Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : RC Sproul

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
-David

Re:

revivaltheology said:
"Sproul is a strict five-point Calvinist. In other words, if one ends up in hell or hell, it is only because God willed it, and for that reason alone."

This is true, Sproul does believe in double predestination as do most strict Calvinists. However to be fair I don't believe they teach God "forces" one to hell, they believe God does not interfere with the "will" of the reprobate as He does with the elect. So while the non-elect goes to hell it is not because God forces their hand, it is because God does not force their hand. I personally am not Calvinist nor Arminian but I do enjoy listening to R.C. Sproul and would highly recommend him aside from the double predestination. If someone believes in the election of God then they at some time sooner or later must deal with the issue of double predestination, if they feel they need to be in full possession of all answers concerning the Sovereignty of God then I would say there is no logical way around holding to double predestination, the only way to not hold to it would be to hold to Arminianism or to leave it as a mystery as far as human reasoning in the hands of a just God. With my finite sinful mind I must chose to leave it a mystery...

-David

2004/1/17 14:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy your argument that Calvin was some kind of shining star in the evangelical firmament, so to speak.

John (revivaltheology), If from my comments you think I was coming to that conclusion you are wrong, please re-read my post. I state some things that I believe go beyond just talking about a man. Let us look at ourselves in light of this all, Lord shine your light on our souls. I am not trying to esteem him beyond and out of proportion, but compared to you and me brother he was a light shining in a dark place. My light grows stronger as I come closer to Christ the true light that comes from heaven.

2004/1/17 16:18Profile
revivaltheology

Re:

Ummm. I have never had anyone burned at the stake for "heresy," much less had [b]dozens[/b] of people put to death unjustly. I don't think you have either. Any true Christian is better than Calvin, for the Bible says no murderer hath eternal life dwelling in him.

If David Wilkerson used his influence to have his critics silenced and even killed, that [b]wouldn't[/b] matter to you?

2004/1/18 19:16Profile
-David

Re:

revivaltheology said:
"Any true Christian is better than Calvin, for the Bible says no murderer hath eternal life dwelling in him."

Then what do we do with the Biblical account of David? He murdered just to cover his own sin, was he a Christian?

-David

2004/1/19 13:42Profile
revivaltheology

Re: David

David repented thoroughly (Psalm 51). Also, David did not live under the New Covenant, which has a higher standard than the Old (see Matt. 5:17-19). There is no historical evidence that John Calvin ever did anything but defend his murderous actions. Paul also persecuted the church, but was not a professing Christian when he did so.

2004/1/27 0:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just to let everyone know I have edited (added to) the 5th and 6th posts that I have made in this thread. I just thought it would be good to clarify what I was trying to say.

I would like to also go on record to say that I am quite ignorant of what it takes to run a large Christian organization. And I know that many resources are being given out for free by Liginoers Ministries. I am sure also if they could give everything out for free they would, but I did feel this is a great venue to pursue that distribution, but as I said they would know better than I. I pray the Lord increases and blesses their ministry and makes it even more fruitful for Christ's Kingdom.

2004/2/28 19:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy