SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christmas Day bombings in Iraq’s capital kill 37

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christmas Day bombings in Iraq’s capital kill 37

Militants in Iraq targeted Christians in three separate Christmas Day bombings in Baghdad, killing at least 37 people, officials said Wednesday.

In one attack, a car bomb went off near a church in the capital’s southern Dora neighborhood, killing at least 26 people and wounding 38, a police officer said.

read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/officials-car-bomb-kills-15-near-baghdad-church/2013/12/25/560764d2-6d4b-11e3-a5d0-6f31cd74f760_story.html

2013/12/26 13:28Profile
docs

Re: Christmas Day bombings in Iraq’s capital kill 37

If the news is correct, in one instance they targeted a group of Christians leaving a service. The truth be told, from its beginnings Muhammad's religion has always generated and even advocated a great deal of animosity against Christians. This is really not somethng new but really the same ole anomisity showing itself in a modern setting with a great deal more to come I'm thinking.

2013/12/27 6:51Profile
turn

USA

Watch and pray.

Watch some more. Pray some more.

Our Father who art in heaven sits in the highest place with the highest authority and unlimited power.

Based on the common deficiencies in the quality and quantities of the prayers of God's people, consider the degree to which good things fail to happen and evil flourishes in the vacuum. Pray for Lebanon. Have a care for the churches as did the Apostle Paul. Pray for all men. Pray for kings and for all in authority (1 Timothy 2).

Pray to fill the gaps in relationship between God and mankind. Pray to fill the gaps between the needs of mankind (spiritual, soulish, physical, etc.) and Almighty God's complete ability to provide.

Pray for the justification of lost souls. Pray for the sanctification of God's people. Pray for your family. Pray for yourself.

Pray for justice. Pray for mercy.

Pray the prayers that Jesus prayed in John 17.

Find guidance for prayer in the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation.

Watch and pray.

2013/12/27 8:08Profile

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak" (Eph. 6:10-20).

2013/12/27 8:57

Re: Prayer Call

We have been praying for the persecuted church on a nightly prayer call through out the month of December. This call is open to anyone who so desires to cone on and pray with us.

Time of call is.......
9pm Eastern
8pm Central
7pm Mountain
6pm Pacific

Call number and access are.......
559.726.1300.......340296#

Please join us if you are so led. For the prayer if a righteous man or woman can accomplish much.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch
Eph. 6:18

2013/12/27 12:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy