SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : All You Xanga People Out There

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

All You Xanga People Out There

I noticed several forum posters have a xanga blog site. If you are interested I have created a blogring for those of us who belong to Sermonindex also.

For those of you who don't know, Xanga is an online journal where you can post your personal thoughts and reflections or engage in serious writing.

2005/3/30 15:51Profile

Re: All You Xanga People Out There

Quote:
you can post your personal thoughts and reflections or engage in serious writing.

You mean we're not doing that here?

Krispy

2005/3/30 16:09
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
You mean we're not doing that here?

Well, most the time;-), but it's not a forum so it's set up in a totally different format.

I just noticed that several SI members had a xanga site so I was letting them know that I set up a Sermonindex blogring in case they wanted to join.

2005/3/30 16:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I noticed several forum posters have a xanga blog site. If you are interested I have created a blogring for those of us who belong to Sermonindex also.

I am thinking that Jeremy is saying that anyone who is a member on this site and has an xanga site should post it in this thread and we can have a list in the first post of all the sites.. therefore it becoming sort of a blog ring for all the blog sites of SI members.

I think its a cool idea.. I know Chanin and Jesse M. has an xanga blog. :-P

2005/3/30 16:56Profile
moreofHim

Re: xanga

Arielle and I are already members of the SI blogring. :-) and I know Paul (dezcall) is too. It's a nice way to reach other christians too.

In Him, Chanin

2005/3/30 16:59Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

what is the purpose of a blogring? Sounds like that creature from Lord of the Rings! Can you give me a URL that I can visit?

2005/3/30 17:05Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Ron,

We're talking about www.xanga.com

A blog is like an online journal/news/personal deep thoughts/way for your friends to keep up with what's going on in your life...etc...etc.

It's basically what you make of it. Several blogs have become quite popular like www.challies.com I guess another way to describe it is a place where you can share your opinion and take on things as you see it and others can read it.

A blogring is a group of people who share common a common interest (i.e. Sermonindex) and write blogs that's the best way I can describe it. Joining a blogring makes it easier for those who share your interest to keep up with you and you with them. My alterior motive is to have a presence on xanga.com that will get more people to check out SI 8-).

2005/3/30 17:13Profile
moreofHim

Re: xanga blogring

Quote:
A blogring is a group of people who share common a common interest

I started a blogring called Absolute Surrender a while back. It started out with just three people. I hoped there would be other christians out there who were looking to surrender to the Lord completely and to share their hunger for the Lord.

For quite a while there were no new members and then one day they just started signing up. Now there are 15. It is a blessing to be able to share this common ground with others and to see those who are truly interested in growing in their faith. (sometimes others may not be exactly where you are on their journey, but you just share what you know and pray and trust)

I am thinking of starting a new one called The Deeper Christian Life. I have another one called "He Must Increase" and I was going to shut it down today, but this morning i got on there and a new girl had signed up and had posted a whole thing about Him increasing in her life and how she wanted more of Him. So, i guess that answered that. :) It is neat to see how the Lord works like that.

It can be a sort of ministry if you want it to be.

In Him, Chanin

2005/3/30 17:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
what is the purpose of a blogring? Sounds like that creature from Lord of the Rings! Can you give me a URL that I can visit?

Ah! the term blog ring is that you can have many links on the left hand side of [b]your blog[/b] and these links can link to other blogs. The idea is that you link to others that link to you and therefore make an connection like an ring. The cool thing is if all the people that use xanga.com from SI put links up to other SI members and also links back to www.sermonindex.net ;-) then more people are led to SI and also SI member blogs.

Thats one reason why there is traffic to the SI website is that other websites are linking to SermonIndex.

2005/3/30 20:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am thinking of starting a new one called The Deeper Christian Life. I have another one called "He Must Increase" and I was going to shut it down today, but this morning i got on there and a new girl had signed up and had posted a whole thing about Him increasing in her life and how she wanted more of Him. So, i guess that answered that. :) It is neat to see how the Lord works like that.

WOW Chanin! that sounds great. Can you put links to all of your blogs here so people from SI could check it out?

2005/3/30 20:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy