SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testimonies of God without human action

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

In response to your question...

One of the most profound answers to prayer is the one where I asked the LORD to give me a love for his WORD. He gave me a love for all of it! Even Numbers has a lot of inspiration if you look for it! One does not read to learn facts, although that is an important by-product, one reads to learn to know more about God, who He is and how He works. You read, learn and it becomes easy to see God working all around us. This will fill one with delight and joy - unlike anything else you can read. And God loves it, too - I have sensed his smile numerous times.

This all begins by realizing a lack in your heart and asking God to fix it and how He love to fix this problem! :-)

What question??
How about a short testimony?

2014/1/27 10:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
by DEADn on 2014/1/27 8:57:00

Just-in

Not looking for a lecture. Only testimonies of answered prayer with minimal human involvement so that an unbeliever cannot point a finger as a human being saying they are the ones who did it and not God.

That's fine, DEADn. What I wrote was obviously not for you and since this is a "public square" and not a private conversation, it may be for someone else.

Salvation will always come through personal revelation of who the Son of God is to each individual and yes, God uses many things.

In my opinion, the greatest miracle is a changed life, from darkness to life, but this is not usually the "proof" that people want.

My first reply contained a testimony of the work of the Spirit in a Believer's life. This is uninteresting to most unbelievers.

2014/1/27 10:35
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ok, John, I was reading all the posts in response to your request for testimonies..I took that request and called it a 'question' - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Did you not understand my post as a testimony? That is what it is meant to be - I did not love the WORD like I thought I should so in response to this lack I asked the LORD to give me a love for it and He did.

Reckon, I do not know what you are asking for. Sigh

2014/1/27 14:38Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

by ginnyrose on 2014/1/27 14:38:01

Ok, John, I was reading all the posts in response to your request for testimonies..I took that request and called it a 'question' - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Did you not understand my post as a testimony? That is what it is meant to be - I did not love the WORD like I thought I should so in response to this lack I asked the LORD to give me a love for it and He did.

Reckon, I do not know what you are asking for. Sigh

It isn't something I could use because many have read the bible and actually became Atheist as a result. If you shared something that was more practical to a reader it would help.
My share is about a woman I used to write as a pen pal. I write scripture into my letters and she hated it over the course of 6 weeks. One night while sleeping she said she heard voice fighting and saying 'She is mine, NO she is mine!' She woke up screaming and shouting 'God Save Me' and she said the voices left and she felt different inside. She was so excited about that that she called information to find out my phone number to call me. She lived in New York.

2014/1/27 15:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

John, we had an atheist in our town who knew the Scriptures better then most Baptists. He was a retired secret service agent and very intelligent. He could skillfully argue any point you want to make with him. Yes, I am well aware of these people's skills.

However, I am still convinced that if a person is truly honest and wants to know, God will reveal it to him/her if you but ask and then listen. The problem with this local atheist is he worked to justify his rebellion. Not exactly honest. I think this is the core of most people's rejection of the WORD: they work to discredit it to accommodate their sin.

I guess I would ask them why they do not want to believe? Do they enjoy their immorality too much? Are they working to stifle the resulting guilt? Ravi Zacharias says this is the core of people's rejection of the authority of the WORD. And I believe him.

2014/1/28 11:25Profile

Re:

Most people have to be at a breaking point in their life, place of severe tension or strain or some incredible personal burden relating to their own existence. People don't naturally decide from an intellectual point of view that following Jesus, where you must come and die first and then walk a life of crucifixion is a great idea.

Yes, people do enjoy their life including their immorality.

Sin is enjoyable for a season.

It is most difficult to convince someone intellectually that you have something much more enjoyable for them than what they are "enjoying". Their realm is only the flesh and they walk by sight so if they cannot see, taste or feel what you are proposing to them, they are reluctant to give up what they can see, taste or feel. You are asking them to jump off a cliff and trust you. They will never do that.

They will however, when confronted, face to face with the Living God, "jump off a cliff" and trust Him. We have all done that.

People don't have to reach a place of honesty, they just have to be confronted by the Holy Spirit and the love of God. I was not searching for God, desiring honesty, or hating my immorality when He absolutely arrested me with a bold confrontation of love. I did have severe tension in my life, but I did not know to cry out to God. I was trying to solve my problems in my own strength. Actually, I did not think I had any problems and was only deadening my conscious. He demonstrated overwhelming mercy for me when I was living a life of complete rejection of Him.

This is not a testimony that will help an atheist, though.

Prayer and fasting is never a wasted activity of action.

2014/1/28 12:11
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am a bit troubled in soul. I put out a call for testimonies on several board and even in an email to someone. So far this board has given me the most and not many people have said anything. It causes me to wonder if answered prayer is too personal to share or if answered prayer hasn't been answered at all and the sermons on prayer are good to listen to but not really practice and experienced in life.

What do you think?
I think I am wondering why more people are not stepping forward with an awesome testimony.

John

2014/1/29 21:30Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

DEADn said :
What do you think?
I think I am wondering why more people are not stepping forward with an awesome testimony.

Maybe you are asking for the wrong thing DEADn ? I don't really think that Prayer to God is just a time which is set aside it's also the deep cry of our hearts.

People have awesome testimonies and God answers many cries of our hearts daily. It's just that i thought you were asking for the answer to a particular prayer request.

I heard Gods audible voice when I tried to commit suicide but I didn't pray.

2014/1/29 21:47Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

No
In my case I am looking for any testimony anyone has had that resulted in minimal human doings so that a person could not say that person was bound to have that happen. Not sure why you thought I was looking for a certain prayer.

This is really blowing my mind. Funny because I talked to a guy who attends Church of Christ and the way he reacted was 'How do you know it was God'. Led me to wonder if he has every seen answers to his prayers, if he even prays at all.

2014/1/29 21:53Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I didn't know or believe in the existence of God. None of my family ever mentioned such a thing. And I had a real fear of death. This had made me depressed for 5 years without a break. From the age of 13 to 18.
I began contemplating suicicde and still had no awareness or warning from a God that he existed.
When that day came when I would take my life I was sitting in the armchair. I began to decide how I would do it. Then a voice out of nowhere said to me : "what about God" ?

I began to argue about the suggestion of such a thing. Then I became bitter then angry and determined to see it through.
So I went out into the bathroom and emptied a full bottle of large white tablet into my hand. Then I raised them to my mouth with tears coming down and knowing this was the end.

Just then the presence of this being entered into the bathroom. And that person communicated with me that God was about to speak with me.
Just then I heard God speaking and his voice was just like thunder. With the same sounds. God told me not to do what I was doing because he had a special purpose for me.

In Hs voice was a love I didn't know anything about. I wasn't sure if it could be possible that God really had a plan for me so I thought to myself "shall I still take them?" No one had ever told me that God doesn't lie so I had reached the point where I doubted anything positive that could happen to me. That's why i doubted.

He knew what I was thinking about still taking the tablets and he communicated wth me by transmitting a thought to me that he wouldn't let the tablets have any effect on my body.
So I could see it was pointless trying to take them.

He showed me that the reason my life was so bad didn't have anything to do with my mum but it was because I was sinful. I was stunned by this.

I had never read a Bible so the hearing of thunder in Gods voice wasn't something I made up. I believe it mentions it somewhere that He speaks like this.

Six month later I gave my life to Crist after listening to a preacher in our city centre.

2014/1/29 22:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy