SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Thanks for putting up these fantastic photos, i always feel photos bring things that your praying for alive!
Yolanda, Last night i rang a few friends from church and told them about the prayer cards and i have a list of people willing to pray for both children and staff. A couple of these sisters are real prayer warriors!
Keep us updated,
In His Love Geraldine

2005/5/18 3:18
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

[b]Geraldine[/b]
Awesome! I'm working on them [laughs]! I have about 30 kids to do... and about 6 team leaders and members. I'm sort of a perfectionist... so I'm making sure that I do a good, quality job with accurate, updated information on all the kids. I hope to get the prayer cards done [i]at least[/i] by Friday, but hopefully before.

I am very excited and encouraged that you and your church are praying for us. Thank you very much! It will be exactly a month [i]today[/i] when we'll be going!

[b]Ukraine Photos[/b]
Yesterday I started writing comments for each photo so you know who the people are and a bit of background to make it more personal. I only got about 3 done, but I hope to get more done today, maybe all of them.

[b]Ukranian Visa[/b]
I still haven't figured out my Ukranian visa situation. In my heart, I'm really looking forward to staying in Ukraine the few days after the camp. I really hope we'll get to do sort of a follow up on the kids after camp, seeing them in their real environments. Visiting the church in Belarus would have been exciting... but it doesn't look like that will work out. At this point... it looks like we wouldn't be able to mail our passports in enough time to get a Belorussian visa before we have to leave for our trip. Several people from Calvary Chapel Minsk will be coming down to the camp anyway. So... we'll see how God works things out. I'm looking forward to His plans either way.

2005/5/18 14:39Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Okay! I added comments to ALL the photos! The last one though... I had gone over my characters, and part of my comment got cut off. And then I couldn't find the comment link... so hopefully I'll be able to fix it later.

2005/5/18 15:51Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

[b][u]Financial Provision Update[/u][/b]
I'm entrusting this matter to God in prayer, not lacking in faith. God is providing for me. I've been able to pay off my approximately $1,400 plane ticket. I still need to raise money towards the approximately $800 camp costs and have currently raised about $150 towards that. So I still need to raise about $650 for myself. I was hoping to raise extra support for Greg as he's relying heavily on donations from this site specifically for the Ukraine trip and doesn't know too many people here at Calvary Chapel of Escondido. He has raised about $450 so far. So please keep this matter in your prayers. Thank you.

2005/5/19 17:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thanks for keeping everyone updated Yolanda! God is proving faithful for providing the resources to go on this trip. I am still praying that He will use more brothers and sisters from SI that will share a vision of sharing Jesus with these young kids in Ukraine.

Please pray that God will continue to provide for me. I have possibly 2 website ministry jobs I can do for a church and a radio station that will help cover alot of the costs. It was definetly God that provided these :-)

Yolanda should have a link to the prayer cards up pretty soon in this thread so you can download them and start praying for these wonderful kids that God loves. Please continue to ask questions and also post to show your interest and support.

2005/5/25 12:03Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Yep, here's a link to short stories about 34 street kids' lives in Kyiv, Ukraine and what you could be praying for concerning each one:

[url=http://www.calvarychapel.com/escondido/Prayer Cards.pdf]Street Kids Prayer Cards[/url]

There's also a bit of information about the Ukrainian family that has been ministering to these street kids for several years. Some of the kids I met at the 2004 summer camp, and others I didn't meet who were at the 2004 winter camp. Some of these kids might be at the 2 week camp next month and some won't. We may even meet new kids who aren't covered on these prayer cards.

I plan on also creating prayer cards for a few of us team members going to this camp. I would do a prayer card for each team member if I had information on all of them or if it was confirmed who all was going.

2005/5/25 12:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

You have done a great job with these! I am amazed at how you are allowing God to use you for ministry and for spreading God's kingdom. I made a new thread just for the prayer cards so people can download them and also comment and let us know they are praying for these children!! what a blessing :)

[b]Praying for kids in Ukraine[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5703&forum=16

*I am encouraging people to commit to praying for these kids even just 1 child! see that thread and post a reply to commit to praying.

2005/5/25 17:54Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I went to the thread you started and posted a reply. I also posted people's committments to pray for the kids, us and our mission trip in emails and through comments on my xanga site.

2005/5/25 18:17Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I am [i]so[/i] excited!!! I just got an email with an update on who the team will be made up of, going to the summer camp for street kids in Kyiv, Ukraine in... 16 days (approx 2 1/2 weeks)!!! I will give you guys an update below so you can be praying for us, along with the kids. I do plan on making prayer cards for each of the team members similar to the ones I made for each kid.

[b][u]Ukraine Mission 2005 Team[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Kelly
[b]Country:[/b] United States
[b]Church:[/b] Calvary Chapel of Escondido
[b]Background:[/b] Served at the Winter and Summer Camp 2004. Knows a little bit of Russian. Is the Missions Coordinator for her church.

[b]Name:[/b] Yolanda
[b]Background:[/b] Served at the Summer Camp 2004. Has learned the basics of Russian. Will be working with the older group of kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Greg
[b]Country:[/b] Canada
[b]Background:[/b] Currently staying in the United States for school. The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one he'll serve at. Has learned the basics of Russian. Will be working with the older group of kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Luci
[b]Church:[/b] Central Presbyterian
[b]Background:[/b] The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one she'll serve at. Will be working with the younger group of kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Lynn
[b]Church:[/b] Alexandria Presbyterian
[b]Background:[/b] The Summer Camp 2005 will be the fist one she'll serve at. Still waiting for her Ukrainian visa. Will be working with the younger group of kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Kelsey
[b]Background:[/b] Works with the Children in Crisis Project, a ministry of Radstock, ministering to the street kids in Kyiv, Ukraine. Served at the Winter and Summer Camp 2004 and is one of the Team Leaders. Speaks Russian fluently. Has a good relationship with the kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Kara
[b]Background:[/b] Works with Radstock ministries. The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one she'll serve at. Will be working with the middle age group of kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Rachel
[b]Country:[/b] United Kingdom
[b]Background:[/b] Currently in Kyiv, Ukraine teaching at an international school part time and ministering to the street kids part time. Served at the Winter and Summer Camp 2004. Speaks Russian fluently. Has a good relationship with the kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Sergei
[b]Country:[/b] Belarus
[b]Church:[/b] Calvary Chapel Minsk
[b]Background:[/b] Pastors his church. Served at the Winter and Summer Camp 2004. Will be working with the middle age group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently. Has a good relationship with the kids.

[b]Name:[/b] Sveta
[b]Background:[/b] Pastor's wife. The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one she'll serve at. Will be working with the younger group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently.

[b]Name:[/b] Zhanna
[b]Background:[/b] Served at the Winter Camp 2004. Keeps in touch with the street kids and has a good relationship with them. Will be working with the older group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently.

[b]Name:[/b] Galena
[b]Background:[/b] Served at the Winter and Summer Camp 2004. Will be working with the middle age group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently.

[b]Name:[/b] Lena
[b]Background:[/b] The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one she'll serve at. Will be working with the older group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently.

[b]Name:[/b] Igor
[b]Background:[/b] The Summer Camp 2005 will be the first one he'll serve at. Will be working with the middle age group of kids. Speaks Russian fluently.

2005/6/2 12:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thanks Yolanda, its great to have all of this information to be able to pray better for the staff. God has been preparing mine and Yolanda's heart for this trip and I am praying that it will be an outflow of my daily walk with the Lord. But also I am praying for an extra amount of God's grace to be able to minister to these children. I know God has many good plans and that fruit will be borne to Him.

Please pray about supporting and also praying for the team that is going to Ukraine.

For Gods glory :-)

2005/6/3 14:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy