SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Stephen Harper vows loyalty to Israel in speech to Knesset

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Stephen Harper vows loyalty to Israel in speech to Knesset

Prime Minister Stephen Harper spoke fiercely in defence of Israel Monday, accusing critics of anti-Semitism, vowing to stand with the country, and drawing heckles from two legislators who eventually stormed out of his speech to the Knesset.

"Through fire and water, Canada will stand with you," Harper said in closing his speech to Israel's parliament, echoing a prayer that is said on Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.

The two hecklers, Ahmad Tibi and Abu Arar, are Arab-Israeli members of the Knesset from a small coalition party called Ra`am-Ta`al-Mada.

They walked out part way through the speech as Harper spoke out against what he said is anti-Semitic criticism of Israel.

The remaining legislators rose in a standing ovation for Harper, one of many throughout his speech, as the two hecklers left the Israeli parliament.

Harper is the first Canadian prime minister to address the Knesset.

In his speech, Harper spoke of the long ties between the two countries, and said Israel and Canada share the same democratic values.

read more: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stephen-harper-vows-loyalty-to-israel-in-speech-to-knesset-1.2503393

2014/1/20 19:56Profile

Re: Stephen Harper vows loyalty to Israel in speech to Knesset

really?

That has me beyond speechless with joy!!!

I might be dreaming, but could it be, that the next Holy Ghost Revival comes to Canada?

in terms of other nation states, Israel in many ways, stand alone....Today that changed...this might strange, but I wish I could give PM Harper a hug, and say "Baruch HaShem (Bless the Name) and Thank you sir"

Beloved Greg...thank you too, you brought some joy into my day, much love in Christ, your brother, neil

2014/1/20 20:38

Re:

Yes, and it is also very clear that the current leader of the "free" world is an enemy of Israel.

2014/1/21 6:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy