SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the difference between the old covenant vs. the new covenant.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

What is the difference between the old covenant vs. the new covenant.

What is the difference between the old covenant vs. the new covenant?

2013/10/24 16:15Profile
proudpapa

Re: What is the difference between the old covenant vs. the new covenant.

That is a most excellant question for discussion.

I think another most excellant question for discussion would be when did the new covenant begin.

2013/10/24 17:20Profile
proudpapa

Law vs Grace

2013/10/24 18:32Profile

Re:

The key component of the Old Covenant was law. The key component of the New Covenant is the Spirit. 2 Cor. 3 lays out the differences between the Old and New Covenants.

The New Covenant probably had its start when Christ cane in the scene. But was inaugurated at the cross.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/24 20:23

Re:

Quote:

by proudpapa on 2013/10/24 18:32:43

Law vs Grace

A scripture to go with your succinct answer, proudpapa.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, BUT grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

2013/10/24 21:02
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: OT/NT

The Old testament establishes that the law is the holy transcript of the Character of God.

The New Testament is the placement of that law into the heart and soul of man.

And then there are details...

2013/10/24 22:15Profile
savannah

Re: Moses and Jesus

just-in said,

"A scripture to go with your succinct answer, proudpapa.

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, BUT grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Not so just-in!

Consider this:

John 1:17, For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. KJV

Observe: First, though appearing to present a "grace-law antithesis," the word but is added to the text; it is, consequently, unwise to suppose a doctrine, especially one as evil as militancy between God's grace and God's law, on the translators' added word.

John 1:17 with no added words says, "For the law through Moses was given; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Additionally, the enemy's perversion of "UNDER GRACE, NOT LAW" logically means that Christ, the Word of God, militated against God's law.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil, Matthew 5:17.

"Therefore, to make the law as given at the Mount an antithesis of the abundant grace of God is clearly a very wicked sin." - Ovid Need

2013/10/24 22:16Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

In a nutshell:

OC - "Thou shalt; thou shalt not"
NC - "I will"

2013/10/24 22:26Profile
proudpapa

Re: Law of sin and death vs Law of liberty

RE: ///Observe: First, though appearing to present a "grace-law antithesis," the word but is added to the text; it is, consequently, unwise to suppose a doctrine, especially one as evil as militancy between God's grace and God's law, on the translators' added word.///

Is Ovid Need saying that the enemy perverted the Scripture by adding the word but ?

RE: /// the enemy's perversion of "UNDER GRACE, NOT LAW" logically means that Christ, the Word of God, militated against God's law. ///

The enemy misconstrues the Grace of our God for lasciviousness he also misconstrues Believers back under the law of sin and death.

RE: /// Additionally, the enemy's perversion of "UNDER GRACE, NOT LAW" logically means that Christ, the Word of God, militated against God's law. ///

Biblical Grace and what I was reffering to by Law vs Grace is :

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death

2013/10/24 22:50Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Yes,...I too,like ed the question Arthur ,

Also appreciated just-in'.....
Law vs Grace

The difference I see,
Law: it is written,...we were to look ( read it),and try to do/ live it.
(we had no power to do it)

Grace: The Devine influence upon our heart,and it's reflection in the life.

Grace , "the Good news,...that through Jesus ' sacrifice,He has made a Way for us,through His Spirit ,...who is Spirit /Truth/(Word)that He has written on our hearts.

(Grace to draw us to His Truth/Word,,...

Jn.1:17," For the law was given by Moses,but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ" ,.....("The Way") ,...Thank you for posting the Scripture,
just- in.

For Him alone,who is so worthy,

elizabeth

2013/10/24 22:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy