SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lose Your Place in This World

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Lose Your Place in This World

The Lord has been impressing this upon me the last few days. So I thought I'd post it for others to ponder as well.

Are you willing to lose your place in this world? [b]Are you willing to be nothing so that Christ can be ALL?[/b]

Am I realy willing to let go of all my preconceived notions of what the Lord wants to do in and through me. How many times do we have these ideas of how the Lord is going to use us in this way or that way. And we come up dissappointed. But really it wasn't His idea in the first place, it was our own expectations.

Is the silent recognition from the Lord enough for me? Or do I desire that my deeds and "religion" be applauded and recognized before men.

"I am nothing more than a styrofoam cup, after drinking the water you simply crush it and throw it away. The cup is nothing, it's what the cup contains that is important." -C.Brogden

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/4 10:01Profile
Spitfire

Re: Lose Your Place in This World

Chanin, I love hearing from you. This is the crux of the matter:

Quote:
Is the silent recognition from the Lord enough for me? Or do I desire that my deeds and "religion" be applauded and recognized before men.

Here's the chorus to one of my favorite songs:

I've got to lay my life on down
I've got to give my life away
I want the love that I have for you
To shout through everything that I do
I want to be a living sacrifice

Love, Dian.

2005/4/4 21:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Chanin, what timing.. this really hit and ministered to me. I was just reading the scripture I posted below today.

Quote:

1 Thessalonians 2:4: But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, [b]not as pleasing men[/b], but God who tests our hearts.

Here is one of my favorite poems by H.F. Lyte:

Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee.
Destitute, despised, forsaken, Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition, all I’ve sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition! God and heaven are still mine own.

Let the world despise and leave me, they have left my Savior, too.
[b]Human hearts and looks deceive me[/b]; Thou art not, like them, untrue.
And while Thou shalt smile upon me, God of wisdom, love and might,
Foes may hate and friends disown me, show Thy face and all is bright.

2005/4/4 21:46Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Is any one else experiencing a sense of URGENCY in thier spirit?
Greg

2005/4/4 22:39Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Quote:
Am I realy willing to let go of all my preconceived notions of what the Lord wants to do in and through me. How many times do we have these ideas of how the Lord is going to use us in this way or that way. And we come up dissappointed. But really it wasn't His idea in the first place, it was our own expectations.

hey chanin, where have you been??? you know If you are willing to really let God do whatever he needs to do in you and through you, prepare to have your mind blown...I can say that in God's dealings with me lately, I have seen him do things that I never would have thought He could or would do. There is nothing like it...

2005/4/4 23:16Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:

I am. I feel on one hand the impedning judgement that looms right now. I also feel the grief that God feels concerning this and a frustration and despair toward those who hear the message and don't listen. God is angry people and the judgment is at hand, take hold of God in the spirit like never before lest you get swept away by the judgement.

2005/4/4 23:19Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:

All the time, now. Dian.

2005/4/5 6:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

This is great stuff Chanin, I have been thinking and meditating on these things over and over. We have to get to the self-abased point where we realize we are not going to impress the world or get recognization from it. The realization is:

John 15:18-19: If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. [b]If you were of the world, the world would love its own[/b]. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

We need to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, He is our strength and the lifter of our heads.

2005/4/5 13:23Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

powerful words of wisdom bro.

2005/4/5 15:18Profile
dohzman

A reflection of seperation

Your question and then your follow up was actually some what on my mind only from a different viewpoint earlier in March. I've been spending time examining prophesy spoken over America and the American churches. I watch these words I hear very closely, anyway my mind began wondering after I read a prophesy about the judgement of God on His church here in America. I was asking the Lord , "what about those who really love you above all else and are following you wholeheartedly"? My mind then began to be drawn to the scripture about Abraham who looked for a City who builder and maker was God(note: that's not a complete scripture quote but comes from the book of Hebrews ch 12). I reasoned that as long as we individually kept our sites on Jesus and followed Him we would be spared from the judgements that I'm sure will soon overtake the churches in America, In the same way Abraham looked we need to look. Excellant post Chanin, God Bless You Bro. Daryl

2005/4/5 18:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy