SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Richmond Police Department Still Harassing Christians - Calls for Intervention Repeatedly Ignored

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Denny

Virginia

Richmond Police Department Still Harassing Christians - Calls for Intervention Repeatedly Ignored

Once again, a pro-life Christian has had to appear in Richmond General District Court to answer bogus charges brought against him. As was expected, once again the charges were dropped.

Those who minister outside Richmond abortion clinics have become used to this harassing cycle in recent years.

Richmond City Police Officer Howard Noyse has made it his mission to threaten and/or arrest those who offer help to women who are contemplating abortion at Richmond Medical Center for Women (abortion clinic) where he moonlights several days each week.

Although repeated pleas have been made to the Mayor, Chief of Police and Police Department supervisors, nothing has been done to stop the repeated abuse.

The latest incident in a long history of abuses by several Richmond Police Officers culminated today with the dismissal of charges against Charles Frederick Neal, a Christian sidewalk counselor. This follows on the heels of two other bogus charges being dropped after the City refused to prosecute the cases.

Life and Liberty Ministries calls upon the new Chief of Police and Mayor to stop these abuses and rein in this out of control Officer.

"It is very disconcerting that City Officials have thus far turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the many calls for help. For years we have sought relief from this abuse. When will the Richmond City Police Department cease from harassing law abiding citizens? How long must we endure this mistreatment?"

Dennis Green, Director of Life and Liberty Ministries

[url=http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com ]Life and Liberty Ministries[/url]

CALL TO ACTION

Contact the following Officials to voice your concern over the policy of allowing officers to moonlight at Richmond abortion clinics.

Office of Chief Monroe
200 W. Grace Street
Richmond, Virginia 23220
(804) 646-6700

Mayor Douglas Wilder
900 E. Broad St.
Room 201
Richmond, VA 23219
804-646-7970
[email][email protected][/email]

2005/4/8 17:44Profile

Re: Richmond Police Department Still Harassing Christians - Calls for Intervention Re

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this what Christians are supposed to do, act out in the flesh to bring in the righteousness of God?

I am not all trying to be contentious in this matter. It says in James 1:20

"For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God."

I mean, isn't our place to take this humbly before the LORD and let Him work this thing out?

I see Christians picketing, peaceful marches, etc.. are we not to live a peaceable life in this world, as it says in 1Tim2:1-3

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"

Karl

2005/4/8 22:09
Denny

Virginia

Re:

I don't follow your logic. In what way is being unjustly arrested being unbiblical?

Paul appealed to Caesar for justise. Seeking to have the police depatment rein in a police officer who abuses his authority is just, proper and biblical.

2005/4/8 22:25Profile

Re: Christians/arrests

I see that they were ministering outside of the clinic, is that proper?

Do we wrestle against flesh and blood?

Paul wasn't calling on justice for any cause, but his own.

Just trying to understand why Christians are making a spectacle of themselves in public when they should be on their knees wrestling with the demon that that is wreaking havoc to the unborn.

Cast out the demon and that problem is solved, it won't be solved by passing a law, another time will prove that that law will not stand for long.

Karl

2005/4/8 22:34
Denny

Virginia

Re:

You asked:
"I see that they were ministering outside of the clinic, is that proper?"

My response:
Absolutely and without question. Messiah went to where the lost were. We go to where they are also. We are to follow his example.

Brother, you pray at home, I will pray in the battle.

2005/4/8 22:53Profile

Re:

I love hearing about what you guys are doing. Keep up the great work!!

2005/4/8 22:56
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
I love hearing about what you guys are doing. Keep up the great work!!

We will be having a Campus preaching tour in September. We will be traveling through VA and maybe a little in DC and NC. Want to join us for some Southern outreach?

2005/4/8 23:04Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

What kind of slodiers?

Quote:

Denny wrote:
Messiah went to where the lost were. We go to where they are also. We are to follow his example.

I more have an issue with placards, however check this out and see what you think, its really hard core:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=6278] Becoming a Soldier In God's Army Requires a Personal Calvary by Keith Daniel[/url]

It is amazing to hear what they went through.

2005/4/9 0:12Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: What kind of slodiers?

Quote:

ZekeO wrote:
Quote:

Denny wrote:
Messiah went to where the lost were. We go to where they are also. We are to follow his example.

I more have an issue with placards, however check this out and see what you think, its really hard core:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=6278] Becoming a Soldier In God's Army Requires a Personal Calvary by Keith Daniel[/url]

It is amazing to hear what they went through.

There were no placards being used at any of the arrests.

I will check out the message by Keith Daniel. Thanks.

2005/4/9 0:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy