Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Finances

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Finances

Brothers and sisters,

Please keep me in prayer. I have fallen on hard times financially. There is much I am to have fault for in this, and I believe the Lord is disciplining me as a result so that I better learn how to manage my finances. My sloppy discipline matched with lower hours at work and higher gas prices has made things very difficult on me.

Thanks for your prayers.

2005/4/4 13:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Finances

Quote:
My sloppy discipline matched with lower hours at work and higher gas prices has made things very difficult on me.

Lord allow Jimmy to find more work and keep him under control stress wise In Jesus name.

Post what the Lord does brother I am expecting Him to take care of you.

2005/4/4 15:27Profile

I know what you are going thru bro.

I racked up my Visa a few months ago and I live on a shoe string budget, until the thing is paid.

I put what I can on the Visa and make sure they are happy, and I pay off all the little companies and make sure they are completely clear. And I live off what is left over and it ain't much.

Nevertheless it helps me think before I pay for something I don't need.

If you are paying off creditors, just give them enough so they stay off your back until you are able to gain some ground in your finances and when you have gained enough, then you can give them more to pay it off quicker.

There is no quick solution to things like this, because we slowly got into it, then it will slowing take us out.

I do hope this has encouraged you some Jim.

Karl

2005/4/4 16:10
dohzman

Can you pick up some ministry speaking engagements? I know if you contact your District Overseerer that he'll help you. Since Lee is one of the COG's (Church of God) colleges they 'll help you too if you ask. Let me know how it all works out, I'll keep you in my prayers.

2005/4/4 18:11Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Lord allow Jimmy to find more work and keep him under control stress wise In Jesus name.

As difficult as the next couple months look like they might be, the Lord has guarded my heart and mind not to be troubled through the peace of God. So, the Lord has done that much so far :)

2005/4/4 18:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Can you pick up some ministry speaking engagements?

I'm not sure. I've been praying for a while that perhaps God would open chances for me to minister at other local area churches, but so far such has not happened.

I'm personally not much for asking for preaching engagements, as I try to stay away from any *apparent* politicing. Every time I've preached at my current church, it has been at my pastor's request. Besides, even if I did such, I am dead as far as politics is concerned in my district because of a strong stance I took on something at a district ralley in which the state overseer was present at our district's overseer's church.

A former member at our church just got his first pastorate in a church about 20-30 miles from ours. He said he'll have me up every now and then to preach... but I'm sure he'll get settled in first before that happens.

Thank you for your prayers though.

2005/4/4 18:44Profile
dohzman

Re: COG good luck

It would seem that politics is very much the order of buisness in our chosen denomination. Try meeting with your D.O. anyway and let him know that you'd be open for fill in pulpits. With spring and summer right around the corner you D.O. will have plenty of temp spots you can fill. By asking for help and doing some ministry in your district , that'll help lots with how much reference and help they'll give you in the future. Trust me, I'm a hard nose and I've stepped on toes here in Ohio too. The COG isn't really to good at promoting the evangelist aspect in the church , that's why so many of thier churches are weak and thier numbers are falling off everywhere. Just keep on pressing. Get a Intro Cover Letter from your pastor and type out a resume' with the burden of your calling and send it out to the churches, try to get a copy of at least 1 message to send with this packet. The Lord will open the door. God Bless Bro. Daryl if there's anything I can do let me know.

2005/4/4 21:37Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just an update. Today, God, through my parents, gave me $1000 to help me pay my bills this month. I did not even ask them for such money. They simply knew I was having a hard time financially. Still though, the next 6 months will be difficult as my credit card company slapped me with a 30% apr for going over my limit, and will lower it back down after that time.

Pray that God would grant me more hours at work, and would help me find a full time job since I am scheduled to graduate in a couple weeks from school. Ideally, I am desiring to go into full-time ministry, be it in the local church, a christian school, or some sort of parachurch ministry.

2005/4/7 21:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Ideally, I am desiring to go into full-time ministry, be it in the local church, a christian school, or some sort of parachurch ministry.

Ever since my husband and i felt we were being called into the ministry we have been going through an awfull time financialy. Only tonight we only had 17 pounds to get food shopping for us and the children and our cupboards have been almost bare and i haven't been able to wash the clothes for a couple of days due to lack of laundry powder! Yet i feel He is bringing us through this to teach us to totally depend on Him for our needs (and to be better with our finanaces!). We faithfully tithe and give what we can when we can.
I belive you can really use this time in your life to gain experience for when you enter in to full time ministry, because no doubt there will at times be periods of hardship where total dependancy on the Lord will be required.
In the mean time we will be praying for you KingJimmy.

2005/4/14 16:39

Re:

I have to share this with you. Going back to the food shopping and totally depending on God, we didn't have any change for the trolly so we stopped off to get change from somewhere yet when we got to the supermarket someone had put back their trolley but hadn't taken out the coin so God even met our need there!!!!

2005/4/14 16:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy