SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Prosperity Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
deadpreacher

Prosperity Preachers

WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ . . . (2 Corinthians 11:13).

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect (Matthew 24:24).

David Ravenhill said "I’m convinced that the carnal, cunning, conniving, crooked crooks that Jesus drove out of the Temple are still among us today. These modern day moneychangers are forever devising new and deceptive doctrines to defraud God’s people out of His/their money. These masters of deceit have now set up their changing tables throughout the Christian television industry." "Modern Day Money Changers" found at: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=13686

Today there are many prosperity preachers. While I normally do not comment on other peoples "ministries" I thought these articles were rather note worthy. I know very well that posting this could cause a bit of an uproar.

Joyce Meyers: http://www.myfortress.org/JoyceMeyer.html

Kenneth Copeland: http://www.myfortress.org/KennethCopeland.html

Jesse Duplantis: http://www.myfortress.org/JesseDuplantis.html

Creflo Dollar: http://www.myfortress.org/CrefloDollar.html

Here is just one section of the Joyce Meyers article about her money habits. I wonder what she would have thought of the Apostle Peter who said in the book of Acts "Silver and Gold have I none." Or Jesus who said "The Son of Man has no where to lay his head." :

"Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich. Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband's $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children — all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God..."If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid," Meyer told an audience in Detroit in September. "I'm living now in my reward."

Meyer is fond of nice things and is willing to spend for them. From an $11,000 French clock in the ministry's Fenton headquarters to a $105,000 Crownline boat docked behind her vacation home at Lake of the Ozarks, it's clear her tastes run more to Perrier than to tap water.

The building is decorated with religious paintings and sculptures, and quality furniture. Much of it, Meyer says, she selected herself.

A Jefferson County assessor's list offers a glimpse into the value of many of the items: a $19,000 pair of Dresden vases, six French crystal vases bought for $18,500, an $8,000 Dresden porcelain depicting the Nativity, two $5,800 curio cabinets, a $5,700 porcelain of the Crucifixion, a pair of German porcelain vases bought for $5,200.

The decor includes a $30,000 malachite round table, a $23,000 marble-topped antique commode, a $14,000 custom office bookcase, a $7,000 Stations of the Cross in Dresden porcelain, a $6,300 eagle sculpture on a pedestal, another eagle made of silver bought for $5,000, and numerous paintings purchased for $1,000 to $4,000 each.

Inside Meyer's private office suite sit a conference table and 18 chairs bought for $49,000. The woodwork in the offices of Meyer and her husband cost the ministry $44,000.

Meyer drives the ministry's 2002 Lexus SC sports car with a retractable top, valued at $53,000. Her son Dan, 25, drives the ministry's 2001 Lexus sedan, with a value of $46,000. Meyer's husband drives his Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG sedan.

"My husband just likes cars," Meyer said. The Meyers keep the ministry's Canadair CL-600 Challenger jet, which Joyce Meyer says is worth $10 million, at Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield. The ministry employs two full-time pilots to fly the Meyers to conferences around the world.

Security is important to Meyer, who says she has received death threats. She has a division of the ministry dedicated to her safety. Her officers wear pistols; they guard the headquarters' front gate, keeping out anyone but employees and invited guests.

The ministry bought a $145,000 house where the security chief lives rent-free to keep him close to the ministry's headquarters.

Since 1999, the ministry has spent at least $4 million on five homes for Meyer and her four children near Interstate 270 and Gravois Road, St. Louis County records show.

Meyer's house, the largest of the five, is a 10,000-square-foot Cape Cod style estate home with a guest house and a garage that can be independently heated and cooled and can hold up to eight cars. The three-acre property has a large fountain, a gazebo, a private putting green, a pool and a poolhouse where the ministry recently added a $10,000 bathroom."

(Article on Joyce Meyers, 11/15/2003, St. Louis Post Dispatch)

"It's amazing to me how many people are jealous of the car I drive or the house I live in or the size of my ministry...Don't be jealous of the fact that I fly my own airplane...But you know what I've noticed? I've never had anybody who drives a car like mine be jealous of my car. I've never had any other minister who has an airplane be jealous of my airplane. So you know we're really not mad at what other people have, we're mad because we don't have it!"

(Joyce Meyer, "Mind, Mouth, Moods, and Attitudes," tape 2 of 4 the "Mouth")

"Oh, shut up! I mean there is not a one of you sitting out there today if you were in full time ministry and you had an opportunity to have your own airplane rather than flying around commercial all of the time that you wouldn't have one too. We are only jealous because we don't have what other people have! And it's a rotten thing on the inside of us that God wants to get out."

(Joyce Meyer, "Mind, Mouth, Moods, and Attitudes," tape 2 of 4 the "Mouth")

Here is another quote from David Ravenhills article "Modern Day Money Changers:

"Stop pandering to these moneychangers. These men and women live like kings while spending your money to buy mansions and jets for themselves. They dine in the finest restaurants, wear the latest designer fashions and then have the audacity to tell you that you can live the same way as long as you give to their ministry.
I opened my Bible the other day to Zechariah’s wonderful prophecy concerning the first coming of Jesus, our great and glorious King. Listen to his words; ‘Behold your King is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt the foal of a donkey.’( Zechariah 9:9 ) What a far cry from the televangelist who comes high and mighty and traveling on his own jet!
If you are as sick and tired as I am about this waste of God’s money, then for heaven’s sake STOP SUPPORTING THESE PEOPLE. Give your money to your local church. There are tens of thousands of needy missionaries who barely have enough support to keep themselves alive. They are laboring long and hard under some of the most difficult and trying conditions. They would rejoice at the thought of an extra $10-30 dollars a month support. These are the real heroes of whom the world is not worthy. Help put these MONEY LOVING TELEVANGELISTS OUT OF BUSINESS and SAVE ANOTHER MISSIONARY FROM EXTINCTION."

Dead while living
R. W. C.

2005/4/6 12:16Profile
moreofHim

Re: Prosperity Preachers

Though I agree with much that is written here- I would hope that on this forum we might discuss how we can become more Christ-like, not how others are becoming LESS Christ-like.

I know I have posted on something similar in the past- and I may tend to look at other's faults and everything that is wrong in christendom today (and there is MUCH!) But i am not responsible for them, I am responsible for ME and making sure I am walking the walk. That i am shining the light. That i am not shaming the name of Jesus in any way.

Though it is good to have discernment (and we will the more Christ-like we become)Maybe we should concentrate more on where we are lacking and start with ourselves first.

(not to mention that we have already discussed this topic many times :)

Just a thought :)

Surrendered to Him, chanin

2005/4/6 12:25Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Though it is good to have discernment (and we will the more Christ-like we become)Maybe we should concentrate more on where we are lacking and start with ourselves first.

Reminds me of something I read somewhere about a mote and a beam....hmmmmmm ;-)

In Christ,

Ron

2005/4/6 12:28Profile
earnestlycontend

Flinstone, GA

Re:

Hey deadpreacher,

Thanks for the post. Is all that true about Joyce Meyer? Is there any way to verify it?

Do you think these verses apply?

1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

2005/4/6 12:52Profile
jeremyhulsey

Hi R.W.C. a.k.a. deadpreacher,

I certainly am in agreement with you on the condition of prosperity preachers. However, I tend to be more concerned with the content of their message than the content of their homes. Now about how they attained their goods certainly is mentioned in the bible--robbing widows and orphans..etc.

I did like your last paragraph though. I would hope and I do believe that you are praying for the salvation of these ministers of a false gospel.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/4/6 12:53Profile

Quote:
We are only jealous because we don't have what other people have! - Joyce Meyer

She certainly has a way of pointing out the obvious. That statement is about as redundant as can be.

Krispy

2005/4/6 13:09
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Though I agree with much that is written here- I would hope that on this forum we might discuss how we can become more Christ-like, not how others are becoming LESS Christ-like.

Chanin, I fully agree with this statement and this needs to be our focus. God is jealous after us and He wants us to be conformed into the image of His dear Son. When we start to look at others we get depressed and sad because there is much distortion and confusion, but when we look to Jesus what joy and perfection in His presence.

There is a time to lead into all truth but that is a slow process of the Holy Spirit, I do think there are times to expose and reveal things.. but instead of our words doing that .. sometimes our own teaching and life can. We are called to be lights in the darkness. If we just seek the Lord and truly represent Him then others will see that and glorify our God in heaven.

I have been quite convicted by name calling in the past and God is showing me like I believe He is Chanin to seek Him and if He does desire to speak through us directly against an individual then I want it to [b]be[/b] God and not myself.

Thanks Chanin for that post.

2005/4/6 13:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
When we start to look at others we get depressed and sad because there is much distortion and confusion, but when we look to Jesus what joy and perfection in His presence.

Greg, this is so true! maybe not in all of us because I have overcome that, but my wife has not as of yet, but I keep Praying for her to release this to the Lord.

2005/4/6 14:41Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Having no intimate knowledge of these folk, all I can say is WOW! If that is true, it is amazing, half way through the article my mouth droped open. No wonder some of members are a bit cynical about them. America is to big, and has to much money.

2005/4/6 14:46Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:

I agree with you Chanin. The thought has accured to me many times in my line of work that it doesn't take a degree in medicine to diagnos a cold or fever sometimes even cancer--nearly anyone can point out the problem--it does however take some effort to fix it. I'm reminded of Neh. when the men of Judah and his brothers came and told him the walls where all destroyed. They all wept over it, but we read that only 1 got up and did something about it--he talked to the king of kings. May we all strive to do something about it by talking about these people. . .to out Great King.

2005/4/6 15:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy