SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Feast of Tabernacles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Feast of Tabernacles

If anyone has read or heard any of George H Warnocks works you'll come to appreciate this man's insight into the word of God.

I was conversing with a certain ministry sometime ago and the lady who takes my orders for tapes messages sent me George H Warnock's book entitled, "The Feast of Tabernacles" free of charge.

When I first received it, I always end up putting it away on the bookshelf, because that is just the way I usually treat new books. When I start digging around looking for a book to read, I come across the one that I had stuffed away sometime ago.

Well, I pulled out his book and started reading it with a hint of opera playing in the background, I began to read something that is strikingly interesting concerning the day we are living in.

I thought about another post that I just got done reading about pentecostalism in america being just about dead. And I couldn't help but remember that there were more feast days then just Pentecost. We've had the day of Pentecost for far too long now, it's time to move unto another feast, the Feast of Tabernacles.

Is it possible we are coming to the end of the Feast of Pentecost and now what is ahead of us is the Feast of Tabernacles?

I want to take an excerpt out of Mr Warnock's book, some of you might be offended what he says about Prayer and Repentance, but keep in mind the context in which he is writing and where he is going with it.

"This life shall not come to pass by fleshly striving. Nor shall it come merely by prayer and repentance and seeking God's face. This of course, is most essential, and God will hear that prayer of sincerity and reveal the channel and means by which perfection shall be attained. But prayer and repentance in themselves are not the means by which the saints are to be perfected. Neither is the rapture of the church the plan of God for the perfectin of the saints, and their deliverance from sin and carnality. God has another plan - a far more glorious plan, and yet very simply plan and here it is:

I will continue this with the next post as I do not want this post to be long and boring.

Karl

2005/4/4 15:23

Re: Feast of Tabernacles

This is a continuation from the first post that I started in this thread regarding the Feast of Tabernacles and what George H Warnock has to say about it.

He writes:

"And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pasters and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry. for the edifying of the body of Christ;: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the starture of the fulness of Christ" Eph4:11-13. The church may proclaim in imminent rapture as much as they will, and teach that any moment the saints will be snatched away from the earth to escape the gathering clouds of Tribulation. But this is not the teaching of God's Word. True. we must always be waiting and watching fo His "Appearing" - but this is not the "Appearing" of modern evangelical theology. This glorious "Appearing" must first of all be manifest in the saints.

Sometime ago when I was desperately seeking God with fastings and prayer, it was this message that God brought to light this "Appearing" in His body. The scripture He used was 1Peter 1:13

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ"

I always thought this meant the end of the world that the rapture was our hope.

But as I was musing the fire burned and the holy Spirit said that this is not what this means, but that Christ desires to grow up inside of you, THIS IS THE HOPE OF EVERY CHRISTIAN and the churches only hope, that Christ may manifest Himself in and thru you. This is the only way that the world will know that you have love one towards another, "it's Christ in you the hope of Glory".

Peter goes onto say, "Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls".

Again, I was instructed not to see this as the "end" of the world. But to see this as the end of your faith that is "every man is given a measure of faith" and that faith that which given to us He will use to perfect us, and when the seed has matured we can say like Paul,

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life [b]I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God[/b] which , who loved me, and gave himself for me." Gal2:20

Paul ceased to live by the faith that was once given to him for to bring him to perfection and now lives by the Faith of the Son of God, why? Because Paul is now dead to everything that he once held dear to him. He died daily in his earlier days like as we are partaking now, but he died the strivings ended, you could say he left Romans chapter 7 and entered Romans chapter 8.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb12:2

And believe me when I say, I used to believe this scripture to point to the rapture or when we were resurrected.

Someone asked me in another post what is the future for the Church? I believe it is this perfect man (a many membered body) that stands up in the earth as one man, Jesus Christ.

I could write much more, but I want my readers to share in the discussion.

Karl

2005/4/4 15:51
taco

Re:

The 'feast of tabernacles' is an interesting book as I remembrer it. But Geo. Warnocks later books seem to have a depth and maturity far surpassing that one.

As I recall F.O.T was written in 1951, Warnock was in his 20s then. He seemed to go for a good while before adding further writings and spent a long time in obscurity. His last book 'Seven Lamps of Fire' was a real blessing.

He is one of those people whose huility and holiness seems so evident in his ministry. I highly recomend the recordings hosted here at sermonindex also.

2005/4/14 17:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy