SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Mennonite Church USA Ordains First Openly Homosexual ‘Pastor’

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Mennonite Church USA Ordains First Openly Homosexual ‘Pastor’

Sadly, we keep seeing more and more apostasy these days. May His true remnant rise up in these dark times.

http://christiannews.net/2014/01/02/mennonite-church-usa-ordains-first-openly-homosexual-pastor/

2014/1/2 18:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Mennonite Church USA Ordains First Openly Homosexual ‘Pastor’

Yes, this issue is bringing a lot of division in the Mennonite Church - it shames the rest of of us who hold to the absolute authority of the WORD. Odd thing is, we are finding that a common history, that used to bond us, is no longer binding...
[EDIT] The end result is those who hold to the authority of the WORD no longer trust the liberal segment of the Mennonite Church.

Actually, this issue is just the most recent evidence in the Mennonite Church of logic displacing faith in the WORD, the LORD Jesus. That is all and everything.

2014/1/3 17:22Profile

Hi Oracio, this is one further sign that God is shaking all that can be shaken. The days of denominations have passed, institutions hang on, but their days have passed and God is raising that remnant. Who will forsake all? My brother is my brother in Christ, not any " ism," or " ite" but simply a fellow priest or priestess in a royal priesthood .......bro Frank

2014/1/3 23:31
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen, it certainly does seem like more and more denominations are apostatizing, putting more and more pressure on God's remnant to come out from among them and be separate. May we hear what the Spirit is saying in these last days. May we all come to that place in our lives where it's all about Jesus, not any isms, giving Him His proper place of Lordship in our hearts and lives and in our midst.

2014/1/4 23:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I must say, although part of me isn't shocked, I was pretty shocked at this. Especially considering how "conservative" the Mennonites appear to be. I must admit, I never studied the Mennonites much beyond their historical inception, as my interaction with them have been very minimal. So I guess I lack any serious point of reference. But dang, it is a bit shocking to read.

2014/1/6 7:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jimmy, there have been Mennonite Churches accepting unrepentant homos and lesbians for some time. What this article did was report on a lesbian being ordained to leadership.

It is this issue that is dividing the Mennonite church - big time. Those of us who are horrified at this turn of events are embarrassed to be known as 'Mennonites'. So, we wonder what should we call ourselves? Anabaptists? They call themselves that, too. Christians? Cults call themselves that, too. Believers? ditto. Oh, well, God knows who we are and I reckon that is the most important thing. But it does confuse the ignorant.

2014/1/6 16:41Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: /// must say, although part of me isn't shocked, I was pretty shocked at this. Especially considering how "conservative" the Mennonites appear to be.///

Mennonite USA are not the plain or old order Mennonite's as what many think of when they here the word Mennonite.

My wifes sister and husband belong to a Mennonite fellowship which has left their denomination over this issue and other such issues.

The church of the brethren is dealing with the same problem, These denominations have left the true Gospel for the social gospel. Their fellowships are no longer united by Christ but instead by pacifism.

Mennonite USA no more represents the views of Menno Simons than that of what the United Methodist Church represents that of Wesley, nor does the COB represent the views of that of Alexander Mack.

2014/1/6 19:10Profile

Re:

"Mennonite USA no more represents the views of Menno Simons than that of what the United Methodist Church represents that of Wesley, nor does the COB represent the views of that of Alexander Mack...:
I think this is part of the modern problem. We belong to a denomination more then we belong to Christ! Here is what the Apostel Paul wrote:
1 Corinthians 2
And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 2For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. 3I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling,…
So the problem really is that we are loosing sight of that "old rugged cross" as our true foundation.
In Galatians 6:14 Paul writes:
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blessing to all of you!
Markus http://followthenarrowway.blogspot.co.nz/

2014/1/7 3:23

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy