SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : anyone read the Prophesy of Ezekiel lately?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Ginnyrose

you wrote:

"Neil, does this not prove the timelessness, inspiration of the WORD? These words have ministered to people ever since they were recorded. Now, there is no other piece of literature that has this power. Awesome!"

Utterly!......and MORE than "literature"...its a LIVING Word...as Paul said "dividing soul and spirit"...."two edged sword"...the only time of the day I feel....whole/shalom is the predawn, alone with the Word, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

then the day comes......and I hear things, or the world intrudes....and then I mourn,grieve.....have you noticed all the wars, and violence spreading?

moving so fast, coldness and cruelty multiplying.

Now "evangelism" in the modern context is fine, I bless every earnest soul that trys to talk outsider's into the Green Sheepfold of Messiah.....but as I see it, you CANT talk, or persuade someone into making a 'decision".....then say the "sinner's prayer"....and suddenly they are born again, or born from above,(another way to translate the words in the Nicodemus encounter.)

To be called....a lot of people call this "predestination", but I say, many times God calls, and people ignore, or don't want to hear the call.

OR, they DO hear a "call", but it isn't from God....maybe its a call from the devil...or their organs, lusts...or from the various sickness's of the heart, violence, greed, hatred, et al.

but to hear the Call from God, like Abram....and BELIEVE..Our thankfulness should be so TOTAL, that it leads us into a lifelong Road of Humility..."LORD, you called ME?!?".....and you gave me a spirit of listening?"

that's where the Pharisees then and the neo-Pharisees Now have gone so radically astray...what should be total thankfulness and ensuing humility, has led them into superiority, and religious pride.

That's folly, because the Blood they are under is NOT theirs, and It is ONLY Messiah's Blood, that covers all of our various sins, one of the most insidious being religious pride.....much like that ancient prayer of the Pharisee, "I thank God i'm not like one of THEM", whilst the chastened humbled tax collector didn't even DARE look to Heaven, when he asked for mercy.

We must be a peculiar people...and that's hard, we bear the lineage of Adam...so then we must seek Jesus revealed to us, and must seek Jesus living in us. (i'm not preaching or lecturing you, my precious sister, i'm just speaking my heart)

What kind of peculiar people?.....weird to be weird? bizarre to be bizarre?....just for the sake of it?....no, that again is pride, coz its a "look at me" thing....

no, a peculiar people full of Love, God's love....and humble, full of faith, full of good works (oh no, I used the "works" word!) a good work is a hug to a broken soul, whispering the Words of God in their ear....an ear which might be filthy and smell bad.

but to be a peculiar people, we, who should know better, should stop tearing each other apart with dubious disagreements over that dash or this iota....to be a peculiar people, we should fly in the face of putting up a front, and be authentic and REAL..in the light of Messiah IN you....winsome and loving..instead of this all too familiar front of "churchianity" and "christianese" with all of its '-ism's' and 'ists'.

That's fine for 'ten shekel and a shirt' priest/pastors, and it might fool some of the people all the time....but not all are fooled, especially God.

do you think Lot hung around Sodom, trying to pass anti-sodomite legislation?

no....he left as quick as he could...fire was coming down.

Did Jeremiah stand in the valley of Hinnom with signs decrying infanticide?....NO, he spoke the Words of the LORD, that all who did this, would have their dead bodies devoured by the birds of the air....The LORD was so shocked by the horror of parents throwing their own babies
into the fire to appease some filthy pagan god, who is no god, The LORD said, "its didn't even come to my mind to do such a thing!"....and to shock the LORD, Master of the Universe.....it has to be SOMETHING ULTRA FOUL AND EVIL....

and here, JUST in America, 50 million babies dead....and we oorah about how awesome great America is?....and how does that stack up with the phony wars since 1947 this country has been involved in to support some cooperative whore dictator, so American Banana, or GE could ramp their profits..all these phony wars for money, how many precious little ones died?...or their parents, grandparents....just so the princes of this land could eat rich food, and make merry on the dead bodies of 'who cares'?

and we think that sin is hidden from the LORD?...or that He "buys" this LIE of "American exceptionalism"?..or that the liars that say "Lord, Lord", blather on about how America is a "Judeo-Christian" nation, don't convict themselves by saying that, while doing global murder FOR GOLD?

So, we be a peculiar people by speaking the WHOLE TRUTH of the LORD, just as those 15 prophets of Ancient doomed Kingdom of Israel did...and we be a peculiar people by making all envious of this Great Salvation....sins covered, the bondage of the fear of death gone, the Holy Counsel of God the Holy Spirit in us....and covering all that .....Love.

fore.....

"By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world."

2014/2/20 21:14

Re: Ginnyrose

We are sojourning in a world thst hates our Lord and Savior.

Many are called but few are chosen. Few are chosen because many are unwilling to say "yes" to the Savior's call.

2014/2/20 21:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy