Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : A Burden - a door to revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

A Burden - a door to revival

The Burden – the door to the prophetic realm

Prophets are sent to protect people. The prophet is sent to correct the people. A properly conducted prophetic ministry provokes those who are strong and who live securely to cover and to serve the weak.
A prophet, a real prophet is brought up and then brought forth into the arena of man’s struggle to be concerned, to be bothered. A man, even worse, a prophet who does not care about the pain of the poor and needy causes the heaviest burden to be machinated and prepared for the Father’s heart to carry.
A Samuel’s attitude is spelled out thus: ”As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you. I will instruct you in the good and right way.” 1 Sam 12:23. Jeremiah reaches out for more tears: ”Oh, that my head were waters, and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people.” Jer 9:1.

A prophet is a prophet if he is willing to give himself away to the cause and ways of Heaven. Having a diploma from a ”school of prophets” or a business card carrying the title ”Prophet” does never turn a man into something that the presence of the Lord alone prepares for and produces. The bigger the advertisement machinery grows to promote a ministry, the farther from truth, the farther from the reality and presence of Heaven. The increase of Christ is not to be ordered by man’s hand or to become nurtured and propagated by the man’s natural capacities. The Spirit grieves beyond measure in displeasure as to what is to be seen among what should be the leadership of the modern Church.
Prophets without burden are never interested in men. They are but proclaimers of events. Those prophets who are not willing to take on the burden of the Lord are not really interested in God, in who He is and what his intentions are, but only in what God might have for them in categories of blessings and a prosperous future. They do not care for dry and meagre reality - they live a fantasy. Their messages are wind and vain imagination.
L. Widerberg

2003/9/29 7:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy