SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : *Special* Book by Dr. Michael L. Brown "Authentic Fire: A Response to John MacArthur's Strange Fire"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Re:

RE: Lysa

Probably the best comment I have read anywhere in a long time.

2013/12/4 18:26Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
but Peter still was able to yield to the Spirit. right? I think Peter could write down 1 Peter and feel peace about having exactly what God led him to write in front of him, before he sent it out.

By flesh I did not mean sin or stumbling. Though a spirit filled man can still stumble (like Peter), that is not what I meant in my post. By Flesh I meant human intelligence. For example a speaker might be lead by Spirit to speak God's word as a sermon but there is a possibility of him to add certain things out of his own intelligence, which the spirit did not direct him to speak. What he spoke may not be wrong or sinful, may be truth but might be unwanted at that moment. I have experienced such thing myself and have witnessed the same from others. A Godly man who knows his limitation will always pray with fear and trembling that he does not speak of his own when given an opportunity. Apostle Paul preached with fear and trembling to gentiles so that Christ alone might be Glorified by what he spoke and not trust on his wisdom that he received under Gamaliel.

We cannot apply the same logic to scripture because first of all we all believe scripture is preserved by God though written by men.

I don't want to keep defending myself here. Please forgive me if my post hurt anyone. I think I defended myself too much which was again clear indication of pride in me. I have repented and put this topic to rest.

2013/12/4 21:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
By flesh I did not mean sin or stumbling. Though a spirit filled man can still stumble (like Peter), that is not what I meant in my post. By Flesh I meant human intelligence.

Ok now i get your meaning. that makes a lot of sense in terms of how we all err in relying on our intelligence rather than faith/Spirit at times.

2013/12/4 21:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy