SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Feeling Thankful...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bluinos

Feeling Thankful...

Feeling Thankful, is one of the BEST emotion you could possibly have today. I am thankful for many things and many people in my life. On a day like today I believe it's important to let them know how much you love and remember them, always..

I wanted to share with SI something that blessed me so much, yesterday. The bible says; train up your children in the ways of the Lord, and when they grow older they shall not depart (Prov 22:6). Depart from what you may ask? Well, it depends on what you have instilled in your child /children. I have taught mine, from a very young age the importance of fearing God and the meaning of Repentence. I have a Son! And last night He came into my room, wanting to confess something to me. I was amazed at how difficult it was for him to open up his heart and to share. Like all teens and pre-teens the social media plays a big part of our youth. My Son, began by confessing that he had broken a rule, he found himself speaking to someone he did not know. The conversation was not an honourable one, it did not go on for very long. He began to share with me how He felt that, he was speaking to the devil. He said, Mom I didn't feel right... Mom, this was a test! But Mom, I found myself engaged in the conversation and Mom, I feel terriable. This was a test, He said. Yes, My Son it was. I was amazed and my Spirit rejoiced, at his conviction and how quickly he confessed and repented. My Son is almost an adult not yet, but soon. I like what Paul Washer teaches that you are not considered an adult until you are able to pay a bill. I strontly agree. However, Education comes first. This is another rule we believe. I would like to continue in sharing with SI, what I believe pretty much sums up this verse, train up your children in the ways of the Lord and when they grow older they shall not depart. My Son at a very young age, as I was training him to fear God, knew that his Mom prayed. God always came first in my home and he pretty much would see me put into practice what I myself had witness first hand from my Leaders. The Importance of Prayer. I remember that he did something and I was so upset, because I wanted him to admit to me what he did. I told him, "I am going to Pray Right Now and if God tells me that you are trying to lie or hide something from me, you are going to be in so much trouble, I said. I'm going to pray." My Son was so afraid that He said, "Mom no! Mom please don't pray. Mom I know God will tell you the truth, Mom. Okay Mom, I did! Mom, I'm so sorry, please forgive me." (He hid my car keys)... I have many memories and wish that I would have video taped alot of his earlier years, because they were truly so amazing. Sometimes difficult, and others so humerous and beautiful. Our children are not perfect, and just like we go through different stages in our Faith and growing in the Lord, so do they. We must give them room to grow, room to sometimes fall short of the Glory of God so that they can truly experience repentence. It's not easy but we must trust the Word of God. Some one once taught me that we can not hold our children's hand and lead them into Heaven. We can only guide them in the right path. It will truly be up to them and there relationship in Christ Jesus. One more thing that I truly believe in and that is to Honor your Father and your Mother, which is one of our commandments, this is another rule in my Home....

2013/11/28 14:45Profile
bluinos

Re: Feeling Thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving

2013/11/28 14:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy