SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Billy Graham: Pope a voice for morality

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Billy Graham: Pope a voice for morality

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Graham called Pope John Paul II "unquestionably the most influential voice for morality and peace in the world during the last 100 years" shortly after the pontiff's death Saturday afternoon.

"He was truly one of those rare individuals whose legacy will endure long after he has gone," Graham said in a statement released by the Charlotte-based Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

In the statement, Graham recalled meeting with the pope at the Vatican.

"In his own way, he saw himself as an evangelist," Graham said. "He was convinced that the complex problems of our world are ultimately moral and spiritual in nature, and only Christ can set us free from the shackles of sin and greed and violence."

Graham, 86, who has struggled with his own declining health in recent years, said the pope's courage in the face of advancing age and illness was an inspiration.

2005/4/4 20:01Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Re: Billy Graham: Pope a voice for morality

Andrew Strom said: It truly disturbs me when I hear of Evangelical leaders praising his overall message and even calling him a 'great evangelist' or a 'great Christian leader'. Is the Reformation null and void, then? Shall we simply fold up our tents and go back to Rome?

While I agree with most conservative catholics (my mother for one) that John Paul did alot of good things for the catholic church including saving it from liberalism in general and that the new pope (Ratzinger) will continue in this, I believe most of all instead of argueing and debating about the evils of the catholic church we should pray for the people who attend there to be educated about exactly what their church teaches and if need be remove themselves from it. I encourage all Bible believing christians to pray for the salvation of the catholic people.

2005/4/20 0:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy