SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, AND FOR ALL THAT ARE IN AUTHORITY; THAT WE MAY LEAD A QUIET AND PEACEABLE LIFE in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (KJV)

Anyone is free to disagree with me, but Obama needs our prayers, not our criticisms. No one is more disgruntled with him than I but back a few months ago the Lord pricked my heart about obeying this one seemingly little piece of scripture.

So i ask you in return as well, those who are complaining about him, have you actually spent time in prayer "for" his soul, for his leadership and for his family?

God bless us all,
Lisa

2014/1/29 11:45Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

I hope those who were not criticizing Obama KNOW that I was NOT talking to them!! Don't let satan lie to you that I was when I wasn't just because I didn't name names. Just saying... (huge grin)

God bless,
Lisa

2014/1/29 12:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Word of God does indeed instruct us to pray for those in authority, but wouldn't it be the wise and prudent thing to do to pray that God would place godly men in positions of authority? There were many Christians that did not bother to vote in this last presidential election, reasoning that it doesn't matter who is in office, God is in control. There were a lot of Christians in the black community that voted for Obama knowing that he is pro abortion and pro - gay marriage.

I pray for those in authority, and I pray for them to be saved. However if they continue to harden their hearts to the Lord, continue to vote for laws that legalize the murder of innocent babies, and continue to support same sex marriage, then I pray that they would be removed from office, and that someone would take their place that at least have some what of a biblical worldview, and that recognizes the fact that the wisdom of man falls far short of the much needed wisdom and council of God.

Mike

2014/1/29 15:37Profile

whoa whoa whoa

Mike, do you and any others think that abortion and same sex marriage are the ONLY national sin issues afoot in this nation?

2014/1/29 16:13
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: whoa whoa whoa

"Mike, do you and any others think that abortion and same sex marriage are the ONLY national sin issues afoot in this nation?"

Where should we begin?

Why don't we start here?

"Behold, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy." (Ezekiel 16:49).

The condition of this nation is only a replica of what is in the church today, because there is little difference between the church and the world.

To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

"The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:

‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’” (Revelation 3:14-22).

2014/1/29 16:36Profile
KPYee

Re: Rainydaygirl

Sorry to read about your experience . But I am very happy that you are able by the grace of God to triumph over it..

2014/1/30 7:58Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
AbideinHim wrote:
...but wouldn't it be the wise and prudent thing to do to pray that God would place godly men in positions of authority?

Brother, I have the utmost respect for you but it is not wise and prudent when it is not Biblical and you have no scripture to support it.

Jesus, the Author & Finisher of our faith said, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matt 5.44 AND “Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.” Luke 6.29

Also, Jesus did not tell the disciples to pray for Pilate and Caesar to be replaced; he taught his followers (you and me) to live under them. And even in Daniel, Daniel did not pray for Nebuchadnezzar to be replaced.

Did Paul tell us to pray to have them replaced? No, his words were: “1. supplications, 2. prayers, 3. intercessions, and 4. giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, AND FOR ALL THAT ARE IN AUTHORITY;”

I humbly beseech you brother to see that it’s not about WHO is in office, it’s about “our” response to those whom GOD has put in office.

God bless,
Lisa

2014/1/30 9:08Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Lysa,

It is not unscriptural to pray for godly men to be placed in postions of authority.

It is also not unscriptural to speak the truth concerning corrupt leaders in our nation.

We are to obey our leaders to the extent that it is not disobeying God.

I don't believe that Bonhoffer was out of the will of God as he warned the church in Germany about the evils of the Nazi Regime.

What would have become of this nation if our founding fathers would have submitted themselves to the tyranny of the British throne?

Mike

2014/1/30 9:37Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I found this article on Christianity and the American Reveloution to be interesting:

EVENTS MOVED QUICKLY in the years before independence. As late as 1761, during the French and Indian War, Congregational ministers in Connecticut pledged absolute fidelity and submission to the king of England. By the mid 1760s, after Britain had begun taxing the colonies, many of these same clergy were denouncing the king and justifying non-submission.

During the Revolutionary era, the pulpit played a key role in encouraging dissent. The political activism of these black-robed ministers earned them the name “the black regiment.”

In July 1775, as tensions with the British rose, the Continental Congress called for a day of prayer and fasting. Most ministers used the occasion to preach for the colonial cause, but Anglican clergyman Jonathan Boucher spoke instead on the need to obey constituted authority. Concerned about his safety in proclaiming such an unpopular view, he carried into his pulpit not only his sermon manuscript but also a loaded pistol.

At the bottom of the original Declaration of Independence, the Continental Congress ordered copies of the Declaration first be sent not to town clerks or newspapers but to parish ministers, who were “required to read the same to their respective congregations, as soon as divine service is ended, in the afternoon, on the first Lord’s day after they have received it.”

During the war, more than a hundred colonial ministers served as chaplains in the Continental Army, and a lesser number of Anglican clergy, sympathetic to the loyalist cause, joined British regiments. As a result, many congregations found themselves with empty pulpits during the war.

Most colonial legislatures exempted pacifists, such as Quakers and Mennonites, from military duty, though fines to underwrite the expenses of war were often still levied. Quakers, however, objected to paying tax for war and disciplined 450 of their members for paying it.

The war was supported by most Baptist men and at least one Baptist woman! In 1782 Massachusetts Baptist Deborah Sampson donned a soldier’s uniform and successfully enlisted in the Continental Army as Private Robert Shurtliff. Assigned to the infantry, she was wounded twice. Her sexual identity went undetected for over a year. After the war, Deborah married a farmer and bore three children. She eventually received full payment, a pension, and public praise for her military service. Her church, however, excommunicated her for impersonating a man.

English Bibles were not printed in America until a year after the Declaration of Independence, when an edition of a King James Version New Testament was published. The complete Bible appeared five years later. Until then, all colonial Bibles were imported from England because only the king’s commissioned printers were allowed to issue them.

Though Americans fought for religious liberty in 1776 and passed a Constitutional amendment in 1791 to protect religious freedom, Connecticut did not disestablish its state-sponsored Congregational church until 1818, and Massachusetts not until 1833.

At the end of the war, after Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown, George Washington “suggested” his troops thank God: “The General congratulates the army upon the glorious event of yesterday. . . . Divine service is to be performed tomorrow in the several brigades and divisions. The commander in chief recommends that the troops not on duty should universally attend with that seriousness of deportment and gratitude of heart which the recognition of such reiterated and astonishing interpositions of Providence demand of us.”

The 1783 Treaty of Paris, which concluded the peace between Britain and the United States, begins “In the name of the most Holy and undivided Trinity.”

Cassandra Niemczyk is a freelance writer from Wheaton, Illinois, and a regular contributor to Christian History.

2014/1/30 9:51Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Lysa

Lysa,

God wants us to pray for His will to be done. In Acts Ch. 12 after Herod had killed James the brother of John with a sword, the church had an all-night prayer meeting, and God released Peter from prison.

Shortly afterward, God ordered death by worms to Herod. God’s perfect will would have been for Herod to repent, but since Herod chose to exalt himself instead of repenting, God’s will was that he be replaced.

If we sincerely pray "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven", his will may include at times a mighty act of judgment and much destruction, when hearts refuse to repent, but always his perfect and most desired will is that all would come to repentance.

2014/1/30 11:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy