SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Message from Robert M. McCheyne given before the Lord’s Table:

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 A Message from Robert M. McCheyne given before the Lord’s Table:

"HAVE YOU FORSAKEN THE ESTEEM OF ALL THE WORLD FOR CHRIST? IF YOU WILL BE JUSTIFIED BY THE WORD OF CHRIST, THE WORLD WILL DESPISE YOU. HAVE YOU DETERMINED TO FORSAKE THE ESTEEM OF THE WORLD FOR CHRIST, EVEN THOUGH IT SHOULD BE A DEAR WORLD-THOUGH A WIFE OF A HUSBAND? DO YOU COUNT THEIR FAVOUR ALL DUNG COMPARED WITH CHRIST SHINING INTO YOUR SOUL? Then you are welcome to the table; you have taken Moses' choice, you esteem the repoach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt. You are welcome to the Lord's table. We are poor and afflicted people, but we have got the favour of the Lord - cast in your lot among us. Welcome are you, brother, welcome are you, sister. Christ welcomes you; the Father welcomes you. In the name of my master, I say, All welcome.

BRETHREN, I BELIEVE THE MOST OF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO LEAVE THE WORLD FOR CHRIST - YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE HATED OF ALL MEN FOR THE NAME OF CHRIST. Ah, then, YOU CANNOT BE HIS; you may put your hand on the table, but remember, it is a Judas' hand - it is the hand of a betrayer.

HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ALL YOUR SINS FOR CHRIST? I have no doubt many of you will say, Yes, yes, to the first two questions, that will shrink from this one, Have you forsaken your idols? Have you forsaken the pleasures of the flesh for the mind of the Lord Jesus?"

"Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:33

-Robert M. McCheyne

2013/11/3 18:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy