SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Winnowing of God's People

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The Winnowing of God's People

Winnowing: it is the process by which the chaff is removed from the grain,or whatever has chaff in it. When I pick up pecans with my pecan picker it does not discriminate - I end up with sticks, leaves in addition to pecans. I will take this load to a large powerful fan, running it and standing before the powerful wind pouring it from one container to another. The wind will blow the debris easily away unless there is something heavy which can be easily removed otherwise. Get the idea?

I sense God is winnowing his people - removing the false shepherds from among his people. Not only them but lay persons as well. He is on a fast track to expose the false believers amongst his children.

It seems as though there is a rash of suicides among clergymen - just yesterday, I think it was, I read another report of a beloved pastor taking the gun to himself, leaving his flock in a shock.

Then you have pastors who get involved with another woman or man and they are defrocked - most of the time temporarily.

Or, there is a push to ordain to the pastorate homos, be they male of female. Or, there are well known clergymen who come out in support of perversion.

And...then you have the faithful who will raise a hue and a cry about these sins who are demonized by the powerful, in effect silencing them. And they are left alone to suffer at the hands of the powerful by marginalizing them.

Persecution? Seems like it is worse coming from the carnal church then from secular folks...

Beloved, let us beware of the tactics of the devil lest we get caught in his snare. Stay close to the WORD and let no one deter you with their fine words, rhetoric and charm. The devil knows the WORD intellectually better then most and he will use it to beguile even the sincere. Whether he will accomplish his goal will depend on how close you live with the Shepherd.

This has been on my heart for some time and the exposure of false believers is accelerating, so do not let it deter you but resolve to not esteem persons who evoke your admiration to an unhealthy level that will cause you to stumble if a revelation would reveal the existence of a wolf. Or, better yet, listen to the red flags the Spirit places in your heart.

God bless.

2014/3/12 11:08Profile
MaryJane

Re: The Winnowing of God's People

Greetings Ginnyrose

This is such an important topic and one I have been considering as well. The one thing you said that really struck me was this "Persecution? Seems like it is worse coming from the carnal church then from secular folks..."

this is so insightful because it really does speak to what the Lord has shown me as well. I do believe persecution will come/is here and it will happen to many by the hands of those in power within the carnal church system. They will attack the true CHURCH with such venom and hatred because they are filled with darkness and want nothing to do with the light. They can not stand to have the light shine on them and expose their true nature, much like the pharisees of old...

God Bless and thank you for sharing.
mj

2014/3/12 11:23Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: The Winnowing of God's People

I groan every time I hear of another falling, and keep a sharp eye on my own spirit that it stay in holy accord. There are many in my circle who know of my claim to committment, who watch my life, who in some measure judge Jesus Christ by what they see and hear from me.

These are entrusted to me, given to me by the Father, that I should faithfully be a demonstration of love, of truth, of holiness, of Jesus to them. They are not mine- but His!

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to Thee O God!

The eyes of the Lord range to and fro about the whole earth seeking those whose hearts are completely His! (2 Chron. 16:9)

2014/3/12 11:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

They will attack the true CHURCH with such venom and hatred because they are filled with darkness and want nothing to do with the light. They can not stand to have the light shine on them and expose their true nature, much like the pharisees of old...

Well said, MaryJane.

Tom, excellent point - people are watching us and you can be sure that if you fail they will see it pronto! But what is more serious is that God sees it as well...how we respond to his chastisement will reveal the spirit that drives us. Humbling yet encouraging because God is not leaving us alone to wallow in our sins.

2014/3/12 11:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy