SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion
Posted on January 23, 2014

Obama is encouraging murder.
Check it out:

President Obama reflected on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade by encouraging Americans to recommit to the “guiding principles” of the 1973 Supreme Court decision.

According to Obama:

“Every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health. We reaffirm our steadfast commitment to protecting a woman’s access to safe, affordable health care and her constitutional right to privacy, including the right to reproductive freedom. And we resolve to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, support maternal and child health, and continue to build safe and healthy communities for all our children. Because this is a country where everyone deserves the same freedom and opportunities to fulfill their dreams.”

Hundreds of thousands joined the March for Life Wednesday to protest just such a recommitment to abortion. In fact, the majority of Americans support abortion restrictions.

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2014/01/obama-calls-nation-recommit-abortion/#iCtr7BIviqjL2i60.99

2014/1/23 14:14Profile

Re: Obama Calls on Nation to Recommit to Abortion

I thought this was a very succinct and perceptive observation by Michelle Bachmann regarding the President of the United States.

Because he did not enforce the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and now unilaterally adjusts the Obamacare law as it unfolds, President Barack Obama is sending a signal to liberal federal judges to mirror him and, as a result, the president's long-term legacy will be "the establishment of lawlessness in the United States," said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).
Bachmann also compared Obama's actions to those of former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi -- "whatever he said was law."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/bachmann-obama-s-legacy-establishment-lawlessness-united-states

This should concern all Christians and spur them to pray for "Kings and all men", because the end result of lawlessness is not a quiet and peaceable life for the church.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 1 Tim 2:1-3

2014/1/23 14:28
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Make no mistake, whatever popular culture is, it will impact the church unless it will say 'NO!" to prevailing philosophies that drive it.

DOMA has been dismissed as irrelevant, marriage between gays is the new 'norm' but will last only as long it takes to destroy the practice of marriage between one man and one woman then they will want to put away the idea of marriage of all kinds - live like cattle and hogs - breed with whatever happens to be in heat at the time!

The biggest weakness of the pro-life movement is their failure to aggressively address the moral issues of sexual purity. The thrust is to save ALL babies - ok, but then you end up with a lot of single moms with no regret for their sin. To save babies and at the same time teach these girls how they need to repent when they have a cute little baby in their arms is extremely difficult - they will tell you quickly God has blessed them with a child.

Now go figure how one should deal with this issue. These moral issues bedevil the church and one cannot blame the feds for it.

2014/1/27 10:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I do find it extremely odd that Obama, who is of mixed race but considers himself black, would call on a renewed effort to legitimize abortion.

Stats say blacks have more abortions percentage wise then whites. Experts are also saying blacks are not reproducing enough people to sustain their race in the USA. AND that close to 50% of black males will have been arrested by the time they are 23 YO! Social experts are very concerned about the future of blacks as a race in the USA. Does Obama not know?

2014/1/27 14:49Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

"And we resolve to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, support maternal and child health, and continue to build safe and healthy communities for all our children." - Barak Obama

What a horribly misguided and illogical statement; support child health and build safe and healthy communities for ALL our CHILDREN??? How does one go about claiming to support child health and help build a safe and healthy community for them if you just kill them while they are still in their mother's womb? More accurate would be that they don't want women to have to face the consequences of their actions so instead will sacrifice the children to molech for the sake of convenience...sad duplicitous language, committing bold-faced murder under the pretense of benevolence and righteousness...

The violence of the wicked will sweep them away,
because they refuse to do what is just.
Proverbs 21:7

2014/1/27 17:39Profile
KPYee

Re:

Obama asked that for the nation to recommit to abortion .I want to ask all Christians to commit themselves to pray on a daily basis for the Lord to remove him and those of his ilk who who support murders of the innocent. May the Lord look down on what they have done and punish them for their hideous sins

2014/1/27 20:03Profile
rainydaygirl

Re: can not join you in this prayer

by KPYee on 2014/1/27 20:03:58

Obama asked that for the nation to recommit to abortion .I want to ask all Christians to commit themselves to pray on a daily basis for the Lord to remove him and those of his ilk who who support murders of the innocent. May the Lord look down on what they have done and punish them for their hideous sins

-
KPYee i have been thinking on what you wrote here and i can not support it. i hate abortion too but we are told to pray for our leaders and that is what we need to be doing. the last thing you wrote in your post really troubles me, how can any christian ask the Lord to punish another for their sins? Weren't you and i both sinners at one time? would you want the Lord to look down on you and punish you for your sins? i know i don't want that. i can not join you in praying for God to punish another for their sins it would make me a hypocrite. instead i will pray that those who are in control will see their sin, see their need for Christ in their life, repent of their sins, turn from them and follow the Lord. We are all sinners and all need Christ no matter what the sin is.

i understand your grief for the the unborn but even someone who gets an abortion, performs an abortion, or supports abortion can repent, turn to Jesus and be forgiven if they cry out to Him.

rdg

2014/1/28 9:13Profile
KPYee

Re:

The Bible is full of imprecatory prayers . David through inspiration prayed many times for his enemies to be punished and even destroyed .So did many other prophets like Jeremiah. Sinners who would not be corrected should be punished and even removed. Tolerance for sins is a curse to the earth . Sins when surpassed beyond certain threshold will cause the earth to vomit us out . The Canaanites were removed for that reason . So was Israel and later Judah . Yes , I would want God to punish me for any sins I refuse to repent . I consider that a blessing . "whom the Lord loves he chastises" His prompt intervening punishment will keep me from the fires of hell . Sin is a curse . Unless repented off it will devastate mankind . We must plead with the Lord either to lead a sinner to repentance or remove him. A sinner who would not repent should be removed by the Lord

2014/1/28 10:07Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

kypee when i said i would not want God to punish me i was speaking with eternity in mind not as chastisement to bring me back to Him. as a sinner i was lost for a very long time but am thankful to those who prayed for me until God did His work in my life and opened my eyes and heart to Him. i am thankful to Him for saving me and for those He had praying for me to repent and see my need for Jesus.

i will pray and plead with God to open the eyes of the lost to help them see their need for Jesus and leave the rest to Him. God put the president in the position He is in now and we are instructed to pray for our leaders so that is what i will do. i pray those in control and in positions of power see their sin, see their need for Jesus and repent.

rdg

2014/1/28 11:39Profile
KPYee

Re:

Pray if they would not repent for them to be removed . Many sinners are too deep in their sins . They have lost all capacity to do good . They are reprobate silver as Jeremiah described Judah to be . " Surely these sins will not be purged from you until you die " Such sinners should be removed by the Lord . Not by us . Its a blessing to the world when such people are removed . It will "bring an end to transgression". Although I hope I am wrong I do believe many leaders at national level are beyond the pale of salvation . Corruption has gone too deep ..Like the pharisees whom Jesus accused of sinning against the Holy Spirit they cant be saved

2014/1/28 16:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy