SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : PRAY FOR SALVATION FOR DYING AUNT

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

PRAY FOR SALVATION FOR DYING AUNT

I am asking prayer because I am desperate for the soul of my very special Aunt Marty. I am going to try to share with her about Jesus at 9:30am tomorrow. She is 85 y/o and on hospice and in her last days with cancer which is affecting her brain. She is Catholic. My life has spoken to her for many, many years. She knows my family is "different"...I have tried several times to share my faith to no avail. She believes she is fine, but I do not believe she is saved. She has told a relative that she is dying and she is scared. Please beg God for her soul with me, and pray that the Holy Spirit would be powerful as I meet with her tomorrow. I don't know how much she is able to understand anymore, but we are to come to Jesus as a child....thank you so much!

2014/2/20 20:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: PRAY FOR SALVATION FOR DYING AUNT

Quote:
I am going to try to share with her about Jesus at 9:30am tomorrow.

We trust some on SI will pray. One soul is precious to God.

2014/2/20 21:12Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re: PRAY FOR SALVATION FOR DYING AUNT

My family and I will be praying for your aunt Marty and for you as well. May God bless you and give you an anointing for when you speak to your aunt. I know God will be with you, sister.

2014/2/20 21:24Profile
mama27

Re:

I am very grateful - thank you!

2014/2/20 23:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I am praying dear mama!

2014/2/21 3:07Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you so much to all who prayed! I wish I had a glowing testimony, but I do not. I am glad I was "prayed up" b/c there was obvious opposition. I was able to talk about dying and being scared and to give the gospel, but I don't know how much or just what she understood. The only glimmer I had that "maybe" she has given her heart to the Lord was when she said, "Not to worry - He's always there"....I prayed with her after sharing, and again as I was leaving. So I have peace that I did what I could. She knew me and called me by name when I arrived, but after 2 hours had passed and I was leaving, she was trying to figure out who I was. She means the world to me, and I am touched at anyone who would pray. If the Lord brings her to your mind, would you pls continue to pray that the Holy Spirit gets thru to her either in her need for the Savior, or in comfort that she is almost Home. Thank you so much!

2014/2/21 15:02Profile
mama27

Re:

My aunt has gone into eternity....I do not know where she is, but I have peace in knowing I shared Jesus with her and sat with her for 3 days at her bedside. Thank you to those who prayed. I know we have a loving God Who hears the prayers of His children and is not willing that any should perish....

2014/3/1 1:45Profile
yuehan

Re:

My condolences, mama27. You being there for your aunt in her final days, I trust God ministered to her through you in ways which we might not even be aware of. And even in the midst of sickness, she could have well seen the face of Christ in all that you did...

May the God of all comfort be your refuge during this time, and that you continue to trust Him whose name is LOVE.

2014/3/2 11:17Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you so much, Yuehan...I believe my aunt's 2 children and their spouses saw a difference in me, so I am praising God for that. All they know is a cold, ritualistic, Catholic "religion"....I am troubled in that I do not know if my aunt ever received Christ. But I had asked MANY to pray, and I witnessed to her several times, even when she was in a coma and non-responsive. I could have done nothing more - it is ALL of GOD....still, I'd like to have known....

2014/3/2 13:28Profile
mama27

Re:

There are so many needs that I hesitate to ask again for prayer...I am asking prayer for my children - we will be at a wake tomorrow for my aunt, and a Catholic funeral mass on Thursday morning. They loved her like a grandmother. Some of mine are not saved - I am begging God that they would not see this as just an "event" but that God would use the death of this very special one to PUT ETERNITY BEFORE THEIR EYES....the enemy would like them to think, "Oh, she was just old...old people die"....If you are able, can you please pray that God would use this to cause them to think about eternity....thank you so much! (And I thank you again, for anyone who prayed for the salvation of my aunt!)

2014/3/4 20:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy