by His Name to bless it. Much is done in His name, that He has not commissioned. You can tell by the fruit.

Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He has magnified His word above His name. Hear and obey His word to you, and stop using His Name!! Or the other way around, many use His Name without any regard for His word.

Psa 138:2 ...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

2014/3/27 11:18

Re:

This was a huge descision in the first place, not taken lightly. These are not stupid people, they would have known it would have caused a reaction from the majority of their supporters. Now simply because they underestimated the reaction and then scrambled for damage control certainly does not come under the category " humbly reverse course." These guys on the board are not " novices," in fact quite the opposite. With leadership comes responsibility and with responsibility comes accountability. This is a huge issue in Christendom and the initial decision by this organization put them right at the heart and center of it.

You cannot lead by licking your finger and sticking it in the air to see which way the cultural winds are blowing. In the times in which we live, where there is a famine of the Word of God clearly spoken by men and women led by the Holy Spirit, this was one more example of leadership leading by the dictates of the world and not the Word. The repentance of the world leads to death, true Godly repentance leads to life. People will have to exercise their own discernment in each and ever case in the days in which we live. To try and discern using a formula and applying it to every case is like using a sledge-hammer. The Holy Spirit uses a scalpel , a very sharp two edged-sword that discerns the thought and the motives behind every thought and action...... bro Frank

2014/3/27 12:22
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Some say the children should not have to suffer because of this decision.

2014/3/27 12:33Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I wonder how many children who were formerly sponsored through World Vision by conservative evangelicals will now starve and die because so many Evangelical leaders are so concerned about being "holy." Next you'll be worried about people being healed on the Sabbath.

2014/3/27 14:40Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

While this whole event has been grieving to hear about, it has not been too surprising for me. A while back the lead pastor of the church I was then attending brought several copies of Richard Stern’s book, “The Hole in our Gospel” and encouraged everyone to grab one. As I started reading it I immediately had serious concerns with its premise and the way it handled the Scriptures to support its agenda. To be honest I couldn't really stomach to read the whole thing. It was clearly supporting what has been termed the “Social Gospel” which is no gospel at all.

This liberal, social gospel has been packaged and repackaged over the years, and in recent times it has been promoted largely by the emergent church movement. Multitudes of churches have been caught up in this trap of Satan.

As part of this movement there is a challenging of the authority of the Word of God. Brothers and sisters, we must take heed that we do not get caught up in the social gospel trap and agenda. It is a clever deception which places human physical needs above God and His Word. It is a man-centered message with a man-centered agenda. Many believers including myself have been too gullible to recognize the deception.

The primary purpose of the church is to preach the gospel and make disciples for the glory of God and the advancement of His spiritual kingdom. All other types of efforts are secondary to that primary purpose, and they should be done with that primary purpose in view.

It is true that Christians are called to do good to all people, especially those in need within the household of faith(Gal.6:10;Acts 6:1-3). Our Lord indeed fed and healed the multitudes of lost people, but it seems clear to me that He always did so within the context of proclaiming the gospel of the spiritual kingdom of God, because that was His main mission in His earthly ministry before going to the cross.

I believe this article does a good job at giving a biblical perspective on Stearn’s book:

http://www.thebereancall.org/content/january-2011-extra

2014/3/27 14:54Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Some say the children should not have to suffer because of this decision.

So the question becomes, what are we willing to surrender for the bread that perishes? For the poor, for our children, for ourselves?

Will it be bread or every word that proceeds from the mouth of God?

2014/3/27 14:56Profile

Re:

I wonder how many people will die and spend an eternity in hell because so many are not concerned about Truth, the Word of God and holiness? The question may be are we prepared to stand by and watch people with full stomachs go on to hell because we are ashamed of the Truth which is the power of God unto salvation?

The Salvation Army started out with a bold vision, the Spiritual imperative to see souls pulled from a raging storm that was drowning the masses and pulling them down into an eternal hell, and they fed the poor also. If we only feed people then we are good humanists. If the primary goal is to feed the souls of men with manna from heaven and living waters from above then we are fulfilling our calling and the feeding of the poor is a by-product of this, not the primary object. Once the feeding of the poor becomes the primary object, then we are merely a charitable organization , Christian or otherwise.........bro Frank

2014/3/27 14:59
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

There are other organizations that feed and clothe the needy, both Christian and non-Christian. Why support an organization which claims to be Christian and yet is apostate in nature, while there are other organizations you can support, both Christian and non-Christian. 1 Cor. 5 comes to mind. There we are commanded not to fellowship with those who claim to be Christian and yet deny the faith. I would venture to say it's better to support a secular organization that does not claim to be Christian.

Even better yet, we can go to the poor ghetto areas within our reach and reach out with the gospel and food and clothes as we are able, then we can make sure our money is not misspent.

My thoughts, Oracio

2014/3/27 15:04Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The Pharisees were concerned that people would spend eternity in hell and that the Jews would be sent into exile again... which is why they were so concerned about Jesus healing on the sabbath.

2014/3/27 15:10Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If you don't feed them long enough to get the opportunity to hear the Gospel, and they die, they'll go to hell anyway.

2014/3/27 15:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy