SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Apocity: The Greatest Omission...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

WarriorforGod, it was an old man in a small village that prayed to God that He would bring a Jew to his village so that he could tell the Jew about Christ. The Jew was Richard Wurmbrand. You can read about it in "Tortured for Christ".

What does "Go ye into all the world" mean to you and how do you personally use that phrase when you look upon your brothers and sisters.

Don't we go into the world when we go to work, go shopping, or attend any other public happening?

Go ye into all the world, does not necessarily mean "go to China", does it? I am asking what it means to you?

2013/11/7 1:40
warriorofgod

Re:

Thanks for asking and thanks for the clarification.

Going into the world is inclusive of all things you do in the world. I agree with you. When I say inclusive, that means it also can be going to another country should you feel called to do so. However, when a person does not fufill the Great commission, and they are not regularly, consistently, and purposfully, sharing their faith with others in the world (whether verbally or graphically) with loved ones or stangers, they are committing apocity. And no, lifestyle evangelism and friendship evangelism are not suitable substitutes, nor are they commanded. This too the book clarifies.

There may be some confusion here as to what I am trying to convey because of the limitations of this kind of medium. I would definitely pick up a copy of "Apocity: The Greatest Omission" for yourself so that you can see what I am talking about.

Any other thoughts?

2013/11/7 10:58Profile

Re:

Any other thoughts? Of course! I think it is a worthy discussion.

Let's break down the "Great Commission" and talk about how the Holy Spirit deals with a man/woman, internally in fulfilling His will, which is, "bringing many sons to glory".

Heb_2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Christians are not salesmen that read a "sales manual" and then go out and sell. Our life emanates from His life and our will is to be directed by His will. And we know there are times and seasons in a Believer's life for everything in God's economy (will). So, only God can really judge if someone is refusing to perform His will for them.

But, I do agree we can talk about the command to, "go into all the world", and what that entails and how it is worked into and out of a follower of Christ.

And also, that being a witness for Christ is not always about talking. It is often about how you act, carry yourself, respond to others, etc, etc.

The key is, are we submitting to the Holy Spirit's will to conform us to the image of Christ. If so, then we will be walking as Christ walked in many respects.

There are many people that think evangelism is a program to be perfected. They have perfected all the techniques of evangelism but are performing them largely apart from an abiding relationship with the Holy Spirit. So, are they committing the sin of apocity since they are not engaging in true Evangelism and they are largely performing their own will (not being led by the Spirit)?

They don't want to committ the sin of apocity so they determine to engage in Evangelism so they cannot be accused of this sin. Yet, they are completely leaning upon their own understanding and not seeking to be led by the Holy Spirit, Who may have them concentrate on more important, internal things for awhile.

2013/11/7 14:20
warriorofgod

Re:

I agree. That is why in this book, the author reveals that being a false convert and being an apocite often go hand in hand. It is not so much the act, but the true nature of a believer. Liek I said, you should really get a copy. I don't think you would have any problem with it at all (well, for the most part. I don't know exactly everything you believe). :D

2013/11/7 23:52Profile

Re:

Yes, but I would like to discuss this concept (which is nothing) new, without reading the book. But, I tell you what. I will get the book if it is a free downloadable book.

Now you are telling us that an apocite is closely related to a false convert. But, isn't that obvious?

Jesus said, "If you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father in heaven".

True converts are not ashamed of Jesus Christ. But, I hope this book is not laying out a litmus test for how to judge a true convert based on it's views of how a Christian should be walking everyday. That concept would be very dangerous to propagate.

2013/11/8 9:36

Re:

Ok, went to the website. You gotta be kidding me!! 170 pages on Apocity!@!?

What's the guy doing? Making another systematic theology out of this new phrase?

How many pages does it take to tell a true believer to share the Gospel? And do you really have to tell a true believer to share the gospel?

Conversely, how many pages does it take to tell False Believers that they are not sharing the Gospel because they are False Believers?

And here is the rub: Is this book going to turn everyone into roving judges of who is true and false based on whether they evangelize or not?

2013/11/8 9:38
warriorofgod

Re:

The systematic theology is from the scriptures. The word is coined to place a name to what the scriptures already declare is a sin.

No you don't have to tell a true believer to share the gospel. That is one of the points in the book. However, I can see you are not attracted to it. I still would encourage you to read it. If not, that's fine. God speed.

2013/11/8 23:32Profile

Re:

Ok, thanks Wofgod.

I am content with the Scripture's terms of walking in the flesh or walking after the Spirit, though I would probably read the book if I stumbled upon it.

2013/11/9 22:10
warriorofgod

Re:

That is good. I would expect nothing less. At least you now have a word to use for the sin of not evangelizing, should you decide to use it. :)

Does anyone else have anything to add to this conversation? Do you believe not evangelizing is a sin? Do you think it is needful to have a word to describe this once nameless sin?

2013/11/10 13:09Profile

Re:

warrior,

with all due respect, I was not looking for a word and I don't think the Apostles were at a loss for a word, either. I don't think it is necessary to have a word for a "nameless sin" and apparently, the Holy Spirit doesn't think so, either.

2013/11/12 8:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy