SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Church of Wells

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I am familiar with a couple of the young men in question and in fact spent several hours with one of them trying to reach him. I stand with bro Greg and the others on this issue.............. bro Frank

2014/2/19 8:47
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This is from: http://www.newswithviews.com/Roth/laurie414.htm

=====

Witnesses have said that now Church members are being constantly flooded with ‘martyrdom’ sermons. They are told that they will be martyred for Christ and that when the evil pressure and heat builds big enough they will go into one of their homes together and go up in a holy fire.’ Now, they are training the members to expect death and be ready to follow orders. They are the ‘godly persecuted ones,’ Is the Jim Jones saga closer than we realize?

Church members reading this…NOW is the time to WAKE UP. Whether you understand everything that is happening to you or not -- GET OUT. Even if you don’t trust yourself anymore, trust me then – GET OUT. It is time to leave and get back on the REAL track with the Lord Jesus, your life and family. Go somewhere in Wells and call the number below. Don’t announce it just do it. Someone will get back to you and get you out. Or, email us and someone will get back to you with a safe exit plan. Do it!

Call: 206-984-6859
Email: [email protected]

2014/2/19 12:08Profile

Re:

Are we seeing a repeat of the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas?.

2014/2/19 13:17
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

This quite an eye opener for me, having never heard about this group and maybe there is someyhing for all of us to learn about the dangers of deception that can easily overtake the most unlikely people.....

What I mean is, these guys seem to have been known by and involved with many on SI or related ministries at some point in the past and had a zeal for being wholeheartedly for the Lord. Yet they have ended up seperating themselves and falling into deception.

Many of us can look at the current state of western Christianity, see the apostasy and even call for a remnant to come apart from this and seek the Lord in true gatherings. I have such a heart, but here can be the danger if we do not judge our hearts correctly. Such a desire and such zeal if we are not careful and open to correction can lead to spiritual pride and setting ourselves above others.

This sort of deception does not happen all at once, it is a gradual thing. I would guess that they probably started of with a godly desire and right spirit, but gradually wrong issues, thoughts, emotions etc were allowed to become established in the heart and before you know it deception is taking hold and then you become the one deceiving others.

I do pray that eyes will be opened here and that they will receive godly correction before it is too late.
May God keep us all from self deception of any type and help us to remain humble and depending on Him, realising that we do not yet possess all truth and can still need to be shown where we have missed it in some area.

2014/2/19 13:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

When we are young in the faith we need to use extreme caution when listening to men like Ravenhill, Keith Daniel, Washer, Barnard. The reason for this is because these men are mature and often speak of things that are very advanced in Christianity. When concepts such as zealous separation and holiness and sanctification and extreme prayer and fasting are put forth, these (although good in themselves), can be filtered wrongly by a young zealot and ultimately used for destruction rather than life.

This is what happens when young, zealous believers do not allow themselves to be properly "discipled" in a Paul-Timothy fashion, but rather hit the preaching fields and pulpits like maverick fireballs. Many Pastors (well-meaning) can be unloving in actually allowing them soapboxes, disregarding Paul's warning in permitting unproven novices a place in ministry.

There is a reason for this: Look at the harm that comes when the poisoned fruit tree finally ripens. They not only destroy themselves, but many others who unsuspectingly come under the shade to find sanctuary and food. It is the inverse effect of coming under a "good tree"; i.e. many are blessed and fed. Good trees take time to grow, with lots of pruning and long, oftentimes hard seasons. Bad trees, like weeds, shoot up right away with brilliant colors and berries. They attract a lot of attention, and they seem healthy and productive. But without the tedious pruning shears of wisdom, patience and pain they instead become trees of destruction.

2014/2/19 13:56Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Yes - but!

Yes, I agree with Paul that there is evidence here of lack of discipleship - BUT!

This is an example of giving a "novice" a place that they were not ready for.

I was at the SI conference where the founders of this group were given opportunity to share. I expressed my concerns that very conference to several.

Greg Gordon was not at this particular conference, but I spoke with him about my concerns.

Older brothers must take some responsibility for failing to see the danger these young novice where placed in.

May we all learn - "do not hastily lay hands upon anyone".

Hindsight is always 20/20 but these young men traveled with older, well known, highly respected brothers.

Spirit guided insight and foresight must be received so as to not place a novice in a position where he can become puffed up and fall into the same condemnation as the devil.
makrothumia

2014/2/19 14:22Profile
SonsofLevi

Richmond, Va. USA

Re:

I had never heard of this before but in seeing this thread I checked into it a little, immediately sensing in my spirit that it is just another of man's attempts to organize or systematize a New Testament Church. Shortly after checking out their website I saw this in today's reading in "Open Windows" by T. Austin-Sparks.

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (Ephesians 4:3 NIV)

The new creation is a company, it is a Body indwelt by the Holy Spirit, actuated by the Holy Spirit, actually made one by the Holy Spirit. “In one Spirit were we all baptized into one body” (1 Cor. 12:13). The oneness is the oneness of the Holy Spirit. “Giving diligence to keep the unity of the Spirit” (Eph. 4:3), not to make it but to keep it. A new creation.

Well now, of course that is just the key that opens the door to everything when you see what new creation Life means. And with that you introduce the whole matter of the proper order, the proper regulated order of heavenly Life. Heavenly Life is according to heavenly law. It is not lawless. Each member of this body is not a law unto himself or herself. We are bound by this integrating, regulating law, that we are not allowed to be independent. Here the Holy Spirit forbids it. We are not allowed to take the law into our own hands. We are not allowed to act as individuals; the Holy Spirit will not allow it. There is a regulating order with this Life. This Life expresses itself according to its own laws, as life does in every part of the organic creation. It follows its own lines. That part of the creation follows the laws of the life which it possesses, and this is the Life of the Spirit, and you have not to organize or systematize this. Immediately you begin to do i t, you bring death in. It is as fatal to try and make a New Testament church after the New Testament pattern as it is to have no pattern at all! It can be deathly to do that. The thing happens if the Life has its way. We have learned this, yet, much as we know about the truth, we are still so much governed by our own natural life, even in our spiritual activities. There is disorder and running before the Spirit. However, we are all in the school, and we are just stating the laws, the principles and the truth that here you have no need to go and organize something on a New Testament basis. It will come about if the Holy Spirit is really having His way in terms of Life.

2014/2/19 14:43Profile

Re:

The very first time I met one of those young men I was deeply disturbed as were the rest of the men of God that were with me. This was in 2009. I spent almost four hours trying to break through to this kid but I believed him to be deeply disturbed and he accepted none of us as genuine brothers. Very sad...........bro Frank

2014/2/19 14:52
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

The very first time I met one of those young men I was deeply disturbed as were the rest of the men of God that were with me. This was in 2009. I spent almost four hours trying to break through to this kid but I believed him to be deeply disturbed and he accepted none of us as genuine brothers. Very sad...........bro Frank

I echo brother Frank's sentiments here that there is a spiritual delusion over them and pride. They are not trying to start a church but control people and justify themselves. I would strongly caution anyone to visit this church in wells or try to interact with them. If you know of people who have gone out to them do warn them of this group. Many well known godly men are starting to warn saints of this group.

2014/2/19 15:17Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Older brothers must take some responsibility for failing to see the danger these young novice where placed in.

May we all learn - "do not hastily lay hands upon anyone".

Brother, yes after they spoke at that event I felt to ask them to come with me to the other conferences (not to speak) in the UK. 2 of them came: Sean Morris and Ryan Ringnald. They were accepting of me at first and were enamoured with traveling with me etc because I ran SermonIndex. In the end they dis-fellowshipped me because I strongly confronted many things in their beliefs. I had a first-hand witness of how they dealt with people to try and systematically un-save them and show them they are unsaved so they can preach their own gospel to have them saved "under them".

Sadly an elder brother and others in a fellowship had their children inter-marry with some of the leaders. This has caused great heart-ache because now those family members are not associating at all with their families and calling them all unsaved.

So brother I feel they had a long history of many times being asked to share in meetings and given "platforms" to propagate their messages. I know many of these elder brothers in different places that allowed this and regret it. But in the end even if they were not given small times to share in churches and assemblies they still would have continued on the path they are on.

I believe they were always self-appointed. And were quick to dismiss ALL of Christendom as false and they know only 20 or so people who were saved in Church history. Such thinking is erroneous and full of pride and error.

I do agree with you brother "do not hastily lay hands upon anyone". May we encourage younger brethren to learn to submit to authority, be teaching, humble and not seek a place above other brethren especially by force.

May we all pray for these young men that they would be humbled by the Lord in His grace.

2014/2/19 15:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy