SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Most Popular and Fastest Growing Bible Translation Isn't What You Think It Is

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Fred Phelps is dying and you all want to have a Bible Translation dust-up?

Yay!!! been a long time.......gotta get somebody to take the bait though.

2014/3/18 21:03
KPYee

Re:

Bill Schnoebelen said in his book "Blood at the Doorpost" that he has great success in deliverance ministry because he uses KJV. When he quotes from modern translation the demons are not troubled. He cites missionaries who have similar experiences. So they sent back the modern translations to their sponsors with the request they be replaced by the KJV. Perhaps there is something more in the KJV that's not in the modern translations

2014/3/18 21:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
by HezWelling on 2014/3/18 21:03:33

Fred Phelps is dying and you all want to have a Bible Translation dust-up?

Yay!!! been a long time.......gotta get somebody to take the bait though.

I'm sorry, Neil, I don't know him and don't want to be insensitive. Am I supposed to know him.

2014/3/18 21:47
proudpapa

Re:

Fred Phelps is the pastor who headed Westboro Baptist.

2014/3/18 21:52Profile

Re:

Oh, how sad. This is the first time a Christian has ever associated me with Westboro.

Or, are you linking the KJV to people like Phelps? That is even sadder as you are indicting a lot of people past and present that you love.

2014/3/18 22:44

Re:

Neil, this has been a good thread and there is nothing wrong with people giving personal testimonies of how their particular translation has blessed them. I said before that I don't care what anyone reads and I will add that I have no desire to debate about the KJV and won't. That is dead man's land. I do, however enjoy testimonies especially from you regarding the ESV. And no, I am not offended by your remark concerning Phelps. You are always quick to be contrite and I am sure you are praying for his soul.

2014/3/18 23:23
a-servant

Re:

by KPYee on 2014/3/18 18:25:17

Bill Schnoebelen said in his book "Blood at the Doorpost" that he has great success in deliverance ministry because he uses KJV. When he quotes from modern translation the demons are not troubled. He cites missionaries who have similar experiences. So they sent back the modern translations to their sponsors with the request they be replaced by the KJV. Perhaps there is something more in the KJV that's not in the modern translations

Yes you cannot fool demons, they are in fact spiritual in a sense
that they understand what the word of God is. It is written!

Everyone that wants to rationalize that: Please be so kind to yourself
and put it to the test.

Regardless what you think about it, and what you thought previously
about it: Put it to the test. I like to remind you, and we will not laugh,
except for joy once you drive out your first demon. Praise Jesus.

2014/3/19 21:49Profile

Re:

They are also very technical as exemplified in how they altered God's Word to Adam. And, when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. Satan just seems to leave out the good stuff, all the time. Well, he is probably just using his own version.

2014/3/19 21:53
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

come on guys- your reasoning about demons responding better to KJ english is just plain silly. But I admire your relentlessness.

what if the person confronting a demon does not speak english? Is a spanish language bible written in old king james english? even if a KJV bible is translated into spanish things will be lost in the translation. does this mean that a spanish or chinese of hindi speaking person is doomed unless he first learns english and reads the KJV? gee whiz.

I didn't realize that a demon's first language was english. how in the world did they understand Jesus?

2014/3/19 22:08Profile

Re:

Letters and numbers photographed on the wings of butterflies. (it's not the japanese alphabet and its not hebrew or greek)

http://www.butterflyalphabet.com/main/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kjell_Bloch_Sandved

2014/3/19 22:27

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy