SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE WELLSPRING OF OUR WORSHIP by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE WELLSPRING OF OUR WORSHIP by David Wilkerson

Moses could worship even though he wasn’t full of hope for Israel. He knew the people were bent on backsliding—that they were hiding the golden idols they had brought from Egypt. Even though Moses had persuaded God to spare them after their idolatry of the golden calf, now he must have thought, “How much longer will God put up with their secret lust and murmuring? When is His patience going to run out?”

It could seem here that Moses’ pleading on Israel’s behalf was more compassionate than God’s feeling for the people. But the truth is, God had no intention of destroying these people. He already had all His promises for them in His mind.

No, this was a “mercy test” for Moses. The Lord was asking His servant, “How are you going to represent Me to the people? Will it be as a vengeful God who is full of judgment only? No—I am merciful, long-suffering, always ready to forgive My people.”

Here was the revelation! And it set Moses’ heart at ease. Indeed, while he was still worshiping, he began claiming and appropriating the glory God had revealed to him: “God’s mercy will see us through! He is long-suffering, and He will forgive us. What a glory this is! What comfort, what hope!”

Immediately, Moses began praying, “And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiff-necked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance” ( Exodus 34:9).

This passage proves unmistakably that the revelation of God’s glory is an integral part of worship!

The revelation of God’s glory should be the wellspring of all our worship. We ought to regularly lay claim to His glory, testifying, “Lord, I know You’re holy and just, and You won’t wink at sin. But I’ve also seen Your glory and I know You’re not out to destroy me.

"You don’t condemn me in my struggles. On the contrary, You show me how loving and long-suffering You are toward me. I know I deserve rejection. I’ve failed so often, I should be cast aside completely. But You reveal to me that You are merciful, gracious, tenderhearted!”

2014/1/31 14:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy