SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Fukushima---time to pray HARD.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I have been burdened and grieving over this for over one year. I am an occupational safety and environmental engineer and have been following the news. Please find some intriguing and informative links below:

Great website with live updates/webcams on Fukushima plant and cleanup/decontamination efforts:

http://www.fukuleaks.org/web/

Link showing how the U.S. in April 15, 2013, required the EPA to dramatically weakening radiation protection throughout the U.S.:

http://www.nirs.org/radiation/radstds/radstdshome.htm

Letter from Governor Jay Inslee in Washington addressing Congress on using proven cleanup techniques:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mlm/congressorg/bio/userletter/?id=612&letter_id=9270058301&content_dir=congressorg

Breakthrough Study Sheds Light On Cell Defense Against Radiation Exposure and Japanese Researchers Use Microbes to Remove Cesium in Water & Soil:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130326095045.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjR_kNgnJ5U

http://www.midamericalandrestore.com/

Lastly, I just found this Youtube channel which has a list of great links attached. Click on the "show more" tab under the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSSU1zrMyY

KM

2013/10/23 16:02
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Revelation 8:9

"The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Is that scripture not about the second world war?

105,127 ships participated in WW2, 36,387 ships were destroyed by the end of the war. The huge mountain could have been the nuclear attack on Japan, but don't know the damage to sea life caused by the war...

2013/10/23 18:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Fukushima---time to pray HARD.

Neil, I looked at the chart posted in the first link...and I noticed a cluster of elevated radiation in the Chicago area. Got an possible explanation for this? Physically, Chicago is along way from the west coast...

2013/10/23 18:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
by murrcolr on 2013/10/23 18:19:07

Revelation 8:9

"The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Is that scripture not about the second world war?

105,127 ships participated in WW2, 36,387 ships were destroyed by the end of the war. The huge mountain could have been the nuclear attack on Japan, but don't know the damage to sea life caused by the war...

I don't think a third of the creatures in the sea died during world war II. Nuclear contamination seems to be what can overwhelming cause it to happen.

2013/10/23 23:49
Jeremy221

Re: Reactions and reflection

We need to be careful how we react to news like this. Is your first reaction to preserve yourself or to seek God's face? Courses of events like this show us where our lives are being lived and whether we are really relying on every word that comes from God. Do we really walk such that even our own life is hated for the sake of following Christ? Is it only the pioneer missionaries and those who presently live under persecution that must rely on constant moment by moment fellowship? How good is your hearing? How quick your obedience? If the Spirit said, "Leave at dusk," would you be ready to go? Or would your devotions and prayer meetings delay you?

2013/10/24 3:22Profile

Ginny Rose /Jeremy/brethern

in the early days after the disaster at Fukushima, I was grilled into a site, that showed via overhead telemetry, the cesium 137, and strot 90, etc, in the both the water and at the 5000 meter level, and the prevailing winds for a LONG time took it over North America...so there can always be "clusters"...that would be my assumption.

Jeremy speaks well, I woke at 0230 this morning, Bible and coffee, and in the Deep Things of God the Holy Spirit, I felt a form of "release"....meaning "worry" is no longer a part of my heart repose in Messiah.....and it DID NOT 'hurt', that the Portion of the Word, i'm in, is the "ascent" Psalms...i'm writing something, and the Portion is Psalm 120 thru 137.

ALL the Word of God is indeed Precious to me, but there are certain Parts which I clutch to my spirit, Psalm 137 is one: (how i love that Word!)

"By the waters of Babylon,
there we sat down and wept,
when we remembered Zion."....that's just the First Verse.

in verse 8, i exult in this:

"O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed,
blessed shall he be who repays you
with what you have done to us!"

but then in verse 9, i grieve:

"Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!"

sometimes man does such, that's grievous and terrible, I've been of the conviction that all imprecatory prayers BELONG to Jesus.

THEN....and i cant wait, i get to go to Psalm 139, which I LOVE!!!!...this precious is the Foundation of Intimacy...TRUE intimacy with God: (i WANT to post the Whole Psalm, but, should i O Lord?)

yes....lets bury this in our heart and soul and spirit!

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you."

that's the first 12 verses....THEN, the Lord shows His ABUNDANT, steadfast, faithful love for us!! (verses 13 thru 16...BURY THIS in your heart!!!)

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."

then the 17th and 18th Verses, which is how i awoke this morning, Bless His Name!!

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you."

then there's a really DIRE prayer that belongs to Jesus, for He was nailed to the Cross....It belongs to Him...

but then in conclusion, is a prayer, that one should BE VERY CAREFUL to pray, much like Evan Roberts prayer, "Bend me O Lord, Bend me! Bend the Church".......unless your REALLY READY for a Gethsemane experience, don't pray this prayer, until you are ready to JOIN in the Fellowship of His Suffering:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!"

The Lord WILL bring up all the muck and junk in our hearts, and that is never pleasant...its NEEDED, amen...but its not a whopping good time.

Did you notice "in the way"? I've been seeing That in the Psalter, time and time again..."The Way"...Jesus said, "I am the Truth, the Life and The Way". the Early Church was called "The Way"....and in my heart, that's what i call The Body of Christ, This Most Holy Faith......The Way.

not "Christianity"...no. catholics call themselves "Christians"....as do jehovahs, sda's, Mormons, etc etc etc...(this program capitalizes words i NEVER mean to capitalize)

pre 315 AD....there were NO "denominations", there was ONLY "The Way"....then the devil, realizing he couldn't smash "The Way"....smash the Church.....in his foul cunning, thinks, 'i'll "join" it".....and gets into Constantine....and what do we get? the "holy roman church".....

and if anyone wants to bring up Luther? there is a PRIME example of how ONE man can TRASH his ministry....what was one of the last papers he wrote?...could it be "On Jews and Their Lies"?.....thank you Luther (/sarc)

The Way, amen....make it so Lord, amen.

2013/10/24 7:08
MaryJane

Re: Ginny Rose /Jeremy/brethern

Thank you to everyone for sharing their hearts on this topic. As I read through what is happening the only fear that I struggle with is for those who are lost. Those who have yet to know JESUS, sometimes I want to shake them awake and say don't you see don't you realize how short time is. I want to tell them your lost and dying and your only hope is JESUS!!Repent and turn to HIM!
I pray, but this has been a very good reminder never to stop praying, never to get comfortable with the status of life and become less diligent in seeking HIM and walking with HIM daily. I tell my sons often that in this life there is nothing that is more important than knowing JESUS and living unto HIM. HE is and always will be what matters!!

Thank you Neil again for sharing your heart with us.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/24 8:24Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

What does that mean to pray hard?

2013/10/24 9:37Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2013/10/24 6:37:30

Greetings John

I think it just means to pray as the LORD gives you leading on this with out ceasing. This is my understanding at least. As I pray GOD brings this up and I pray and if HE brings it up one hundred times a day then I pray one hundred times. :)

Maybe other can share if they have different understanding.

God bless
mj

2013/10/24 9:56Profile

Deadn

you asked

Quote:

what does that mean?

you ever cry? (which is a stupid question) of course you have, me too?.....why? something made you feel bad, or hurt...or you're in desperate straits....and there is NOTHING you can DO about it.....nothing....so you cry. Maybe some people push that down, and don't cry...or cry out.

and there is NOTHING you can do to stop the pain. whether physical or in the soul, so your appeals are made to God, begging pleading crying.....to Him.

that's praying "hard", you cant put formed words together in intricate sentences, because the situation seems so helpless and hopeless.

that's why a baby crys....doesn't have words, to indicate, the wee one is either...hungry, has fecal matter in his/her diapers, and upset stomach, etc......and the good parent tends to this cry at once.

When I became a father in 1995, my boy would cry, and I would be at his side immediately, if I smelled a soiled diaper, it was off immediately, and he was cleaned TOTALLY, five wipes if need be, within 90 seconds, because he was helpless, and I wouldn't want to be laying next to my waste. It was my JOY to care for him, and I still do, though the care is different, now that he's 18. That care is when he wants to read me a college essay, i'm all ears.

I only bring this up, because when I apprehended Messiah Jesus, being a father HELPED me understand the Mind of God, AND the offense of the Cross.

one day, I think in Church, he was 7, and I looked down at his thin little boy wrists, and in my hearts eye, I could "see" somebody pounding a railroad tie thru that beautiful wrist, I could see his eyes, terrified in pain, hear his screams....and THEN I KNEW.....i'll never forget that moment this side of Heaven, because thank God i'm not "god".....not one of you reading this would be in one piece, you'd all be bits of radiated carbon ripped apart, flying thru space, forgotten and dead.

So, I reflected on God's pain for His Son, and for His Love, abundant, steadfast and faithful.....and I KNEW, that the Blood cleanses all sin, and that This Second, Jesus is conducting the greatest Intercessory Prayer Ministry EVER. (John 17)

so "praying hard" is just that, "praying hard", with EVERYTHING in your heart soul body mind.

we good now?

2013/10/24 10:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy