Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pray for the Pope

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: Pray for the Pope

Ironman you wrote;
"after the death of this pope any day now given his condition, we will all have to hold onto God in the spirit like never before. After He dies there will be 1 or 2 more popes before the end of days begins in earnest. Be ye ready brethren".

Are you refering to "The Prophecy of St. Malachy" wherein he said that he had a vision that from whomever was pope at his living in the 12th century that from then there would only be 112 Popes till the end of the times? ... If so, then perhaps it might be better to state "After he dies there supposedly (according to whomever) will be 1 or 2 more popes" ... But St. Malachy alledgedly did prophesy such meaning that the now deceased John Paul II was the 110, that the next Pope's identifying slogan would be "Gloria olivae" which some have suggested means that this Pope could be of darker skin, perhaps African (Cardinal Arinze), or even Jewish (Cardinal Lustiger), and that the last Pope's (in agreement with Nostrodamus) would reign at the same time as the anti-christ ...

As with all prophecies time will tell, and the only ones that we can totally count on as truth even before they happen are all recorded in the infallible Word of God ... But in the sake of interest sake you might find this interesting ...

The Future and the Popes
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm

Also you may want to check out my post on ...
Catholic Apparitions: St. Malachy, Fatima & Garabandal?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3921&forum=35#26234

2005/4/3 14:52Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Greg is that really you who even mentioned Nostradamus? ... :-o

Quote:
"I do think that this will be the last pope, Nostradamus prophiesed that this would be a dark pope, not that his words have that much credence its still intresting none the less".

Is this the same brother Greg when i posted this thread ...

Catholic Apparitions: St. Malachy, Fatima & Garabandal?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3921&forum=35#26234

... who posted this warning back to me? ... :-P

Quote:
"The problem in my mind to accept any prophecies from people involved heavily popery which is in spurgeons words a very "devilish abomination" in the nostrils of God. There are forsure people who are genuinely born-again within Catholism but a majority that are decieved under the traditions of men that make the power of God to none-effect.

For people to read into these things is very dangerous and vering very far off the foundation of Christ. The instution of the "pope" is unscriptural and something that is not under the econonmy of God for the church. The countless millions of saints that were killed and their blood shed for a true profession of Christ should tell us enough about this harlot called the catholic church".

Hmmmmm ... Am i missing a difference between Nostradamus and St. Malachy, or have you since then
come to the conclusion that these alledged prophecies are at least interesting as i stated before in the afore mentioned thread ... :-?

There are some new conclusions that i've come to since the death of John Paul II, and i've posted them over on the afore mentioned thread ... ;-)

2005/4/3 15:26Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

angyl be comin out swingin...

2005/4/4 0:38Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro rahman
I was referring to that prophecy of st malachy. I think more importantly I'm feeling a sense of imminent judgement which will usher in the tribulation. I read the article on the future popes and it seemed like it was leaning to the catholic side and lo and behold, at the end of the article was a link to catholic planet. The article seems to stretch out the tribulation over several centuries ( I may be wrong if I am correct me) rather than seeing it all completed in the 7 yrs outlined in revelation.

I will be looking into the discussion on st malachy et al.

2005/4/4 1:02Profile
Rahman

Let God be Found True ...

Ironman you wrote;
"more importantly I'm feeling a sense of imminent judgement which will usher in the tribulation".

Amen ... As you already know i do too! ... That's what i've been hearing for the past 20 years, with an increase in urgency in the last 5, and now quiet, what i believe to be the "interlude" before the storm, and my new assignment ... :-D

You continued:
"I read the article on the future popes and it seemed like it was leaning to the catholic side and lo and behold, at the end of the article was a link to catholic planet. The article seems to stretch out the tribulation over several centuries ( I may be wrong if I am correct me) rather than seeing it all completed in the 7 yrs outlined in revelation".

Yes, that's why i suggested it only for "interest" sake and no more ... Yes it is from the Catholic side as so many of the websites regarding the popes are ... And as for the stretching out of the Tribulation/Great Tribulation period over a much longer time than the truth of the Revelation's 7 years is more than likely concluded from Nostradamus' prophecies which project the same ... To me his missing the mark on the Tribulation period was a real red flag that apparently he wasn't operating under the same Spirit that inspired the Revelation ... God does not contradict Himself ...

Here's another thought that came to me as i was pondering the reasons behind Catholic apparitional prophecies ... We all know that satan copies everything that God does ... i believe that many of the vision(s) and prophecies that come forth from the saints in evangelical/pentecostal circles regarding "words" of impending chastisement are true, and are designed by God to give us a chance to voluntarily galvanize back to a more perfect fear of Him via repentance and a return to purer worship and holiness of living which scripture shows (as with Nineveh) does stay the hand of His terrible grace ... Well i now think satan does the same thing in Catholic circles to galvanize Catholics back to what they percieve as a more perfect fear of the Lord by retrenching even more stridently into the doctinal ways of error of The Church of Rome ... The former fear being God's way of attempting to drive we Protestants out of our heretical errors, the latter fear being satan's way of driving Catholics even further into their heritical error ...

Another thing that has struck me even more since the Popes death is all of the pomp, ritual and circumstance attached to The Church of Rome, and all of the oppulence and materialism there as well ... Then i flicked thru Christian TV and on many instances arrived just in time to hear someone say "plant a seed here and God will ..." or "send your love gift here and God will ..." and have become even more convinced that the only difference between apostate Catholicism and apostate Protestantism is that The Church of Rome is full of Medival "mammon" and so much of Protestanism has become full of Modern "mammon", but both are guilty of attemting to serve God and mammon at the same time ... In The Church of Rome totally, and in far to much of Protestantism the wicked spirits of Balaam, Nicolaus and Jezebel has crept in lording over, false prophesying, and misleading so many Christians to secumb under, follow hard after and to lie in beds of spiritual fornication ... What have we all as mankind become guilty of in our disfigurement of the simplicity of our Christ and His Gospel of "lighter yoke" grace ... To me there ain't nothing "light" about the type of so much so called Christianity going forth today ... It's heavy, burdensome and costly with all of the formulas, gimmicks and theatrics that have become attached to it, as brother Wilkerson stated in his message "Walking in The Spirt", producing man made special effects to give suggestion of the presence of Holy Spirit ... It's any wonder that such perpertrators are not struck dead on the spot in such blasphemy, and i'll not be surprised when even that begins to transpire ...

So if in fact as we Protestants are so quickly to brag about, in comparison of ourselves to Catholics, are God's true Church, the one that He chastises because of His great love for us, the one that He intends to bring to Himself as having neither spot nor wrinkle, then we'd best know that judgment must begin with us "first" if we keep on in our habitual error, refusing to voluntarily get right with Jesus! ... Our God is so good in that He sends "warners" anyway even tho He already knows the the "warnings" will not be heeded by most, and that it will require His terrible grace to fall upon us to cleanse us from "our way" and put us aright again to His own "perfect way" ... Praise Him that unlike satan's prophecies His are not empty lies that will eventually leave its believer discarded upon the trash heap of disappointment ...

2005/4/4 10:50Profile
Rahman

Re: Pray for the Pope

Ironman,

You might find this interesting ...

THE BACK PEDDLING BEGINS ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3921&forum=35

Br. R

2005/4/5 9:59Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro rahman
It has been shown to me i many ways that the church of Rome is built on a foundation of many lies and varies blasphemies. It exaults itself as the authority on matters concerning God. I deeply believed in that once until God began to deal with me concerning that. I have since become rather synical of the church and now not at all in support of it. Of course there are those who are close to me who are still caught up in it. It's a hard thing to talk about, God has yet to move me to speak against it with these people. I expect much resistance on that front.

We those people were right about one thing, we have entered a new era. I mean people have such incredible reverence for this man, incredible reverence for the church of rome and it's images, it's system which takes glory away from God and keeps it for itself.

anyway brethren I must say this, after all the news on the pope, (even on the tabloid channels such as entertainment tonight) I am really all Poped out...

2005/4/5 13:11Profile

Re: pray for the pope.......he's dead!

I am sorry I ain't no Catholic, therefore, I cannot pray for the dead.

Karl 8-)

2005/4/5 15:40

Re: Vatican's Secret Library

I'd just love to know what is in that secret library that Rome don't want the world to know about.

We should get a search warrant.

Karl

2005/4/5 15:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy