SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Encouragement for the Day: 3

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Encouragement for the Day: 3

[i]"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn."[/i] - Isaiah 60:1-3

While the earth was in complete darkness, as it covered the face of the deep, the light of the Lord became the dawn, and the glory of the Lord arose in the midst, and Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners.

[i]"The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."[/i] - Matthew 4:16

This prophecy Jesus fulfilled at the beginning of his ministry, after preaching in Capernaum once he came out from the desert. He is the light of the world that was to come and save the world from it's darkness. His purpose was clear: To call us out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9)!

And further on in Isaiah chapter 60:

[i]"But you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise. The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end."[/i] - Isaiah 60:18-20

God did not sent His Son into the world to merely save sinners, but to transform them into sons of God! Not to simply rescue them from hell, but to establish them as citizens of heaven! To rule over them and govern His people just as the sun and the moon were created to govern the day. Examine the creation account in Genesis chapter one:

1) [i]"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep"[/i]

So is the condition of the lost. Darkness, emptiness, and void of life.

2) [i]"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good and He separated light from darkness."[/i]

So it is when God sent His Son, the light of the world, to this guilty sod. Jesus is good, and He too separated Himself from the world so that those who followed after Him would be separated (John 17:16-19).

3) And thereafter, God created the sun and the moon to govern that light, but there was something greater to come (Isaiah 60:22)! Jesus Christ would become our everlasting light, to rule us, to fill us, to make us the light of the world: Him in us! As we are the temples of the Holy Spirit, so we are cities on a hill that cannot be hidden! We are the light of the world... so allow Jesus to govern you, rule you, become who you are, and let your light shine before all men that they may praise our Father in heaven!

[i]"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."[/i]

[b]Arise, dear Christians! Today, arise![/b]

2005/3/29 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy