SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Prosperity Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re: Prosperity Preachers

"Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich. Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband's $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children — all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God..."If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid," Meyer told an audience in Detroit in September. "I'm living now in my reward."

I am studying in the book of Jude at Wednesday Bible study... It is not so sad that she states this, her attitude is prophetic, it is sad she is getting it from so-called believers.

preacher_ish

2005/6/12 13:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

preacher_ish wrote:
"Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich.

Well at least she is giving credit to the right person. :-)

2005/6/12 14:17Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

"Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich."

Which God was she talking about? there is a god of this earth, a god of the air.
I choose the the God of Heaven and of Earth, my god is the God of the word. who has some things to say about women teaching men. I didn't write it I only read it. It's in there, it's in the word of God.
Her reward is here as she has stated.

2005/6/12 15:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

ravin wrote:
who has some things to say about women teaching men.

Can you please post that scripture were it says exacally that, because were just as guilty as the prosperity Preachers, if were adding or subtracting anything from the word.

2005/6/12 15:54Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Here is the Word, as it is written:
I Timothy 2:11-14 - "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach; nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. ForAdam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
Titus 2:3-5 - "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed."
I Peter 3:7 - "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them (wives) according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."
Ephesians 5:22--23 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the LORD. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."
I Timothy 3:1-2 - "This is a true saying, If a MAN desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
"A bishop then must be blameless, THE HUSBAND of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach."

In his word God says husband, not wife of one husband. Truth must not be based on cultural consensus but on the revealed mind of God and his word only.

2005/6/12 16:18Profile
denem7

Orange Park, FL

Re:

in response to the 1st posting:
i agree with the thought that (at times)we need to focus on what is right in the christian life rather than pointing fingers at the wrong that others are presenting....BUT.....i think that we need to point out the wrong also. if we don't point out the wrong , then careless people will follow these "wolves in sheeps clothing". we, sometimes, must show people the erroneous doctrine that they follow. why? because we love them enough to set them on the correct pathway.
dennis

2005/6/12 16:53Profile
Yehuda

Dallas, Texas

Re: Prosperity Preachers

Mr. Bill Pro wrote:

Ok, can someone please give me one pastors name that does not teach prosperity to some extent, just one. If your pastor is not teaching some sort of prosperity, I would be finding a new home.

My Response:

May we be careful that we aren't just looking for someone to just tell us what we want to hear. (smiling)

God has promised us as personally as individuals to supply our needs, but He has not promised us material wealth.

This that I am now about to share has need to be taken in context with my last post.

Firstly, I believe you may have missed the point that I was trying to make in my last post.

The principle applys all right, but the formula does not! (smiling)

Perhaps it may help if you were to carefully re-read what I unfolded from scripture about that again in my last post, and you may begin to come to see this all the more.

What needs to be rejected is the transfer of principles which affect nations to individuals, that is the teaching that has need to be rejected. Because it's not scriptural.

Jesus said "the Son of Man had no place to lay His Head" and "a servant is not above his master."

The Apostle Paul's life often became so difficult that he despaired of it.

Yet these prosperity preachers present a different message to that of the Lord Jesus and the apostle Paul.

Moreover, Job was one example of a faithful man who suffered despite his faithfulness, in fact, because of it.

The biblical principles of wealth and blessing can only be applied nationally (this I pointed out in scripture in my last post), but not to us as individuals personally.

Jake

2005/6/12 18:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

So would this kind of message bring in the lost sheep better? one that say's you are to be the tail and not the head, God only wants you to get to know him and his word he does not want you to have anything more, He wants you to stay beat down and he does not want you to prosper, He loves you but you can get by with just what you have, Don't depend on God to help you with anything but your salvation, after that any prosperity is not needed or will be accepted by God, please come into our Church we will show you how to be content with just what you have even if your blanket is under a bridge, because if your there that is probably were God wants you,after all, all things happen for the good if you love the Lord so hang in there we will get you a coleman stove and some hamburger meat soon. At this Church we refuse to preach any prosperity it is wrong to expect that period! what kind of God do you think we serve here? If God wants you to have a home he will drop it out of Heaven on 5 acres for you he sure would not want you to prosper at your job to be able to afford one, so ya'll come and we will show you just how the Lord wants you to live without any prosperity this is the Church of contentment, will the person that parked there bicycle in the in the parking lot please move to behind the Church we don't want folks out there to think we might be preaching prosperity here we want to be different and live in contentment, after all this is the "Church Of Contentment" :-P

2005/6/12 19:18Profile
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re: Wolves in sheeps clothing

The quote from Joyce Meyer comes from the deadpreacher's post on false teachers. The quote that "God has made her rich" came from her.

preacher_ish

2005/6/12 19:50Profile
denem7

Orange Park, FL

Re:

....so the gospel needs to be "spiced up" so it will sell better? that's not the way to bring the lost sheep in. the gospel DOES have verses where God wants the best for us (e.g. health, wealth, etc.) but it also has verses that say 1) we are to take up our cross daily and follow Him. (taking up the cross is a symbol of death. we are to die to our flesh) 2) we are to love Him more than our sister, brother, mother, and father 3) we are to deny ourselves(the first will be last and the last will be first).

the way for the lost to be saved is not in enticing them with the health and wealth gospel but in helping them recognize their spiritual wretchedness and helping them to recognize that they're evil and we need God to come in and clean us.

besides, health and wealth just doesn't come to EVERY child of God (no matter how obediant we are).

dennis :-)

2005/6/12 21:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy