SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : need of prayer again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

need of prayer again

Really need prayers that the Lord will get me through this trial I am going through. The devil is attacking me very strongly and I am very weak in my faith and just in general. I have been seeking the Lord daily in prayer and his word etc. I really am, I need hope right now, I am very down in the spirit. Please pray for me and my wife and family too. Thank you guys.

2014/1/27 10:34
KPYee

Re: need of prayer again

I will pray for Him to lift you up and grant you the graces you need to weather this period of turbulence .

Be comforted . Your prayers were not in vain . He heard you . If He doesnt grant your requests yet its because He has something better for you . "Therefore will the Lord wait that He may gracious unto you and and therefore may He be exalted that He may have mercy upon you. For the Lord is a God of judgment.Blessed are all they that wait for Him" Isa 30:18..

God Bless you ..

2014/1/27 18:47Profile

Re:

thank you so much

2014/1/27 23:26
KPYee

Re:

Brother

You hang on there .. Dont give up . He has given us a promise " they shall not be ashamed that wait for me"

2014/1/28 5:07Profile

Re:

thanks again. One of the most frustrating things with what i have been going through even for the last two years is that it seems like the smallest mess up of mine opens the door to demonic torment in my mind and affliction to my body. Yesterday for example i was at work and i got angry for being accused of something at work as i was working really hard and i got kind of angry and began complaining to a worker about it and out of know where i started getting attacked in my mind and my thinking again, i know i shouldnt complain or get angry and i was wrong, but i use to get convicted by my sin and now it seems i get tormented by evil spirits. Just a second ago i was playing the wii which i dont play much, it was the wii sports which my wife and i got to play as a family game for christmas and i was just playing a few of the tennis challenges and the thought came in my mind that i should stop playing because i dont want to overdue and i decided to play one more game and i had only played for like ten minutes at the most and started feeling this demonic oppression in my mind again. I had been struggling the past two years with fear that i was going to hurt my back constantly and now that seems to have passed and now i am being tormented by these attacks on my mind. i literally feel as if the devil is trying to take over my mind and memory. I also go in and out of struggling with a fear of losing my salvation or i was never saved. It just seems to always go in a circle. Something different always with me. But, specifically these problems i have had with the attacks in my mind started right before christmas and i remember the day it happened when i went christmas shopping with my mom for my wife and i have a certain amount we were to spend on one another, but it seemed as if i overdid it a little with the spending and then i started getting attacked in my mind again, it was not just a fear a feeling i need to stop shopping and i felt this oppression in my mind., but it wasnt conviction though. But, anyways i stopped shopping. Then one week later i believe i had called off of work on a saturday because management had asked me earlier that week if i wanted an extra day off so i decided to take it and i was feeling pretty good that day and then i went shopping with my wife and mom again and as i was in the car i started having great oppression in my mind and my thinking was affected i could not seem to function my thoughts as well and i at the store and called a brother at my church to pray for me and i felt a little better that day. But, ever since all this happened i been having these demonic attacks in my mind. So i have been fasting most of everyday the past few weeks until night and then i eat. It has helped a little. And i just want everyone to know that i don't take my sin lightly and what i do in my daily life i do examine daily. I almost daily read the scriptures and have a time of devotion with God in prayer. I have tried over and over to focus on the things of God in what i watch and read and talk about and do. I attend sunday school and my church service weekly which is a first baptist church now since i believe september or october of 2012 and many of the bible studies on wednesday. I have prayed so much throughout the day the last two years because of my constant struggles. But, to be honest with you my heart feel like i have got any closer in my spirit or heart to God though have sought him. I am very overwhelmed and burdened by this. Their has been a few times where i have been able to try to focus on Christ and felt strength and peace, but them i am overwhelmed extremely. As far as my heath goes i did end up taking medicne in the end of 2012 for a few months and i was doing better for a little time maybe a month or so but then as i was taking it i started having really bad thoughts from the medicine and i decided to stop taking it because it became very scary the thoughts i was having, it was paxil but i did try. So i told the Lord i had to just trust him and he has got me to this point and now the demonic oppression has started really bad again the past few months in various ways. I have been taking also now b complex from gnc, fish oil, and a multivitamin over the past few months and it has helped my thinking , but i started having piritual oppression and it doesn't seem to matter what pill i am taking because i am dealing with something spiritual. But, anyways i do struggle with my faith and i have fear i am going to be punished when i mess up or say something wrong and i do usually have something happen to me whether or not is from God or not i don't know. Bu, i felt i needed to explain myself a little bit so i didnt seem as if was lying or so some understood my situation better. Guys i am struggling and i don't know what to do really, i have sought God so much and i will continue to seek him. Your prayers our deeply needed for me and my family and wife Allyce who don't know the Lord. Thank you for your continued prayers. In Christ John

2014/1/28 15:27
KPYee

Re:

Brother .. Thank you for a detailed explanation on what afflicts you . I am not competent to advise you. But I have prayed and will continue to pray for the Lord to help you. Jesus bless you always

2014/1/28 19:30Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Hello Brother John,
I have and will keep praying for both you and your wife. I thought of you while reading a meditation of Psalms 13:3 by Philippe Vernier. Meditate particularly on what he says on the last line.

Lighten Mine Eyes

Lord, preserve me from doubt, which is like a leak in the soul. It makes one sink slowly until one is irretrievably submerged.
Let me despair of myself, of life, of man, but not of thy love. Lord, let me not lose hold of this one solid support which he who slides toward the abyss may grasp!
Be near me when the black flight of evil thoughts surrounds me, when the tempter repeats that though concernest not thyself with me, or that I am too vile for thee to help me.
It is true that I remain blind to nearly all the signs of thy love, that I am very deaf to thy voice, that my heart is so insensitive that I find myself poor and bereft in spite of thy infinite riches. ( Is it because they are infinite that they escape my senses? ) But canst thou not reveal thyself even to a blind man, to a deaf or an ungrateful one?
A blind and deaf man feels the sun's warmth! Lord, may thy presence be upon me as the heat of the sun, and I shall not doubt! Perhaps I may even end by opening my eyes!
I wish to be like those humble ones who believe while they live, and love while they breathe, for whom faith is easier than doubt!
But just as thou hast made me, Lord and in spite of the agonies that make me cry to thee, I bless thee that it is by nature to thee that I cry. Would I ask thee to deliver me from doubt if I were not already thy servant and if thou wert not my Master?

2014/1/29 1:48Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Matthew chapter 4, the temptations of Christ

Read this and use the verses Jesus used. This is an example for us.

See how He repeats , "It is written" for each temptation.

James 4:7 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

You do not have to lose every battle with satan. God has given us all His Word John 10:10 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

That life comes through His Son Jesus, the Bible is the Word of God, Jesus is the Word of God.

Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

2014/1/29 13:09Profile

Re:

hey i really need your prayer right now i am being oppressed severely by the demonic right now in my mind and my thinking again.I was actually doing a lot better the last week and a half and started feeling like a normal person again. The demonic oppression was not as bad as it had been, i really began being hopeful again and then it seems i started became prideful again and it seemed to open the door again to this oppression. I confessed this to the Lord and have admitted my struggle with this sin and many other sins that i cant seem to win the battle with including my struggle with faith. But i am still getting attacked very bad, he is sustaining me, but i woke up just knowing i need prayer because i am very weak right now in my mind. Thank you in Christ

2014/2/15 10:11
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

a close walk with God is what the Lord is obviously calling you to. He has a great love for you and wants you to come into a deeper walk with Him. But it wont come through praying, reading the bible, praising God, singing psalm and hymns etc etc. That is no real protection against demonic attacks on our mind.

Those things didn't work for me so why would they work for anyone else ?

They are all superficial methods that a lot of believers teach us about how to live a close walk with God and it confused me for years. But most of the church don't truly follow Christ and submit their lives to him in the way that Christ has said.

Mathew 16v25 : Whoever wants to save his life will lose it (that means giving up our own choices and choosing a moment by moment following of the still small voice of the Holy Spirit to the point where it hurts to do it.

It will tear your heart to do it, realising that you are surrendering your right to choose your own path.
But do not fear because he has promised :
John 10v27 : My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can snatch them out of my hand.

We cant be snatched out of his hand because of the method Christ talks about in the words preceding this....
Which is : "My sheep hear (listen to) my voice and follow me".

Time for us to stop doing our own thing. The greatest protection we will have from any demonic oppression isn't an outsider praying for you it is obeying that still small voice of God and thereby walking in constant fellowship with him.

2014/2/15 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy