SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : David Ravenhill Blog Posting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

David Ravenhill Blog Posting

Has anyone read the response by David Ravenhill, son of Leonard Ravenhill, to the Strange Fire conference? The link was posted somewhere yesterday and disappeared from the board. But found the blog through a Google search using David Ravenhill's Blog.

The blog is short and contains some thoughtful insights.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/28 8:43

Re: Davud Ravenhl Blog Posting

Hi Bear,

I read it yesterday. This was the link:

http://davidravenhill.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/24-october-2013-1308/

2013/10/28 8:54
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re: Davud Ravenhill Blog Posting

I could not agree more with brother David. I also agree though, especially here in America and even Canada and Europe, there are some demonic activity under the name of Christian happening in many so-called charismatic churches.

This is why we, we all, must heed the word of God in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17.

Blessings all,
Jeremy

2013/10/29 9:39Profile

Re:

David's message was very good. And to be sure, there is plenty of demonic activity to go around in non-charismatic churches, too. Hatred, envy, jealousy, greed, adultery, homosexuality, etc, etc.

2013/10/29 13:37
ArtB

New York

Re:

I have tried to listen to Leonard Ravenhill's sermons, I just can not listen to people who can only communicate by screaming continuously. Obviously, I realize that for many here, this is not a problem.

If anyone whispers in my ear, I will still understand what you said and meant, and my ears will benefit from that. I earned 4 degrees at CUNY in NY, without having any Professor screaming at us students, and I still understood them, except from one foreign Professor whose English was quite undecipherable.

Hatred, envy, jealousy, pride, and greed, arise from feelings of inferiority, from fear of being rejected, being unimportant, Being unloved, or for simply being selfish.

So I decided to live by just 3 Laws from the Bible:

1. The Royal Law of Love. Matthew: 36-40: “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

And,

James 2:8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Of course our neighbors are all whom come into contact with us.

8 If, however, you are fulfilling the [a]royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the [b]law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole [c]law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not commit murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the [d]law. 12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy [e]triumphs over judgment.

2. The Law of Liberty: Mercy Triumphs over Judgement

8 If, however, you are fulfilling the [a]royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. 9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the [b]law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not commit murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.

19 Know this, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. 22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

3.The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus:

- Via Romans Chapters 1-10. The Holy Spirit is our Helper in us, the indwelling Holy Spirit whom works continuously in us to transform our very nature as we daily walk with Him, that we naturally do the good that He created us to do.

I could never keep the Mosaic Laws, But by these 3 Laws and the by the atoning blood of Jesus, by the indwelling Holy Spirits, and with these 3 Laws - God Keeps me.

2013/10/29 17:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy