SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : There , there, everthing is going to be okay!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

There , there, everthing is going to be okay!

How many times I have heard people say " There there, everything will be okay." Having now lived long enough, I know that not to be true, yet still people somehow cling to that notion and draw comfort from it. Humanism. When Peter , hearing Jesus talk about the things that He must suffer, rebukes Jesus and tells Him these things shall never be, Jesus uses the same rebuke that He used on Satan when Satan tempted Him with all the Kingdoms of the world.

And so, those who mind the things of the world will always be offended at the notion that we have been called to suffer. We know that all who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer, yet we also know that there are many who would rebuke us for these thoughts. And why? Because they mind the things of this world and do not mind the things of God. Can you imagine our Lord Jesus rebuking us and calling us Satan? The choice before us? The cross and Christ or the " things of men."

Luk 4:8 And Jesus answered and said to him, Get behind me, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve."

Mar 8:33 But when He had turned around and looked on His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, Get behind Me, Satan! For you do not mind the things of God, but of the things of men.

2013/10/22 18:31
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: There , there, everthing is going to be okay!

How many times I have heard people say " There there, everything will be okay."

!!

2013/10/22 21:24Profile
romanchog

Re: There , there, everthing is going to be okay!

How many times I have heard people say " There there, everything will be okay."

I understand the point of this post and don't mean to take away from it, but I wanted to add that for those who are in Christ, this is really true. Everything IS okay.

It is all in our perspective. If we understand that our suffering is allowed by His Sovereign will in our life, and we know that He is GOOD, then we can know that everything IS okay.

And if we remember that suffering is a PRIVILEGE, not a burden, then we can carry with us the joy of the Lord, just as Paul did.

"[Strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22

"For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake" Philip 1:29

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; THAT I MAY KNOW HIM and the power of His resurrection, AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, being conformed to His death, IF, BY ANY MEANS, I MAY ATTAIN TO THE RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD." Philip 3:8-11

2013/10/22 22:11Profile

Re:

"I understand the point of this post and don't mean to take away from it, but I wanted to add that for those who are in Christ, this is really true. Everything IS okay."

That was the point of the post :) That the proper perspective on suffering means that we know that in this world we will have troubles, that is for sure, and as far as the world is concerned we may not overcome the situation in the flesh but we will and do in the Spirit. The Hollywood ending where we walk off into the sunset was not the lot of the Apostles and saints down through the ages, but now they dwell in the eternal sunset of His glory............bro Frank

2013/10/22 22:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy