SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re:

by KPYee on 2014/1/28 16:10:47

Pray if they would not repent for them to be removed . Many sinners are too deep in their sins . They have lost all capacity to do good . They are reprobate silver as Jeremiah described Judah to be . " Surely these sins will not be purged from you until you die " Such sinners should be removed by the Lord . Not by us . Its a blessing to the world when such people are removed . It will "bring an end to transgression". Although I hope I am wrong I do believe many leaders at national level are beyond the pale of salvation . Corruption has gone too deep ..Like the pharisees whom Jesus accused of sinning against the Holy Spirit they cant be saved

-

Kpyee i won't judge another person like that. i have no idea what goes on in the hearts of other men and women so i will just pray that the Lord open their eyes to see their need and repent the way He did for me. its not for me to judge if someone is "beyond the pale of salvation" and i won't go there. as long as the Lord gives me leading i will pray that our leaders be saved and to see their need for Jesus.

rdg

2014/1/28 16:34Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Deep sinners

Paul did not teach on this, but he does acknowledge the authority to turn a man over to Satan that he should learn not to continue in sin. He did this with a longer range goal of saving this person's soul, but he was not allowing sin to go unconfronted. He knew that sin allowed to grow would result in the destruction of the sinner and those under that person's influence. (1Cor. 5:5)

Some are in very deep wickedness with consciences seared and with no heart at all for God. Because of this, they pose a deadly threat to people who either serve God now, or potentially will. I see no reason not to pray for their conversion or their destruction all at the same time. The North Korean tyrant comes to mind...

2014/1/28 20:44Profile
KPYee

Re:

In Ezekiel and Jeremiah God said to the prophets not to pray for the people of Israel anymore . He said even if Daniel , Noah , Samuel and Elisha interceded for them it would be all vain . He has decided to destroy them. Their sins were too deep and cant be purged until Jerusalem is destroyed and recalcitrant sinners slain . Jeremiah and Ezekiel likened their corruption to be so be entrenched that even the fires of furnace cant purge the dross off. So Jeremiah called it reprobate silver. John said in 1 John 5 not to pray for a brother who has sinned a sin unto death. Sin is bondage. Persist long enough in it will become intractable. Even God himself cant help such sinners , Instead he will give up on them . He sends seducing spirits to lead them into deeper sins that they may be destroyed..

Although I do always hope that God will lead a sinner to repentance we must recognise that this isnt always possible. Sinners have the choice to reject and rebuff his offers of grace which when exercised will entrench them more deeply in sins ultimately leading into a state of complete depravity Like Sodom and Gomorrah they then become good only as fodder for total destruction . I fear this is true of many like Obama and many national leaders at judiciary , executive and legislative levels ..For this reason I think its necessary to pray for the Almighty to remove them ..Save this country and the world .

2014/1/28 21:33Profile

Re: KPYee

Bro you need to look at Luke 9:54-56

When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume then?". But He turned and rebuked then, and said "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of, for the Son of man did not cone to destroy nen's lives, but to Dave them."

Seems to me Jesus was more interested in saving lives then smoking them.

Bearmaster.

2014/1/28 23:30
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Prayer power

At different times and scenarios in the scripture, men of God spoke words of power that brought swift destruction on sinners. Elijah took out the prophets of Baal, Peter took out Ananias and Sapphira, Jesus even took out a fig tree that He saw out of order! And David! The psalms are full of curses on his enemies!

We always love the stories of wicked men and women coming to repentance, and it is sad when they don't. But warfare is warfare, and we are in it. We should pray for peace and righteousness to reign, and sometimes that might mean taking out those who are set against it.

Prayer is tapping into the power of God, praying in the Name of Jesus means praying within the character of Jesus, and in my opinion blasting away at evil is within that frame.

Blaine makes a good point about the "sons of thunder." Just as justice and mercy pull against each other, so also do peace and wrath. Jesus read the spirits of the thunder boys, and saw that their ardor was misplaced. They wanted to use violent power first, then the gentleness... later...maybe... Jesus knew that when men get accustomed to violent force, they do not lay it down to use gentleness later. He rightly discerned their thirst for violence, and had to rebuke it.

But He kept them, and won them over to His Spirit!

2014/1/28 23:35Profile
KPYee

Re: Bearmaster

Brother

You misunderstood me. When I asked for sinners to be removed by God I was referring to incorrigible sinners. Sinners who are so corrupted by sins they can no longer be purged. The people in that Samaritan village didnt fall under that category . That was proven when Jesus visited Samaria and was warmly received there.

In Matt 23 when Jesus was remonstrating the hypocritical Jewish leaders he was so incensed by depth of evils in those people he said "fill ye up then the measure of your fathers .. How can you escape the damnation of hell ?" He was telling them to sin more so they can be destroyed....

Once a sinner reaches a stage where repentance is no longer possible God will destroy that sinner. He will lead that sinner to sin so that he may be damned. And its good for this world that he does that. Can you imagine if Hitler and Stalin live forever on earth ?? The earth will become unlivable. So when we ask that God removes the irredeemable sinners we are asking God to save this world.Save the innocents of this world. Dont allow it to become a living hell ...The earth and all of God's creation will conspire to vomit us out if curse of sins are indulged in and not removed. I suspect we are already seeing that right now

2014/1/29 0:04Profile

Re:

If Hitler did live, he couldn't do very much.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hitler%20alive&sm=3

2014/1/29 0:17
rainydaygirl

Re:

by Kpyee "You misunderstood me. When I asked for sinners to be removed by God I was referring to incorrigible sinners. Sinners who are so corrupted by sins they can no longer be purged."

--
how do you decide if someone is so corrupted by sin they can no longer be "purged"? isn't that a determination to be made by God alone? we are told to pray for the lost and to love our enemies, how can you pray for someones demise and still claim to love them?

rdg

2014/1/29 9:21Profile
KPYee

Re: rainydaygirl

I dont decide whether one should be terminated bodily .
I leave that to God . My prayers for hardened sinners are always loaded with pleas for God to save them. For God to pour His light into their hearts to enable a repentance. Nevertheless in recognition of obstinacy of sinful nature I will always end with a plea to God to remove them if they will not repent.

2) When I asked for sinners in high positions to be removed I wasnt strictly referring to removal by death . I had in mind of their removal by loss of office. as well Hardened sinners without high official positions would be more limited in capacity to do harm.

3) I know the thralldom of sins and difficulties in breaking from its captivity . I dealt with my own personal sins. I know how difficult it was to repent .I like to say to everyone if you think repentance is easy you havent repented at all ..
In Jeremiah God said "Can an Ethiopian change its skin or leopard its spot ? then may ye also do good who are accustomed to do evil" And then in Romans 7 Paul's famous wails over bondage of sins.. Sins once indulged in can very quickly become impossible to break. Look at the pedophile cases involving the priests and adulteries among the God fearing pastors. If they are entrapped in sins what are the chances for godless people in high offices with all the trappings and seductions of wealth and power become convicted of their sins ? Isaiah said to the people "Surely these sins will not be purged from you until you die"

2014/1/29 10:36Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

KPYee

when i was a little girl, i had an older brother who sexual abused me. he later went on to be a womanizer, alcoholic, and drug abuser. i do not keep in touch with him very often after all these years but i do pray for him to see his need for Jesus, to repent, and to turn from his sins. he is now well into his fifties and still i see no sign of change but i continue to pray and will do so as long as he lives. i say all this because over the years i have never felt led by God to pray for him to remove my brother because he has not repented. i pray for him to see his need for Jesus. its not for me to decided that he has had enough time and i never know what might happen even in those last few moments of his life that he might repent and cry out to God so i pray and leave the rest to God.

i have heard others share their testimonies of loved ones who were hard of heart and in sinful rebellion for most of their lives only to break and receive Jesus after years of faithful prayer by others. it seems to me that if i begin praying for God to "remove" someone then i am judging them to be beyond Jesus reach and will not do that.

these are just my thoughts on this. your earlier post did seem to imply you were asking for God to remove the president from more then just office, so thank you for clearly that up.
rdg

Editing my post: i realized that in my post i have gone way off topic from what the original poster meant for it to be so i wanted to say i am sorry for that. i was saddened to see the president say such things as he did and reading about it did remind me to be in prayer for him to see his need for Jesus and to repent and for those who are lost as well.

2014/1/29 11:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy