SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Syrian Christians flee persecution as Patriarch urges them to stay in war-torn country

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Syrian Christians flee persecution as Patriarch urges them to stay in war-torn country

As some 450,000 Christians have fled Syria since a civil war erupted two years ago, the Syrian Patriarch of the Melkite Greek Catholic church has called on Christians to stay in Syria and survive a “difficult” future.

"I say to my children, stay in your country, the future will be difficult, but it will be better, God willing," Syrian Patriarch Gregory Laham told AFP in an interview.
On the eve of a trip to the Vatican for meetings with Pope Francis, Laham urged European countries to not "encourage Syrian Christians to emigrate."
"I say to the European countries that want to help, help people in difficulty, humanitarian cases but don't encourage people to emigrate," he said. ...

read more: http://rt.com/news/syrian-christians-patriarch-stay-079/

2013/11/24 13:44Profile

Re: Syrian Christians flee persecution as Patriarch urges them to stay in war-torn co

In the RT video clip in the link proved the reporter, Paula Slier, stated at the end of her report: “An American think tank, the Pew Forum, says ‘that Christians face harassment and oppression in 139 countries.’ This is nearly three-quarters of all the countries on the face of the earth."

2013/11/24 16:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy