SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Churches Cancel, Move Services for Super Bowl Sunday

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

While I get the "checking the heart" and "priorities" aspect of all this, most people who go to Super Bowl parties and such use it as a meaningful time to simply bond with their family and friends.

Meaningful and important social connections happen at events like this. It's more than just another football game to most people. Most people don't really care about either team that is playing. They go because they know they'll get a chance to hang out and talk to family, friends, and have some pretty good food.

There is a time for everything under the sun. Including a "time to laugh." I see events like the Super Bowl as an opportunity to do such.

And in regard to passion, I am passionate about this. Not the Super Bowl per say. I really don't care that much about football, and none of my teams ever really get the chance to go to the big game as it is. I am passionate about this because I feel sometimes we as the church make big deals out of nothing... and then sit around and wonder why nobody wants to play with us and hear about our Jesus.

2014/2/4 12:12Profile

Re: Book of Nephi????

Bill in one of your posts in this thread you gave two references from the book of Nephi. You also referenced the dream of Lehi.

I ask respectfully why are you referencing the Book of Mormon to illustrate your points?

Blaine

2014/2/4 16:07
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Yeah Bill, why is that?

respectfully,
Oracio

2014/2/4 16:53Profile

Re:

Maybe, he had his userid hijacked.

2014/2/4 17:30

a new low has been reached in this forum

trashing Dr. Tozer with gossip from his widowed wife.

oh lovely.....a very mature witness to a global audience.

2014/2/4 18:22

Re: a new low has been reached in this forum

Neil I do not understand the intent of your Tozer observstion. This is a Christian forum. We hold the Bible to be our authority. Not the Book of Mormon. The references to the 1st book of Nephi and Lehi are in the context of Mormonism. A googje search will verify this.

I simply asked Bill or someone operating under his userid why he or they were using the Book of Mormon to establish their points.

If I came into this forum quoting chapter and verse out of the Qorum or Koran, that the Moslems use as their holy book. I would expect someone to ask me that same question.

I do not believe I am out if line to ask why a poster is referencing s book that comes out of a faith we hold to be a demonic cult.

Blaine

2014/2/4 18:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr.Bear, read Revelation 17:1-7 it speaks the same, sorry must be the old man in me bringing us those scriptures before I came to Christ. Some of us were drug heads, alcoholics, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon etc. before we came to Christ, I guess all that really should matter now is that we came to Christ. Yes I do still slip up every now and then, please forgive me.

So Mr. Bear, no Mormons/x mormans are welcome in your house? or on this forum? just asking.

2014/2/4 19:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: a new low has been reached in this forum

Quote:
HezWelling...trashing Dr. Tozer with gossip from his widowed wife.

oh lovely.....a very mature witness to a global audience.

Brother Neil, I am with you on this one, WAY out of line.

2014/2/4 19:25Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm not dumping on Tozer. But what his wife said about him is not hearsay but fact. It is documented in his biography for all to read. It serves as a reminder that ones spirituality needs to hit home first. Love your family, love your neighbors. Do so by spending lots of time with them. Pray less if you must.

2014/2/4 19:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ok guys and gals, my work is done here, the edifying has gone south, if there ever was any edifying on this thread. :)

2014/2/4 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy