SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terry Schiavo Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
The answer is simple - money.

Wow...interesting judgement. Especially considering that Michael turned down offers of MILLIONS of dollars from people all over this country to simply walk away and leave her to her parents.

Now I wonder why a selfish, money-grubbing husband wouldn't have taken all those millions and just run with it?

Oh yeah...maybe he was more concerned with honoring his wife's wishes.

2005/3/31 20:15Profile
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
hey yu know I heard that some other people died in that same hospice yesterday and today and some of the families didn't get to be with their loved one because of all the madness outside. anyone heard about this or can back it up?

It's true. I'd heard of one of these stories, at least, reported on the news. Wonder why the vitriolic "Terri's fans" crowd is so silent on this issue of how they directly prevented people from getting to spend last moments with their loved ones?

2005/3/31 20:18Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
It's true. I'd heard of one of these stories, at least, reported on the news. Wonder why the vitriolic "Terri's fans" crowd is so silent on this issue of how they directly prevented people from getting to spend last moments with their loved ones?

that sucks...

2005/4/1 0:15Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
I agree - this was murder. I have strong doubts that Terri ever discussed being in a vegetative state with her husband. If he cared so much about her "wishes", why did he wait until he shacked up with another woman before he even brought it up? Why didn't he divorce Terri? The answer is simple - money. If he truly cared about her, he would have been by her bedside instead of living in sin with another woman and would have allowed Terri to undergo therapy so she could have lived a more enjoyable life.

Careful Dixierain. Any insinuation that Michael Schiavo had any ulterior motives for wanting Terri to die are likely to upset those of us who believe Judge Greer considered all evidence available and made the correct decision. We all know that judges are valiant defenders of the constitution and none bring their personal biases and political views to the bench when they hear their cases. There is certainly no evidence that this nation's judges are engaged in any way in any type of activism. This is a baseless claim made by far right-wing conservatives who are upset that judges are forcing them to pay taxes and exploit as many workers as they can. With the exception of Roe vs. Wade and a few judges in Massachusetts and Louisiana declaring bans on gay marriage unconstitutional(and subsequently demanding marriage licenses be granted) after 80% of voters voted for the offensive ban, our judges have a remarkable track record! In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen a judge overstep his bounds and actually write a Law into existence outside of the Abortion and Gay Marriage issues!

No Dixierain, you may have been bothered by Judge Greer’s decision but his decision is not the issue. What really matters is that he followed the letter of the Law in making his decision. So long as he adhered to proper evidentiary and hearing procedures, his decision is not to be questioned. The appeals courts had confirmed and reconfirmed that Judge Greer followed proper procedure in reaching his decision. Therefore, no rehearing of any new evidence or testimony was necessary. Although new evidence may have been available, it is not something commonly allowed in cases such as these. Only in cases involving criminals are you allowed to rehear a case based on new evidence. Furthermore, questioning the decision would be implying doubt as to his ability to make sound judgments. Judge Greer has confirmed to us that Terri’s wishes were represented fairly by her loving, steadfast husband in this case. The Bible confirms to us that earthly courts are always fair, impartial, and sound in their judgment. Despite a few bad decisions here and there towards Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter and the rest of the Apostles, earthly courts have impeccable records.

Michael was still her husband and that means God has made a bond that can not be broken. Who are you to say their marriage was null and void? There's absolutely no scriptural support that marriages are to be dissolved under any circumstances. Jesus may have made passing remarks about the seriousness of adultery but surely that doesn't apply to husbands who are unable to copulate with their wives. We can't question a loving husband's motives who has fathered two children by another woman(Terri also told him not to worry about staying by her side for the "worse” part of “for better or worse”. She advised him over passing conversation one night while wrapping Christmas presents that Michael was to find a new companion if she were ever bed ridden). There was absolutely no evidence of possible domestic abuse from x-rays performed shortly after her "incident" and no evidence of prior conversations between Terri and other family members where Terri indicated she may have wanted to file for divorce. You are crazy if you believe anything her family says because they are obviously biased.

Michael consitently showed us that he was going to continue to fight on Terri's behalf despite lucrative opportunities to “walk away” and leave Terri helpless and suffering with her selfish parents. In 2004, after 7 years of court cases and claims that Terri wanted to die, Michael turned down millions of dollars to grant a divorce which shows us his undying compassion for Terri and her wishes. It would have been so easy to have taken the money after spending several hundred thousand dollars fighting for Terri's ‘right-to-die’ in court. There would have been no speculation of any kind about his motives had he taken the money. Money is the root of all evil. Michael turned down the root of all evil. Therefore, Michael is not evil.

There were no doctors who contradicted claims that Terri was anything other than a vegetable. There was no testimony from any nurses, family or friends that Michael was anything other than an incredibly loving guardian. Even at her death, as George Felos his attorney eloquently told us, "Michael held her in his arms as she died". The Schindlers were not allowed in the room at this time because this was an extremely private moment between Michael, the love of his life Terri, the police officer guarding the door, and Michael's attorney (ultimately Terri's freedom fighter), George Felos.

There was, however, clear and convincing evidence that Terri specifically requested to be allowed to starve to death if ever in a helpless incapacitated condition. If her life were ever in such a state that food and water were necessary to keep her alive she specifically asked her husband to "pull the plug". It may have been during an episode of E.R. or Friends, Michael can’t recall. Details such as these don’t matter when discussing monumental decisions such as life support and courses of action to take when one spouse is incapacitated. The important thing is that she specifically stated to Michael that she never wanted to be like Alzheimer patients, amputees, infants, and those with severe mental impairments who are required to be fed food and water with assistance or artificially. Terri was dead in every sense of the word except for the fact that her heart still continued to beat and occasionally her body twitched. The highly skilled, unbiased doctors that Michael lovingly hand selected for Terri have informed us that the videos of Terri are extremely misleading. Although one may mistakenly be led to believe that Terri was aware of her surroundings, this is actually an illusion --a simple series of reflexes to the motions around her body. The 33 neurologists who stepped forward on behalf of Terri’s parents and claimed she was aware and was not in a vegetative state were all biased and incredibly selfish. How could they not see that this woman was obviously a breathing vegetable and should be put out of her misery? What was their motive? Couldn't they see that she was on life support and that death was imminent? They must have been right-wing religious zealots. How else could you explain their claims? Neither were there calls from left-wing politicians to reinsert the tube. Ralph Nader, Joe Lieberman, and a few other democrats who supported reinsertion of the tube don’t compare with the overwhelming majority of those “right-wing extremist zealots”.

You will be comforted to know that many bioehticists (scientists in charge of advising us if medical treatment, or lack thereof, is ethical or not) have confirmed that Terri died a painless, peaceful death. There was no need to hasten the death by lethal injection as this would have been considered ethically questionable. Anything “unnatural” is not ethical. Anything “natural” is quite ethical. Any bioethicists will tell you that lethal injection is assisted suicide which is illegal and may even be viewed as murder. No. By withholding food and water we absolve ourselves from the awkwardness of actually taking an active part in her death.

In the end, this was Terri’s victory. I’m glad she’s finally dead and out of her misery.

2005/4/1 3:23Profile
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Re:

Psalm 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Psalm 9:18 But the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted ever perish.

The Bible says nothing about torturing the needy or helpless for 13 days until they die.

If you had a baby and that baby was brain damaged, would you be justified in not feeding it? Would you just let it starve to death? Or would you feed your baby, nurture it, and love it regardless of it being helpless?

Terri was somebody's baby. And her parents were willing to spend their lives taking care of her. Nobody knew what Terri's wishes were, except God. I'm sorry, but I have to believe her parents over her "loving" husband.

2005/4/1 8:05Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
In the end, this was Terri’s victory. I’m glad she’s finally dead and out of her misery

This statement is strait up madness. You regard the woman as if she were a horse with a broken leg or something. Anyone talking this trash ever work with people like Terry? Ever minister to them? If not, I've heard enough!!

2005/4/1 8:12Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If you had a baby and that baby was brain damaged, would you be justified in not feeding it? Would you just let it starve to death? Or would you feed your baby, nurture it, and love it regardless of it being helpless?

Terri was somebody's baby. And her parents were willing to spend their lives taking care of her. Nobody knew what Terri's wishes were, except God. I'm sorry, but I have to believe her parents over her "loving" husband.

There are many thousands of people in this nation that are in Terri's condition and God knows each of them- even the very hairs of their head. A group of folks that I have been called to minister with now for over 10 years have ministered to the elderly and the like in nursing homes. Now I am beginning to see why so few nursing homes have Christians coming to see these helpless people and share the Gospel with them. They believe they need to be just taken out back and shot I suppose? What would Christ have said to such reprobates? This site is about repentance isn't it? REPENT of this wickedness!!! Turn from your pharisaical pretentious ways and minister to the needy. Stop with the hypocrisy. I have heard enough. I have heard all the talk- when are we going to see Jesus Christ in the lives of people? I am up to my neck in worthless dead religion and pretense. Where is the love for the unlovable? Where is the pure religion? Who is visiting the fatherless and the widows in their affliction? I'll tell you what, I want no part of such religion that cannot love the helpless. Where is the compassion? Out of sight out of mind? Hmmm? There out there! They are in your towns and cities by the thousands. They are locked up in beds and wheelchars unable to feed themselves. They have forgotten what it means to eat and need fed or they will starve to death. They don't remember their names anymore or their kids names. Some their kids simply tell the nurses- call me when their dead and I'll come up. You have no idea who have not been there. You shoud look into these things. Many of these people were pastors and Sunday school teachers. Many have served God for over 70 years and now theu can't even beg, borrow, or steal a sermon or a word from the Bible. Enough is enough.

2005/4/1 8:32Profile

Re:

Boy, Matt25... If I didnt know any better I'd think someone got your dander up! :-)

By the way, brother, you cited that as far as you can recall Roe-v-Wade and the homosexual marriage rulings were the only instances that justices overstepped their boundaries. I am not informed enough to confirm if that was the only time this happened... but isnt it interesting that those two instances are both issues that God is highly offended by. Abortion laws have resulted in the murder of untold millions of unborn babies. Homosexuality is an abomination to God, and in the OT was punishable by death. (NO... I'm not in any way suggesting we kill homosexuals! We live in a different dispensation now.)

[b]IF[/b] those are the only two issues they have overstepped their boundaries on... I'd say thats pretty horrible.

But lets not forget the higher court's warped interpretation of "Seperation of Church and State", and the rulings that have come down on that.

Krispy

2005/4/1 8:32
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Re:

Quote:
Michael was still her husband and that means God has made a bond that can not be broken. Who are you to say their marriage was null and void? There's absolutely no scriptural support that marriages are to be dissolved under any circumstances. Jesus may have made passing remarks about the seriousness of adultery but surely that doesn't apply to husbands who are unable to copulate with their wives. We can't question a loving husband's motives who has fathered two children by another woman(Terri also told him not to worry about staying by her side for the "worse” part of “for better or worse”.

Are you kidding me? The Bible says "Thou shalt not commit adultery". Do you seriously think that God thinks its just fine to cheat on your wife just because she is brain damaged? "Passing remarks"? It's one of the Ten Commandments for Pete's sake!! If Michael was so "loving" and their marriage was a "bond" that could not be broken, then he certainly would NOT have moved in with another woman and fathered children with her. Oh yes, I certainly can question his motives ... I just can't judge him. But rest assured, God certainly will!

2005/4/1 8:39Profile

Re:

If Terry was capable of doing so, she had every right to divorce [b]him[/b]. Scripture allows for that. He is a fornicator.

He took a vow that said "Till death do us part", and he didnt keep that either.

We're supposed to believe him? Thanks to Bill Clinton, this country has adopted a "character doesnt matter" attitude.

Krispy

2005/4/1 8:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy