SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wisdom required for a matter of submission.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
onemite

Re:

I heard something that I needed to hear in this video.
One small phrase lit it all up for me. Now may the love of Christ compel me as I look for ways to put it to practice.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=3641

2014/2/25 15:11Profile
Sree

Re:

I would suggest you to read 1 Sam 25, the story of Abigail. She had an unbelieving husband as well. She secretly helped God's servant David. There are answers to some of your questions in that book. The answers that you get from God directly based on a women who went through the same troubles as you go will produce life inside you.

In a world were women submission to husband is seen as a crime, it is refreshing to see your desire to honor the authority that God has placed over you. Submission to authority is the first step towards Godliness. Jesus submitted to his imperfect parents in his childhood that was cherished by his mother. It was this life of submission that Jesus had that was well pleasing to his father during his baptism.

Regarding wearing Jewels, it was a question in my wife's mind as well. I told her that she looks beautiful to me and will be the wife of my youth without any jewels. But it is her decision to wear or remove them. My only Godly advice to her was to see to it that the jewels should never become her identity.

1 Cor 7-14, says a wonderful promise that an unbelieving Husband is sanctified by a believing wife. By faith you can proclaim this promise.

2014/2/26 0:39Profile
onemite

Re:

Yes, yes indeed the account of Abigail is beautiful.
I'm going to hold that one close to my heart. What a rich chapter for me!

Thank you.

2014/2/26 21:57Profile
Jeremy221

Re: 1 Timothy 2:9-10

1 Timothy 2:9-10 KJV
[9] In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; [10] But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

I want to apologize regarding some of the things I implied earlier in the reference to Ezekiel and the parable concerning the way God shared His glory and goodness on Israel. I believe it could be misunderstood to dress in flashy, worldly manner. The reality of the glory and wealth of the husband being poured on his wife can be a good, Giod given thing present in your own marriage. But if the biblically mandated adornment of the above and mirrored in 1 Peter 3 is a clear command in Scripture then we have to go that way and count the cost. I pray that you will count the cost and then abound in good works as the holy women of old to the glory of God.

I ask your forgiveness sister and that of othe others who have read these public comments.

2015/2/10 8:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Wisdom required for a matter of submission.

Onemite,

You are asking a lot of questions and I think I understand...

You wrote about the sharing of funds against your husband's wishes. I believe there is a fine line to be drawn between being an "Abigail" or being rebellious.

Let us take a look at the many who are out there soliciting for funds. Many appeal to the emotions, prey upon your guilt all for the reason to feather their nest. Then there are those who are legitimate who deserve your contributions. Among all these deserving ministries how can one assist and still submit to ones spouse who is not inclined to share?

Males seem to have an uncanny insight to who may be worthy of your donation - are they charlatans or genuine? Even if genuine, they may not feel inclined to support them.

Personally, I cringe at the ministries we have shared with in the past who have gone on to apostatize. Were we not listening to the Holy Spirit when we shared? Or, how about the ministries we appreciate? Onemite, I have been burned one time too often where today I am extremely cautious. The last thing I want to do is encourage anyone who persists is living in disobedience to the LORD.

This does not answer your question very well, does it? Maybe it will give you something to think about that will take you where you need to be.

God bless.

2015/2/12 12:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Wisdom required for a matter of submission.

One mite, I reread your post again...

Caring for an obvious outward sinner is looked upon with contempt.

One question to consider here: how ministries who work to help the "outward sinner" rely on psychology to fix what is wrong? It just may be that this is not where God wants you to share, anyways. How many 'poor' people out there are not but are putting on an act? Scripture tells one to work...

I suspect your husband may be giving you a few guidelines that are worthy of consideration.

Sandra

2015/2/12 12:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy