SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Last-Minute Updates on the Debate Tomorrow with Bill Nye and Ken Ham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

I didn't get to see the whole thing either, but I plan to go back and look at what I missed. It can be viewed at this youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI&feature=share

I was praying for God to use Ken Ham to shine the light of truth in the darkness and to enlighten people. I believe that God did just that!

Oh for a turn-around in our nation! Oh for a revival of true repentance in the acknowledgment of the One true God who saves from sin by the sacrifice of His Son on the cross!

Oh Lord, please do it again, in your mercy and in your grace as you have done it in the past.

2014/2/5 10:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ken should have asked Bill, If we evolved from apes,why are there still apes?

2014/2/5 10:37Profile

Re:

I watched the entire debate and hope that there will be more similar to this in the future. The idea of looking at creation not only scientifically, but with the laws of logic and historical observation (i.e., from the biblical account) was important. Many students are not receiving this balanced approach to creation, i.e., hearing both sides. Also, students are more and more being indoctrinated into the Darwinism and evolution theory without being allowed to hear other views on creation.

It was stated that evolution and religion should be separated. Therefore, creationism has been removed from the schools because it is religious. I believe Mr. Ham answered this absurdity correctly, by explaining why that the Bible is the only historical record known to man regarding the creation.

Our schools should also teach the students how to think critically and understand the laws of logic (i.e., the law of identity, the law of non-contradiction, the law of the excluded middle) and the law of reason/thought to ultimately decide between right and wrong and discover truth. There has not only been a moral breakdown in our society within Europe, U.S. and Canada, but a breakdown in the ability to think critically and decided between right and wrong.

I know simplicity is found in Christ and the Gospel and that it is by faith and not by sight, but hearing a balanced presentation of creationism was like a breath of fresh air. I have two degrees from a secular/state college in the sciences and I never heard a presentation or lecture like the one between Ham and Nye.

Thank you for posting the info on the debate. I will be thinking and praying on this in the days to come.

Kenneth

2014/2/5 11:49
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I saw the first 2 hours of it and then went to watch Moody's Founders week because I was literally getting bored.

I found Nye to be more practice whereas Ken Ham didn't go deep enough. Nye talked about the practicalness of science whereas Ken stayed with the bible but if the Bible is true it would confirm many things we see in the Earth and I don't see that Ken when into that part of it very deep. To me he stayed way too shallow.

In the end I don't know that anybody 'won' the debate. Throughout the debate I kept asking myself 'Ken, please address the half life part of science because that is major area where science likes to talk about millions of years ago but it never happened'.

It also seemed a debate of Young Earth v Old Earth. I don't have an opinion on that at all.

2014/2/5 12:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This has always been my take on the age of the earth. If you have had rocks, dirt, debris, etc. floating around in space for billions of years, and God created this earth from that, does it literally make the earth billions of years old? If you take a 54 Chevy and build a 2014 Chevy from it's materials, and science takes a metal sample from the 2014 Chevy, are they going to say it's a 54 Chevy? Message here is, just because the materials use in building something are billions of years old, does not make the product billions of years old.

One question I would have for the pagans, please explain how life can start from nothing? And don't give me this big bang nonsense. That doesn't explain it.
For those saying the earth existed before the Bible was written, they are correct. But God existed before the earth was formed. How can anyone who has seen their child being born say "This just happened all by itself"? Some day when we all stand before Jesus, we can each feel free to express our opinions one final time.

God Bless...

2014/2/5 12:15Profile

Re:

Bill Nye kept appealing to the audience, local and extra-local that it is very important in order for America to continue to advance technologically that we must stay with correct and proper science. Of course, he was alluding to Evolution and not replacing it with incorrect creationism based science. I like how Ken had real life Scientists testify that they believed in Creationism, such as the one that invented the MRI. He clearly showed Bill that all scientists whether Atheists or Christians, used the proper techniques of observational science but that they differed on historical science. He clearly brought out that historical science is a belief system for both parties since neither party "was there" when it happened. And, that the Bible is the only record given to man that tells us what happened and answers many questions.

Bill never answered Ken regarding if everything is changing, how can you confidently rely on the Laws of Logic and Nature? That was a great point. When you send a probe to Mars, you are basing your target destination and landing parameters on formulas that rely on the laws of physics and mathematics not to change, while that probe takes years to get there.

Ken, also displayed in his presentation about 90 different dating methods today that all contradict one another.

Ken successfully presented that Evolutionists are using creationism, everyday in their research but won't admit it. They are using these absolute laws, everyday.

Ken asked Bill, in a constantly changing universe, where did these laws come from?

I wished Ken would have brought up the Woodpecker or Bombardier Beetle or several other species and nailed home the fact that nothing works unless it all works, which would expose evolution as nonsense.

The Bombardier Beetle
http://www.bibleprobe.com/beetle.htm

The Woodpecker
http://www.present-truth.org/3-Nature/Evolution%20of%20Creationist/MOGC%2010.htm

The Megapode or "incubator bird" of Australia
http://www.present-truth.org/3-Nature/Evolution%20of%20Creationist/MOGC%2002.htm

The Black and Yellow Garden Spider
http://www.present-truth.org/3-Nature/Evolution%20of%20Creationist/MOGC%2003.htm

The Gecko Lizard AND The Human Ear
http://www.present-truth.org/3-Nature/Evolution%20of%20Creationist/MOGC%2004.htm

Table of Contents
http://www.present-truth.org/3-Nature/Evolution%20of%20Creationist/Chapter%2000.htm#TOC

2014/2/5 12:44

Re:

Here is my take on the debate, and to be honest I have never been a big fan of apologetics. I found it quite boring and too bogged down in multiple details. I think Bill was more polished because he works on tv all the time, obviously I appreciated Ken's content but he seemed quite nervous to me.

Isn't interesting that when God came to earth and wanted to teach us humans deep truths, He did so using parables. Those who wanted to and were seeking to learn, learned from the Lord's parables, those who did not, did not of course. My point being, lets say they found Noah's ark tomorrow. I am not sure if one single soul would be saved because of that. The problem with men does not lie in their brains, the problem is in their rebellious hearts. It's not about acknowleging abstract truth, it's about a rebellious and sinful heart surrendering and giving itself fully to God..........bro Frank

2014/2/5 13:15

Re:

Hearty amen to that, bro! (Appolus).

I find anything related to God interesting, but yes, some stretches of the debate were boring, and though I have read a lot about Creationism, God has never led me to use any kind of apologetics in my witnessing. It's just not how the Spirit has led me.

2014/2/5 13:52

Re:

There are different gifts in the body and I covet them. I personally did not think it was boring, but I can understand the point. Yes, it is true as Christ has said: "'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’” And maybe even if they make some new scientific discovery related to the Bible some will not believe, but I believe the point of the debate was to include creationism teaching in our schools/colleges along with the Evolution theory. I for one cannot imagine being in Ken's place and speaking in such an environment of humanism, secularism, etc., who were hanging on his every word and character with an eagle's eye.

I love an respect my non-resistant sisters and brothers, as well as love and respect those who vote, are in politics, teach at public schools and are even on the battlefield.

The media and global coverage of this important debate and topic included the simple message of creation and where we ALL came from, God's love for mankind, original sin, judgment for sin, marriage between one man and one woman, the need for a blameless and spotless Savior, the Cross, that heaven and earth will burn with intense heat and a new heaven and earth will be created where righteousness dwells. As Ken simply explained it: the "Seven C's" of life: Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, Confusion, Christ, Cross, Consummation.

Remember the little children, as there were many of them throughout the whole world watching this debate and are probably speaking about it as I write these words. Let us believe in the God of the impossible that HE will cause growth from the seeds planted at this debate. And as He promised: "I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice” (Gen. 22: 17-18).

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." (Jude 1: 24-25).

2014/2/5 18:21

Re:

I like Bill Pro's point about what elements came together to create the big bang, and where did they come from. The simple truth, and I think most folks, even in the world, can get their head around that something cannot spring from nothing. Unless of course you are on the creation side of the equation:)

I have never had any kind of answer, never mind a satisfactory answer from athiests or secular people to this simple and fundamental point..........bro Frank

2014/2/5 19:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy