SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente

Last month, after being sure to get his caffeine fix at Starbucks, Southern Baptist leader Richard Land went where few evangelicals had dared to go before: the campus of Brigham Young University, the intellectual heart of Mormonism.
After lecturing on “family, faith, freedom and America,” Land attended a BYU football game with Mormon leaders and joined them to hear James Taylor sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Days later, George O. Wood, the general superintendent of the Assemblies of God, also visited BYU, followed by the Rev. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of Southern Baptists’ flagship seminary.
Is there a new detente — perhaps more practical than theological — between evangelicals and Mormons? ...

read more: http://www.religionnews.com/2013/10/30/evangelical-visits-byu-signal-new-evangelical-mormon-detente/

2013/11/1 12:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente

What a sad waste of time for leaders in the body of Christ to be doing this. We need to be preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and not compromising to be "friends" with enemies of the Gospel. Mormonism is a false gospel with a false spirit.

2013/11/1 12:19Profile
Beige

Re:

My heart, my soul is so grieved tonight when I consider the assault that has come upon the church in these last days. These foundational churches are now compromising with cults -- Where is the salt of the earth? God help us. I was just forced to submit to biometric scanning of my fingerprints to enable myself and many others to be able to clock in at work. Had I not done so I would have lost my job. So, in fact I would not have been able to buy or sell. A christian minority is at a loss to combat this in the work place. I know that my peers at work who are christian say this is NOT the mark of the beast; but it is becoming ever more difficult to trust even the very voices of my christian peers as it appears deception may be quickly spreading over our land even over leaders in foundational churches. I am so worried about this and many other things that I feel have come against us as believers and me personally. I fear this is the first step in the slippery slope that is the mark of the beast. I hope someone will have words of wisdom for me. Please pray for us and for me. I personally am praying that God will raise up godly voices in men and women that are truly anointed by His Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us through these end times. I am also praying about leaving my beloved country, the USA. I am weeping from the loss and brokenness I feel in my heart over the spiritual condition of this once great and godly country. I feel as if I am entering a state of mourning. Do any others feel as I do?

2013/11/3 4:47Profile
ET101

Re: Evangelical visits to BYU signal a new evangelical-Mormon detente

David Wilkerson and many others prophesied this would happen. . . a coming together of 'evangelicalism' with all manner other doctrines. . .

2013/11/3 5:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy