SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Scripturess support the teaching of an eternal hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I would also recommend :

All You Want to Know About Hell: Three Christian Views of God’s Final Solution to the Problem of Sin by Steve Gregg http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401678300/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_L2Jftb0TCWN7Y

2014/3/4 15:56Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Wow, I had no idea that David Servant was an annihalationist like JWs. Very saddened to hear this.

2014/3/4 16:11Profile

Re:

Brothren I ask the same question that our dear sister Enid asked earlier in this thread, "Why is heaven eternal and hell isn't?" You are trying so hard to refute the reality of an eternal hell. You may as well refute reality of an eternal heaven.

In Mat. 25:46 the unrighteous go into eternal punishment while the righteous go into eternal life. Simple observation will show the word eternal being used to the destination of both the unrighteous and the righteous. If you are going to reason that hell is only temporary for the unrighteous then you will have to reason also that heaven is only temporary for the righteous.

Likewise if you're going to say that heaven is eternal for the righteous then you will have to also reason that hell is also eternal for the unrighteous.

You cannot have heaven be eternal and hell temporal and do justice to Matthew 25:46.

Blaine

2014/3/4 16:20

Re:

Quote:
by MrBillPro on 2014/3/4 15:49:17

I found this while searching some scriptures, might order this book.
http://blogs.christianpost.com/guest-views/hell-glorifies-god-20266/

I can definitely understand how hell glorifies God when it comes to the Devil. It glorifies His righteousness and justice and the protectiveness of a Shepherd. The devil is unrepentant and would wreak havoc in heaven and defile it, if allowed to stay. It also glorifies God that those whose father is the devil, are in hell, too.

So, why do we have a difficult time for those who die in their sins? They will die unrepentant. I believe the Scriptures teach that how you die is how you stay. You will be cursing God forever. The character you die in is your character forever. We are only of the character of Christ because Christ lives in us and we have turned to Him in faith. Others who die in their sins are frozen in the character of the Devil (their father the devil).

These will defile heaven.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Frozen in character.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

2014/3/4 16:58
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Oracio wrote:

"Wow, I had no idea that David Servant was an annihalationist like JWs. Very saddened to hear this."

I don't know anything about David Servant, but I checked his website and his statement of faith seems to say he believes in eternal damnation.

But let's say he does believe in annihilationism. Why would that sadden you? Is he no longer a brother? Is he no longer qualified to preach or teach? Is his character somehow besmirched?

2014/3/4 18:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Bear--

How would you respond this this argument:

Eternal punishment for temporal crimes seems unjust even by God's stated standards of justice (an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth). A debt or penalty that takes forever to repay will never be fully repaid, and there can never be any final justice or resolution of the problem of sin in the universe;

The Bible speaks of degrees of punishment of the wicked (e.g. Matt.10:22, 24/ Luke 12:47-48). If all sinners suffer eternally, then all receive equally infinite (not proportionate) punishment.

2014/3/4 18:13Profile

Re:

TMK,

He still would be a brother to me. Many brothers believe in annihilationism. In fact, I know many brothers that believe in some pretty weird things (at least in my estimation) and they probably think I do to, but we all gather around Christ seeking unity, not conformity. The unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

We are conformed to Christ not each other. Based on experience, I can't help but be suspicious of a group where everyone believes the same thing.

2014/3/4 19:34
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Amen to that just-in. It would be pretty boring too.

I love discussing scriptures with other brothers and sisters. what makes it fascinating is that each person sees something a tad differently perhaos because of life experience and perhaps because the way the Holy Spirit has opened a passage to them. we can always learn from each other if we are willing to close our moutfhs and listen.

I also wanted to point something out about me. I have led various Bible studies and taught classes in church etc but i have never taught or argued for anything other than the traditional view of hell. I have been tempted believe me. But this has been my own private journey. My wife is not open to any alternative view. I discuss it here because i view this as a discussion forum.

2014/3/4 22:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy