SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This time of year...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

This time of year...

I use to love the whole season when I was younger, but I find as I walk through the stores now that all I can think about is how much debt we are in as a nation and how frivolous all this spending seems to be. Not that I think those who are shopping are doing anything wrong, my thoughts are more to do with the pressure that the stores, the advertizing, and society places on people to make it all the perfect holiday? The phrase I hear so many often use, "The Magic of Christmas" sets people up to make sure everything is so perfect. I begin to wonder is that even a possible thing to do and dose it really require that hundreds and thousands of dollars be spent in order for it so be so?

Of course I know the stores will always want to do what ever they can to draw people in and to get them to spend their dollars but for me it has taken away from what this time of year use to mean to me. Perhaps it was always all just an illusion and GOD is pulling back more of the curtain to reveal some things to me...

Just thought I would take the time to share this and say if as I am, anyone else struggles with this time of year because of the pressures that are out there, I pray we will all remember the greatest gift ever given has already been offered to each one of us in CHRIST JESUS!!

God bless
maryjane

2013/11/25 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy