SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To Leave or Not to Leave - A Poll

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: LOL

Dear Servitude

LOL :-P, I want to thank you for stating that I am 'childless'. You are right I do not have any children. But I don't know what that has got to do with this post. Well I do know :o), I am sure you meant to say 'Childish', but I can assure that I was not being childish or insecure at all.

I wanted to know if people would prefer not seeing my posts on the subjects that I would submit.

But alot of the dialogue was conducted outside of this forum in which you do not see.

I was informed of Community Rules and such, which I am most greatful for the Administrator and the Moderator of this site for educating me.

You needed to see the broader picture in why I started this thread.

Thanks for your input.

Karl

2005/4/3 16:32
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The whole question begs for attention and shows the lack of personal humility and the desire for self attention. Take up the cross dude, deny yourself and follow Christ. This was a foolish post made by an insecure believer who needs to grow up.

I wouldn't give much credence to "servitudes" post.. It's his first one and posting in that way I am not looking forward to the rest. Please only participate in this forum "servitude" if you are going to be edifying and building up the body, I don't see much of Jesus in that comment.

2005/4/3 20:42Profile

Re:

Gee... If I based my leaving or staying on whether or not everyone agreed with me, I would have left the day after I started.

The truth is, there are many people here who will challenge what each of us believes. One of two things will happen:

1) We become more convinced that we are correct.

2) We become convinced that maybe we havent thought everything thru on a particular issue, and we [b]learn[/b] from others.

I think anyone who comes here without a teachable spirit will become very frustrated.

Krispy

2005/4/4 8:38
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Well done and said

Hey Krispy, thanks brother.

Trying to figure out where to put this, here or in the other post you have up...

Quote:
I think anyone who comes here without a teachable spirit will become very frustrated.

You hit the mark on that one...
Might we say it's a 'pride free zone'?

Do think that what Karl was expressing isn't out of selfish concern since talking with him a bit more, but out of sincerity, having seen much of the more uglier aspects that had been rearing their ugly heads in passing weeks.

I do find though a turning that is hopeful out of all this, a spirit of cooperation for the [i]whole[/i] and a willingness of some to help steer this back more towards the [i]thrust[/i] of what goes on here.

Thanks for your help brothers.

2005/4/4 9:18Profile

Re: Well done and said

Quote:
Hey Krispy, thanks brother.

Does this mean I'm in good graces again?? LOL

Krispy

2005/4/4 9:23
moreofHim

Re: wise in own eyes

The one main thing I have learned here at SI is forebearnace and not to be wise in my own eyes. I have grown in the fruits more than any wisdom- which is more important.

May we all continue to walk humbly before our God.

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/4/4 9:36Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

The trouble with SI, of course, is that it has developed into a cyber-fellowship. It has become a 'family' and families behave differently to acquaintances. We joke a little, and sometime too much. We bring out thoughts long before we have settled our own convictions on the matter. I do this with friends all the time. I am more cautious what I say in front of the younger members of a family. Sometimes I get it wrong; I think I did with my 'once justified?' thread. Finding the line between helpful provocation and irresponsible unsettling is not always easy to spot.

Prophetic schools have an enormous impact on our theories of revival. To get the predictions wrong and then link them to revival expectations is a sure fire route to disappointment and possible lasting damage. This is the reason that I have objected to strongly so the prophetic interpretations of Art Katz. He has built his views so strongly into his prophetic schedules that they are now inseparable. If he is wrong at the foundation, what of the building?

In the end this has to be Greg's call. He may consult but he cannot delegate. Our part is then to accept his call or to talk to him privately. As long as we are able to receive discipline this should not cramp honest discussion.

2005/4/4 12:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
The trouble with SI, of course, is that it has developed into a cyber-fellowship. It has become a 'family' and families behave differently to acquaintances. We joke a little, and sometime too much. We bring out thoughts long before we have settled our own convictions on the matter. I do this with friends all the time. I am more cautious what I say in front of the younger members of a family. Sometimes I get it wrong; I think I did with my 'once justified?' thread. Finding the line between helpful provocation and irresponsible unsettling is not always easy to spot.

In the end this has to be Greg's call. He may consult but he cannot delegate. Our part is then to accept his call or to talk to him privately. As long as we are able to receive discipline this should not cramp honest discussion.

Great post, brother. The family aspect is true for me. I feel connected to everyone here... agree or disagree. I also think the family aspect of it lends toward people letting their hair a little. But we should be mindful that tho there is a certain number of people who are members here... potentially hundreds of thousands of people could read what we write.

Honest discussion is a must. But we must always treat each other with love and respect. Be as strong as a rock in your convictions, but gentle as a dove in our conversation. I dont always do this myself, but I'm trying.

Krispy

2005/4/4 13:11

Re: teachable spirit

Krispy Wrote:

Quote:

A resounding AMEN Brother!!!!

Karl

2005/4/4 13:42

Re:

Does that mean your staying, brother Karl?? please please please...

Krispy

2005/4/4 13:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy