SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Catholic Charismatic Renewal, David Wilkerson ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Catholic Charismatic Renewal, David Wilkerson ?

I was researching the "Catholic Charismatic Renewal" in which I do not know anything about.

I was surprised and a little dumbfounded when I read about its begainings, They attribute the reading of Wilkersons "The Cross and the Switchblade" as one of the things that seemed to have triggered it.

I really do not know what to think, It struck me as a little odd, what are your thoughts ?

2013/10/29 23:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Catholic Charismatic Renewal, David Wilkerson ?

Quote:
I was researching the "Catholic Charismatic Renewal" in which I do not know anything about.

This was part of the charismatic revival where people in the Catholic church were starting to come to the Lord and the Pope declared an rule that all Catholic charismatics could stay in the basements of their churches and have their "type" of service, this in a very clever way kept most locked into the deception of the Catholic system. Some did end up leaving and found themselves into evangelical churches and some independent catholic charismatic meetings which unfortunately still hold to compromising things such as the Catholic Eucharist. But I cannot speak for all these independent assemblies and surely God's people are in some of them.

Overall I see it as a positive thing in relation to the Catholic church were some considered the true Christ and more evangelical truth. Yet it never turned into a great exodus that many felt it would in those days from my readings.

brother David Wilkerson might have spoken at or to some charismatic catholic meetings which was something many famous evangelical leaders did to preach the truth of the Gospel to them, etc. These are just some things that come to mind from my little reading on this era.

2013/10/29 23:41Profile
proudpapa

Thank you Greg,

As I set down to ponder this, The question came to mind, I wonder if this movement caused an exodus.

thank you for your reply

It seems that it would have had a better outcome had the Pope condemned it, That would have probably suppressed the counterfeit and exoduced the genuine.

Thank you for your post

2013/10/29 23:54Profile

Re:

In Scotland, most of the Catholic Charismatics stayed within the Catholic church. It has caused much confusion and helped to water down and cloud the fact that over the last 100 years millions have came out of the Catholic church having found the true Jesus as opposed to the Eucharist and trnasubstansiation. Consider this, if I had a friend who was a Catholic Charismatic and I went to his church with him on a Sunday, we could not share the communion table together as I would not be permitted to partake ( which I would not do anyway as an ex Catholic) My point being, push a Catholic Charismatic and they will be loyal, first and foremost, to the Catholic church. Our God is a jealous God. He will have no other gods before Him. My advice to any Catholic, find the true Jesus and "come out of her" the Catholic church...........bro Frank

2013/10/30 0:47
a-servant

Re:

You're not looking carefully enough to see it yet. He was one of the first to work on the final version of the church of the Laodiceans:

David de Plessis, an ecumenist, used charismaticism as a bridge to join the Pentecostal church and Roman Catholicism. As an invited guest at Vatican 2 he was one of the main personalities behind charismaticism today. Indeed, such is his influence, even now, that he has been called "Mr. Pentecost" .Time magazine said of de Plessis:

"No one in the twentieth century so effectively linked three of the major movements of the time - the Pentecostal movement, the ecumenical movement, and the charismatic movement."

2013/10/30 4:03Profile
docs

Re: Pope Paul VI

This Pope Paul gave his blessings to the new movement sweeping through his denomination beginning somewhere in the 1960s and encouraged it. He took note of its intense spirituality and lifting up of Christ. That didn't solve all of the Catholic doctrinal issues of course.

2013/10/30 4:33Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Papa, a book to read on this if you want to get a true picture for yourself of what really took place is titled "As By a New Pentecost"
very good book.

As for me, I had to cross a line in the book with a black marker. I just couldn't bare looking at it. I can't even remember what it says exactly but it was concerning Mary.

Other than that the book is excellent with many testimonies of conversion.

2013/10/30 13:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy