SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Hour In Which We Live by Rolfe Barnard

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Hour In Which We Live by Rolfe Barnard

The antichrist reigns today in professingly godly, Christian America. The society where we have more "churches" and more "Christians" than any other place at any other time in history, and yet we look more unlike the New Testament than ever before - the Church that Christ shed his blood for! Desperate times surely call for desperate measures. Few will be saved in this generation in which the god of this world, Satan, hath blinded the eyes of the priests and prophets alike, and cast an infernal shade over all the people. O! who will escape this wicked and untoward generation, bent on hell and racing there with both hands taking hold upon the reigns of their lusts in a chariot called "do-what-you-will"?

We live in an hour where the commands of Jesus Christ and the conditions of entering into (and continuing in) discipleship with him are almost altogether excused or explained away. Christ said, "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26), and he did not apologize for it! Christ said again, "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" (Matt. 10:37) - how will you refute the sinless Son of God! It's high time that the professed church of our day stops criticizing Christ's words and lets Christ's words start criticizing them!
Picture
Rolfe P. Barnard (1904-1969)
Rolfe Barnard - a late man of God, who though he was termed a Baptist stood against most of the Baptist conservatism of his day - describes the present dilemma we are in today in his sermon, "Utter Committal to Jesus Christ". This is a timely message indeed, for he tells of a generation (which he thought to be breathing down his neck in 1968 - when the sermon was preached) wherein the Antichrist will so fill the very atmosphere of the world with his doctrine that men will really believe that they can have their cake and eat it too! Live in sin and go to heaven at the end of the road. This is very much the air that surrounds such schools of theology as Dallas Theological Seminary, which produces and supports men, not of God, but of compromise, lukewarmness, lasciviousness and ecumenism, such as Richard Foster, Chuck Swindoll and Steve Smith (known for his vile blog posts against us, the church of God at large and the NT witness of what a church is with much fair speeches deceiving the hearts of the simple). These are the men that are "masters of theology" in our day! These are the men that are climbing the corporate ladder of success in most popular churches of our day. God save us from such men, and give us a company of men - not with letters! - but with voices! Voices like John the Baptist (he had some words for the seminarians of his day), the apostles, Stephen the first martyr, etc. Why were the whole lot of men just mentioned utterly persecuted, defamed, and martyred (with only one exception)? Just listen to the messages they were preaching to the religious world of their day and you'll have your answer! Why were men, women and children martyred wholesale in the 1st century? It was because the world hated them, their Lord and their message. Why doesn't the world hate you, reader, like Christ said it would? Are you compromised? Have you bowed the knee to the antichrist? In a generation when his doctrine permeates the very atmosphere of our world, have you just gone with the flow, or have you stemmed the tide? Have you stood in the gap? Have you repaired the breach? O God, open our eyes to our condition and save us all!

2014/2/7 16:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy