SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : THE BEREAN EXPOSITOR !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

THE BEREAN EXPOSITOR !

Recently, I located a library in my neighbourhood with a large amount of "old books." Since I'm always fascinated by d "wisdom of d ancients", I took time to go thru their stock and found a series of books entitled "D Berean Expositor."

I was attracted by such a challenging title from Bro C H Welch and decided to buy d Volume 1 so I would go thru it first to know its theology. Also asked d store keeper to reserve all d volumes for me as I'd come to get them.

I'm experiencing a great difficult in my attempt to really place this "Expositor" where he belongs as it keeps baffling most other conventional interpretations of d Holy Writ.

At d interim, his seems to me like d ministry of Ishmael, in which his "sword (or word) seems to be against everyman and every man's sword seem to be against him."

I know I still need more of d volumes to properly understand this "Expositor" since d Vol 1 had been more of introductory. But now I feel very reluctant to go back for more.

Please can someone kindly help me understand Bro Welch's theology better! Especially his insistence on dispensationalism built around Acts 28.

Should Brother Emeka lower his guards for this "Expositor" from a far country ?

2013/12/8 6:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: THE BEREAN EXPOSITOR !

For those not aware of this speaker:

Charles Henry Welch (called C. H. Welch) (1880-1967) was a Christian dispensational theologian, writer and speaker.
During his lifetime he produced over 60 books, booklets and pamphlets, and more than 500 audio recordings. His most significant works are 56 bound volumes of the Berean Expositor,[1] a Bible study magazine edited by Mr. Welch from 1906 until his death in 1967, and 10 volumes of The Alphabetical Analysis.[2] He also taught his dispensational approach of the Bible with lectures throughout Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Canada and the United States.
Welch promoted the Acts 28 [3] position which he believed "is indeed of the utmost dispensational importance to the believer today. It marks a frontier." [3] He believed the dispensational truths of the Acts period (29 - 62 AD) differed greatly from those written after the Acts period, (see Meeting with Dr. Bullinger below).

read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Welch

---

Dear brother,

The view of dispensationalism that the gifts of the Spirit and allow working of the Gifts such as prophets and apostles have ceased is not Biblical. Though there is a great abuse in our day of what is "prophetic" and "apostolic" does not take away its truth. Dispensationalists try many things to proof their theories but Christian practical experience around the world where ever the Church is growing such as the underground Church in China, etc proves them clearly wrong.

2013/12/8 7:44Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

Thank you Brother Greg Sir!

2013/12/15 15:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy