SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Unreal sales for Driscoll’s Real Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: Unreal sales for Driscoll’s Real Marriage

Is not this more about Satan driving a bigger wedge between those who have the truth ~ true believers ~ and those who need the truth? And he used a "church" to do it. =( How different this is from The Way in the book of Acts.

This is the link to the article on one of the local news channels. There were 69 comment a bit ago. They are so heart breaking.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/210k-in-church-funds-reportedly-used-to-put-pastors-book-on-bestseller-list-249078501.html

2014/3/8 10:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I would add to this thread that there is a temptation for any brethren in public ministry to rely on these things in some measure. I have fallen in this area to rely at times on the arm of the flesh or something that could help from a worldly perspective. Each time I have done so the Lord has met with me quickly to show me the futility and even damage this causes to get materials out.

I am thankful the Lord is keeping SI on the narrow way where God Himself is able to promote His resource to the nations for His glory.

May God keep all His servants from relying on Egypt.

Isaiah 31
King James Version (KJV)
31 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord!

2 Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity.

3 Now the Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses flesh, and not spirit. When the Lord shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and he that is holpen shall fall down, and they all shall fail together.

2014/3/8 12:44Profile
InLove

Re: Unreal sales for Driscoll’s Real Marriage

I'm not saying I support this or not, but a quick question. Is investment a sin? I have read that book and it wasn't the best spiritual book, but had truth in it none the less.

The point being is it wrong to invest money to gain more? I see a lot of shaking heads, but I would be careful here brethren. It's easy to see wrong, but could there be some right?

Just my two sense. I want to be quick to see good and recognize evil where it is, but i'm not so sure we can condemn this so fast.

In Love,
Joe

2014/3/9 1:08Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I do agree brother there are some right ways to make small investments for godly materials. Every single christian book publisher takes even some small step to get the word out about their materials.

What I feel others have had ought against is to invest money purely to get a "status" of new york times best seller and therefore have it "seem" like it is a mainstream book.

The best materials are spread by word of mouth. There is a big difference between book being a best-seller because of its success because of content and a book being a best-seller because money namely $200,000 and a church group of thousands was thrown behind it.

2014/3/9 15:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy