SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The miraculous gifts of the Spirit ceased-???????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: The Lord is bringing me back at the moment to the sinless state.

Come on don't mislead yourself, this the third time that I heard you say you have fallen from a sinless state. Now I don't deny that there is a work of the Spirit that causes you to be Holy and walk in the fullness of the Spirit, but error crept into the holiness movement as some started declaring sinless perfection and it discredited the holiness movement.

Quote: This is what I want - to be able to get out there and give real help for people to be rid of their sins instead of sitting babbling in a corner enjoying myself.

Humility is the blossom and beauty of holiness, not thorns and briars.

2013/11/10 8:24Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Krautfrau

It seems we are on very different pages here, and I do not wish to cause you irritation, but I would like to make two comments.

First, the instruction Paul gives in the 14th chapter of I Corinthians are simply that the use of the gift of speaking in tongues in church are not instructive to believers or to inquiring unbelievers. He acknowledges that observing a person worshipping in tongues is pretty much a waste of time, since those words do not help a person reach saving knowledge of Jesus. He does not suggest or command that the use of tongues is wrong, should stop, or that it is a demonic manifestation. His larger discussion of the subject, and his boast that he speaks in tongues more than any of them should lay to rest any notion that he opposed the practice.

But more important than that in this conversation is the suggestion I gave you that there are empty places in your heart. I did not put that in my post flippantly, as I do know for certain that there are those places! I know because in my nearly 70 years of life that my heart has many open places waiting to be filled with the things of God, and that I do not know what or where those places are! To reference this in Scripture, I would use Ephesians 1:17 and Paul's prayer that we receive wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

For me, as a very contented Christian, I know there are empty places still in my heart- not as a negative but as a positive anticipation that in the course of living, He will move to fill them whenever He can. He will give me increase- because the empty places are there!

And I am truly sorry that you have been hurt by the bungling of men who missed ministry opportunities, especially to you. May God restore to you those things and many more!

2013/11/10 11:42Profile

Re: Sidewalk

I have not said that Paul opposed tongues. He instructed order and as the sign gifts were still in force, he would not ban them, but the fact that the later letters do not mention them, should say something as error of course would increase as time went on.

Thank you for concern but all l need is restoration and then l will be filled with all the fullness l need, nor will l need any ministry. Rather l will be ministering as the prophetic call will be realised in me despite the opposition of those who hate holiness teaching. So you can pray for this if you wish if you will. God bless.

2013/11/10 12:01
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

I think I understand.

2013/11/10 16:32Profile

Re:

Have been curious about healings today compared to the NT. We all can acknowledge the healings that Jesus did and the many other things that He did that NO book would contain. However the bible only speaks of a few of instances to where the Apostles healed others...why is it that there seams to be more healings today than what the Apostles have indicated? They don't speak about healings in the manner of today's church does.

2013/11/10 21:28
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: However the bible only speaks of a few of instances to where the Apostles healed others...why is it that there seems to be more healings today than what the Apostles have indicated?

I don’t know maybe the when the Apostle were writing to the churches they focused more on addressing the church issues rather than telling them about miracles of healing.

Why do ask are you a bit skeptical?

2013/11/11 13:48Profile

Re:

No not skeptical, just making a point. Basically you said it correctly IMO, the Apostles were addressing issues within the church and building the church. I absolutely believe the Apostles healed, but it wasn't there focus or ministry. My assumption is if they, the Apostles, did not address miraculous healings and signs in there "ministry" maybe it stands to reason that some focus is miss directed? The Bible only speaks about a few incidents of Paul and Peter, but that's it in the canon of scripture. If by todays standards, the bible would be full of healing and ministries of healings.

2013/11/12 6:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy